View Full Version : Share your secrets! What do you carry in your backpack?

10-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Or your waist pack, purse, shopping sack, whatever you carry into the park?

What's in there? Care to share with us what you carry with you, and why? :yes: :D

10-08-2008, 01:40 PM
I take a bumbag that also looks ok over the shoulder for when I've finished at the parks.
I take camcorder plus spare battery and tape. (DH carries the camera)
comb (have to keep looking pretty!)
I pop some TC's and cash into a pocket of the bumbag (no purse)
contact lense refresher
mobile phone (this also has a dictophone to keep info for trippies when I get home)

I usually keep a lipgloss, face powder, deoderant wipes and perfume in the car glove compartment so that if we go on anywhere after the park closes, I can freshen up.

10-08-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't! I have me, my room key, a few dollars, a cell phone in my pocket and camera round my neck and that's it :lol:

10-08-2008, 01:53 PM
If it's a quick visit, it's the cc and AP in the pocket. Maybe the camera in it's little bag, with my cell. :yes:

If it's an extended visit, or one with guests or our Seth, then look out! :lol: There will be drinks, sandwiches, fresh fruit, veggies, wipes, change of clothes for the boy, small towel, sunscreen, hat, glasses (he takes them off and on) ponchos, and wipes for mosquitos. :yes: The camera bag will have the camera, the cell, extra batteries and extra memory card.

Depending upon the time of year, there will be an umbrella stuck in there somewhere.

10-08-2008, 01:59 PM
I have my small across the body Kipling Bag which contains a small coin purse, park pass, my glasses in case of problems with contacts, sunscreen, tissues and a small pack of wipes.

DH carries the camera bag with camera and camcorder.

DS carries a small backpack with the raincoats in. :D

10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Nice! Sharing the load is MUCH nicer that one person lugging it all. Seth is now at the age where he wants his own little backpack. :yes:

Since the advent of Crocs, I no longer carry an extra pair of shoes and socks during the rainy season. :D

10-08-2008, 02:04 PM
Do you know it only occured to me after we got home and I was looking at the photos that DS carried that bag every day! :)

10-08-2008, 02:06 PM
We do carry a soft sided cooler when the boy or other guests are with us. That carries the things that need to be kept cold. Saves a bundle, but more importantly we don't run the risk of food bourne illness with a little one, nor stomach upset due to unfamiliar food.

Yeah. I'm a freak. :(

10-08-2008, 02:10 PM
all 3 of us carry a fanny pack, plus I have a mesenger bag...Mickey Mouse of course :). Inside is indiviual anti bacteria wipes( for the potty mostly...I know where my rear has been...yours...not so much!) an personal first aid kit( got them from target...about 1/2 as thick as a deck of cards and just a a bit longer), our cameras and travel size deoderants( we don't do BO!) and of course our travel drink mixes..lipton teas mostly lol. The messenger bag has refills and is put in a locker with the big camera( we go back for refills and about 2 hrs before the fireworks).

10-08-2008, 02:10 PM
I've only got a small bum bag but it holds so much. CC's, a few $, sunglasses, paper tissues, normal glasses (I need them for seeing close up), used to carry cigarettes but stopped a couple of years ago. Room pass, camera. That's all I can think of but I'm mentally unpacking it so there's sure to be more :yes:

10-08-2008, 02:12 PM
lol I completely forgot the small mickey purse that hangs around my neck. That carries my room card and some change lol

10-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Congratulations to you Piglet! :hug2: That is a horrid thing to do, quit smoking but once you've done it what a glorious thing, eh? :yes:

Oh, nearly forgot. I carry ibuprofen with me too. And, Zantac. I have wicked trouble with indigestion. :rolleyes:

Carrying a first aid kit is a great idea, but for those who don't you can get bandaids (very nice ones, I might add) ibuprofen, anti-itch stuff... ect. without cost at the first aid stations in each park.

If you have a little one and forget or run out of something important (diapers, formula, baby food, ect.) you can purchase those items in the baby care centers located near the first aid stations. The one in EPCOT is my personal favorite. When Seth was younger we visited each one as we used the parks. MK was jammed with a disinterested CM. AK was set up for really small children, not so much for the growing toddler, don't honestly remember DHS, but EPCOT had it all. Tables large enough for a toddler (or much larger child, which I thought was particularly nice) clean high chairs, a nice playroom, a private nursing area, a microwave, sink, free water dispenser...etc. AND CMs who were helpful and really interested. :yes:

10-08-2008, 02:20 PM
oh yeah...we carry our mid day and evening doses of meds with us...love those travel pill cases :)

it's amazing what those packs can carry lol

10-08-2008, 02:45 PM
In my backpack are a poncho in a ziploc bag, brush, lipstick, small baggie with Tylenol, Benadryl and a tummy med, a pen, my little plastic thingie that Disney sends travel docs in (I put all my paper thingies I might need in there), camera. That's about it.

10-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Well, since I can no longer carry a backpack I have cut down to:

Purse/ camera & spare battery/ tissues & a handkerchief / a fan/ antiseptic wipes/ bandaids/ sunglasses/sun lotion/ insect repellent/ aspirin/comb/mascara/ lip balm/ eyebrow pencil (I donít have much brow left)/ little Piglet / mobile phone / brolly if raining/ a nut bar (I have to eat right away if I feel faint)/ a bottle of water for some of the day

so it all fits in to my Kipling overbody bag. :)

10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Looks like kipling are a fave among us.....mine's a kipling too. I have the waist bag.

10-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Looks like kipling are a fave among us.....mine's a kipling too. .

