PDA

View Full Version : Micky Dolenz at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

Wendy
05-20-2012, 10:26 AM
When you’re part of a family, you try to take care of things for one another. Forty-five years ago, four young performers changed from complete strangers to a literal band of brothers, named Micky, Davy, Mike and Peter. The Monkees were a lightning-in-a-bottle international entertainment phenomenon. And in Epcot’s World Showcase, where great nations of the world share culture, flavor and fun, it became a tradition for Davy Jones to perform during the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival’s Flower Power Concert Series.

After he learned of the untimely passing of the Manchester, England-born song and dance man, and how it rocked his legions of fans, Micky stepped up to continue the Epcot tradition. He has been performing live on the America Gardens Theatre stage this weekend with his last appearance tonigh, Sunday 20th May at 5.15, 6.30 and 7.45pm.

Micky is the first to agree that there is no way to replace his friend. “David was the brother I never had,” he says. “I only wish I didn’t have to appear in his place, but rather perform beside him — which I did as a surprise last year during a few of his concerts.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQc-7yOOXIk&hd=1

Tink
05-20-2012, 10:47 AM
We thought about going, but won't be able to make it. :sigh:

foreverducky
05-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Still can't hardly believe he's gone. :sorry:

But Dolenz is a great alternative.