PDA

View Full Version : What Souvenirs do you Bring back from Walt Disney World

Wendy
22-05-2012, 12:53 AM
I've been looking through some of the odds and ends I've collected over the years that I've bought back from holiday. I try to bring home something nice every year and I always buy the yearly fridge magnet :D

Does anyone else collect anything or bring back some souvenirs, if so what sort of things do you bring home from your holiday.

BUTTERHEAD1
22-05-2012, 06:15 AM
We almost always buy at least 2-3 Christmas ornament every trip. We must have at least 40-50 Disney ornaments.

Britchick
22-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Always fridge magnets....a hoodie or tshirt and a print, I'm collecting Larry Dotsons prints. Oh and WDW toiletries! :unsure:

Dawn
22-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Christmas ornaments, pins, tshirts, hats, the usual tourist tat. :D

Deafjeff
22-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Christmas ornaments, T-shirts, wouldn't mind to buy snow glide this year and will get Disney world fridge magnet too :yes:

Hopefully Duffy too!

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?5z3xj0

Kate
22-05-2012, 07:37 AM
A magnet, a hoodie for me, a t-shirt for dd with the year on, a photo frame and finally a glass ornament from the shop on main street

foreverducky
22-05-2012, 10:04 AM
I tend to buy three things:

1. kitchen item (whether disney food or cooking tool)
2. a picture frame
3. a mug/cup

I like to buy things I can use.

uscwest
22-05-2012, 01:45 PM
Passholder pins and/or special pins for the season (i.e. F&W, MVMCP, MNSSHP), t-shirts from any of the parties or F&W. Christmas Ornaments (we have an entire tree in our foyer dedicated to Disney).

Suebeattie
22-05-2012, 01:48 PM
Always bring back magnets but I'm sure our suitcase will be full to the brim this time with zac's first visit
:wiggle:

Slowhand
22-05-2012, 02:25 PM
We used to get an ornament from the Art of Disney store at DTD on each trip. They were quite nice and had a "hidden" surprise inside them and we must have around 10 of them by now.
Sadly the range has now been discontinued so we now only buy whatever takes our fancy at the time.

catrancher
22-05-2012, 03:26 PM
I'm always on the lookout for Disney polo shirts. I usually buy 4 or 5 each trip. Sadly, they don't seem to have as much variety in them as they used to. In the old days, it seemed that every resort, restaurant, or attraction had one specifically themed for them.

Not so much anymore. :sigh:

Tom (:macwave:... but I still try to hunt them down.)

Watchinherskip
22-05-2012, 05:53 PM
They used to sell oxford shirts (white, blue, French blue) that were really nice. I would get one each time. We also got a set of stonewear over the years. They shipped it to our home. That was nice. Last trip I got a really nice pen (engraved with Disney's sketches of Mickey), and tins of breath mints.

We have purchased Christmas ornaments too over the years.

Oh we got African salad fork and spoon, and carved wine bottle corks (had African animals on them) from our stay last time at AK.

robertcraig
22-05-2012, 06:09 PM
last year i bought a GOOFY mug fOR my coffee in my room and also christmas ornaments

Watchinherskip
22-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Just got to love Goofy! :yes:

KarleeInWonderland
01-06-2012, 07:39 PM
Last year, I came home with a Tower of Terror T-shirt, a orange and gray Mickey Mouse flat-billed hat, a Minnie Mouse pink sorceror hat, tons of pins, and a stuff Chesire Cat. :thumbsup:

Britchick
01-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Last year, I came home with a Tower of Terror T-shirt, a orange and gray Mickey Mouse flat-billed hat, a Minnie Mouse pink sorceror hat, tons of pins, and a stuff Chesire Cat. :thumbsup:

i love those cheshire cats, i've never got round to buying one though!

Johnie
02-06-2012, 06:32 PM
I buy Walt stuff. I also buy prints of pictures I like. I have a Disney themed kitchen/dining room and have some stuff in there.

Astrid
02-06-2012, 08:10 PM
When my BF and I first started dating in high school and he couldn't take me to Disney with him he would bring me back the little charms to add to a Disney charm bracelet he got me on one his trips. I've only gone once but I decided I would carry on the tradition and pick up a charm (which I did and will continue). I don't wear the bracelet very much now because I've lost a quite few of the charms from excessive wear.
I also like to buy anything that will sit on my desk or artwork. And pens, like really nice pens. I remember eyeing a few of those. :lol:

Southern Dad
03-06-2012, 12:13 AM
Every trip I get a new Disney coffee mug. Alway purchased the last day. They tend to reflect the spirit of that trip.

Several are at home but I always keep at least one or two at each of my offices. Being a true coffee drinker, I hold them often, causing me to remember that trip.

One of VP's, a real sports oriented guy asked if I wasn't a bit old for a Mickey mug. I guess he just doesn't get it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Isafari
03-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Steamboat Willie ornaments and plush. Also have a pin board next to my computer desk but the last few trips I've cut way back on spending.

Deafjeff
03-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Just wondering of anyone know if it is safe to bring back snow globe or are they quite fragile?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?4to44f

Johnie
03-06-2012, 08:07 AM
I would not trust that the snow globe would make the journey in checked luggage.

Deafjeff
03-06-2012, 08:11 AM
I would not trust that the snow globe would make the journey in checked luggage.

I'm gutted :sorry: I always wanted one

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ywp5uf

Britchick
03-06-2012, 08:21 AM
They are so well packaged that they're fine, I've brought one back no problems, I know many others that have too:yes:

Deafjeff
03-06-2012, 08:23 AM
They are so well packaged that they're fine, I've brought one back no problems, I know many others that have too:yes:

Thanks for that I guess I just let them know it need to be well packed for the flight home :unsure:

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?s1jzsj

Johnie
03-06-2012, 09:09 AM
That's good to know Julie.

Wendy
03-06-2012, 09:59 AM
I normally carry anything fragile in my hand luggage.

Johnie
03-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Snow globes can't be carried on. I assume that's for international as well

Deafjeff
03-06-2012, 10:18 AM

I gathered that sigh would just hope that it will survive the journey

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ze1lae

Wendy
03-06-2012, 10:34 AM

:doh: never thought about the snow globes :rolleyes: and the liquids rule.

I've only ever bought one home and I carried that in my hand luggage but that was back in 1993.

diane2012
05-07-2012, 07:10 PM
I always bring back t-shirts, mugs also. I also found a cute picture frame in 2007 when I went.

Beccaberry
07-07-2012, 09:15 AM
I tend to be practical - even in my souvenir shopping - buying things for my office, or my kitchen. I love the sticky notes, pads, pens, etc. that they have though I'm awful about buying them and not wanting to consume them because they are so cute ;-) I always buy a few Mickey Rice Krispy Treats, and when we were there at Christmas last year, we bought an ornament each day to decorate our little tree in the room...those have quickly become some of my favorite items ;-)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1vefyl

keith
07-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I tend to be practical - even in my souvenir shopping - buying things for my office, or my kitchen. I love the sticky notes, pads, pens, etc. that they have though I'm awful about buying them and not wanting to consume them because they are so cute ;-)

me too me too!

Mind you, I'm a stationery addict, I could live in staples :lol:

I love all the pens/pads etc. I've got all the disney mouse pads, laptop cases because hey, that's just being practical! ;-)

Johnie
07-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I used to be a stationary addict! But that was back when I used to write real letters to my penpals. I miss getting nice mail :-(

SleepinCatz
07-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Coffee and cups...Tea- not bagged...a pin from our resort and other pins that catch our eye lol....at least one hat for me..perfume and cologne....nothing really big and easy to pack lol. OH! and occasionally we make new friends to meet up with( yeah talking about you Johnnie lol)!