I like them because they don't weigh much before you stuff them. :lol:

10-08-2008, 03:50 PM
We have 3 kids....it's more like what DON'T I carry in the backpack! Snacks, moleskin, extra strength Excedrine, diapers, wipes, change of clothes (for the 2 little guys), small flashlight, bottles, baby food, water.....

mainecoon lover
10-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Dd comes with everything but the kitchen sink so i take the minimal for me, purse, tickets,camera and money.

11-08-2008, 04:22 PM
I carry a soft leather shoulder bag--usually about 10" wide x 7" high x 3" deep. The last few WDW visits, it has been Stone Mountain, but it can vary. I like a lightweight bag that can be used throughout the holiday.

What I carry...

Sunglasses usually are on my face or on top of my head, but they fit in the purse if necessary. I do carry a spare pair of sunglasses--lost a pair in Mickey's PhilharMagic one year and had to pay an outrageous amount for a pair I didn't like--but I didn't like any of the others, either! :lol: The spare pair is very compact and doesn't take a lot of space.

Wallet--includes ID (drivers license), medical/dental insurance cards, money for the day and a TC or two in case I'm in the mood to spend a bit! :D Everything else is removed before leaving home to lighten the load.

Reading glasses. No choice. Can't read a map, schedule or price tag without them!

Bottle strap.

Disposable rain poncho, depending on the weather.

Battery-operated fan & extra AA batteries for fan & camera.

Itinerary with ADRs and essential contact information, pen & paper.

Cell phone.

Packet of facial tissues.

Sinus & pain relief medication, evening supplements (usually at the parks until quite late), packet of protein drink mix in case I'm hungry and can't find a CS menu that appeals. Sorry! Really don't like the hamburgers at WDW and get very tired of chicken strips after about three days! :lol:

Cosmetic bag contains...
Contact lens conditioning solution (travel size), small mirror, lip emolient, hand lotion or cream, sunscreen, a few antibacterial wipes--I'm not very conscientious about using them--hair brush. Oh! Extra bands in case I want to put my hair up or pull it back completely. Nail file.

The camera is in it's own little bag and attached to the strap of the purse for easy access.

If I'm at WDW during hot/very warm weather (very rarely), I also have a hat I can fold and put in my purse when I'm not wearing it. Not a fashion statement, but it's great sun protection! :D

That's all I can think of at the moment. Some items I carry on a regular basis, others are strictly for the trip.

11-08-2008, 04:50 PM
Don't use one..I wear a lanyard full of pins with a clear plastic holder for passes, room keys, fastpasses and a few $. DH carries camera and more $$$.

DS has his own bag with all his supplies for the day. Hate opening it for the security people.

30-07-2009, 06:34 PM
Ok, I know it's corny but I love my fanny pack. I carry our kttw, chap stick, camera, cell phone, hand sanitizer, money. The less I have to carry around the better. Anything we purchase in the parks we have sent to the resort!

30-07-2009, 06:42 PM
before Tatiana hahaha
camcorder and camera
sun hats and sunglasses (unless we are wearing them)
a brita water bottle that we just keep filling in the parks
our keys
some cash for snacks

After Tatiana.. WATCH OUT WORLD! hahaha, we are taking a suitcase into the parks!
changing pad, diapers, wipes, ointment
change of clothes and shoes
small cooler with 1 milk bottle and 1 water bottle
blankie (thats her lovey)
sunhat and sunglasses for her (I doubt she'll keep them on)
and whatever she decides to get at the shops :)

30-07-2009, 06:47 PM
Park passes. Room card/key. Car keys. Cash/TCs. Credit card. Spare camera batts. Sunscreen. Drivers license for id. Bottle strap. Tissues. In a waist pack. Camera round neck.

31-07-2009, 08:37 AM
Just got us all tricked out with fanny packs on Amazon.com--they've got some good, inexpensive ones. I also indulged in a medium-sized "metro" designed backpack, one that looks more at home in SoHo than on a camping trip. It's now my purse, but for WDW it'll lug our snacks and anything too bulky to fit in the fanny packs.
I'll be toting my kttw, camera, ID, cell phone, cash/credit cards, sunglasses and sunscreen (in chapstick-type format), as well as the kiddos' stash of Disney Dollars. They'll carry their own kttw, water bottles, autograph books/pens and disposable cameras, as well as pin lanyards and sunglasses.
Tucked in to their fanny packs will also be a small index card with the running total of Disney Dollars each has available. Any spending on their part gets tallied daily, and saves me from having to sort out who spent what to buy which trinket!

31-07-2009, 11:58 AM
all i carry is my camera's, camcorder & tix in wallet and thats it :D the baglady carries everything else :lol:

31-07-2009, 12:52 PM
and whatever she decides to get at the shops :)

31-07-2009, 02:57 PM
I utilize a bum bag. In there are my small wallet with a few cc's, room key and park pass (AP). Also sunglass case, tylenol and cell phone. That's about it.

04-08-2009, 07:02 PM
Before my daughter - I took everything in my pockets, wallet, key and camera sorted.

Now.... Largest Rucksack I own with camera, camcorder, sunscreen, hat, change of clothes, change of shoes, sling, toilet seat (folding one) pull ups, snack bag, water bottle and the kitchen sink... oh no wait that is was hubby just told me was missing from my list. LOL

04-08-2009, 07:53 PM
Redfaced. That's me...

...my best gal pal just reminded me what "fanny" means in the UK. :eek3:
Should have said "waist pack!" :hide: *hides*

Can the Kipling bag fans tell me more about their preferred bag? I looked at their website; do you like the backpacks, the messenger bags, or another style altogether?