PDA

View Full Version : Theme parks on bank holidays

Kate
30-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Does anyone brave the theme parks on a bank holiday or do you stay clear?

We are thinking about going to legoland on one of the days, the logical part of me says no dont do it, but the other part of me thinks that everyone else might have other plans for the jubilee! Dont know what to do!!

Wendy
30-05-2012, 10:06 AM
We tend to stay at home or as close as possible, the roads down here get very congested with holiday makers so it makes going out very difficult.

I would think Legoland will be very busy, but if you got there early, you could leave earlier and possibly beat the rush :unsure:

Johnie
30-05-2012, 10:32 AM
If the Lego store at DTD is any indication then Legoland is always going to be busy!!

What exactly are bank holidays?

Wendy
30-05-2012, 10:53 AM
What exactly are bank holidays?

It's our equivilent of a public holiday, but we refer to them as Bank Holidays. It gets it's name because in the 18th Century all the banks were closed and no trading took place at all. Banks still close but lots of shops etc are open.

Johnie
30-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Oh like our holidays Memorial Day, Presidents Day, etc?

Wendy
30-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Oh like our holidays Memorial Day, Presidents Day, etc?

:yes: just like that.

Johnie
30-05-2012, 12:04 PM
Thanks Wendy

Kate
30-05-2012, 07:17 PM
It's our equivilent of a public holiday, but we refer to them as Bank Holidays. It gets it's name because in the 18th Century all the banks were closed and no trading took place at all. Banks still close but lots of shops etc are open.

Well there you go, i never knew that!
we will probably chicken out of going at the last minute!

Britchick
30-05-2012, 07:20 PM
are you completely and utterly mad Kate? LOL

Kate
30-05-2012, 07:23 PM
Yes!! :lol:
Kind of feel im in it with the rest of them now though - gone are the days we could enjoy a quiet day out while other kids were at school cus now my kid is at school!

Britchick
30-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes!! :lol:
Kind of feel im in it with the rest of them now though - gone are the days we could enjoy a quiet day out while other kids were at school cus now my kid is at school!

maybe if you go the Monday when the concert is on the TV it might not be too bad?:unsure:

Sam
30-05-2012, 09:29 PM
My friend went to Alton Towers on a bank holiday expecting it to be busy. It turned out that there wasn't that many people and according to a member is staff they said that was normal. It seems people stay away because they think everyone else will be going.

With the jubilee going on I would lots of people will be doing other things like street parties (like us), watching the celebrations, etc. There's a lot going on over the bank holidays so I would imagine Legoland won't be as busy as it could be. Don't forget the Olympic torch is still on it's travels.

Kate
31-05-2012, 10:13 AM
Thats kind of my thinking Sam! I think we will take the risk - maybe?! :unsure: