PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Home Keith

Wendy
03-06-2012, 11:59 AM
Welcome home :hug2: you chose to come home just as the weather is changing, you should have stayed a little longer :D

Right then, you've been home long enough now :D we're ready for your trip report and photos :wink: :hug2:

keith
03-06-2012, 12:10 PM
arghrhgrhgrhgrhg :lol: you had a continuous live trip report as I was there!

So, what's been happening over here in the UK then? other than rain

Tink
03-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Seems funny that you are no longer here. I know that's an odd thing to say, but I always feel "left behind" when people go home.

Good that you had a safe journey back. I know your weather wasn't so great when you were here, but it was sort of ok, yes?

Now then, yes you did update us a bit as you went but that's it? No photos of Keith kissing Mickey or Helen hugging Tigger?

catrancher
03-06-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey Keith's home! Glad you made it safely.

Now, where's that Secrets photo (shhhh...) that you owe us? :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... :toetap:)

uscwest
03-06-2012, 02:27 PM
Welcome home Keith. And about that Secrets picture....

Britchick
03-06-2012, 02:28 PM
Uh oh! Quick tidy up!!!! Photos of Keith?pmsl he's the invisible man! ;)

keith
03-06-2012, 03:38 PM
Uh oh! Quick tidy up!!!! Photos of Keith?pmsl he's the invisible man! ;)

;-)

I stay at the other side of the camera for VERY good reasons :lol:

I did have a great time thanks!

The weather was far more variable than the time we normally go (end apr->mid may). I don't know if that was just this year or if that's generally true.

We arrived in the rain and indeed the day we went home, we got utterly soaked doing things like going to and from the car.

In between, it wasn't that bad. Mostly we had sun and heat, when it DID rain, we did the planned in door activities, cinema etc.

Staying at the villa was just wonderful. Loved it and having the car of course was essential.

Being off site has meant we do even less Disney than we used to though and next time we go, I'd like to perhaps do a little more there for what would now be a change!

I think the only Disney restaurants we ended up going to were california grill and scifi diner.

So now back to planning for early December!

Deafjeff
03-06-2012, 03:42 PM
;-)

I stay at the other side of the camera for VERY good reasons :lol:

I did have a great time thanks!

The weather was far more variable than the time we normally go (end apr->mid may). I don't know if that was just this year or if that's generally true.

We arrived in the rain and indeed the day we went home, we got utterly soaked doing things like going to and from the car.

In between, it wasn't that bad. Mostly we had sun and heat, when it DID rain, we did the planned in door activities, cinema etc.

Staying at the villa was just wonderful. Loved it and having the car of course was essential.

Being off site has meant we do even less Disney than we used to though and next time we go, I'd like to perhaps do a little more there for what would now be a change!

I think the only Disney restaurants we ended up going to were california grill and scifi diner.

So now back to planning for early December!

Fab! We are considering 'planning' for the star wars weekend next year. What was the weekend like?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?yeo5d2

Beccaberry
03-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh darn, seems I've JUST missed arriving in time to stalk you yet again... ;-)

Glad you made it home safely!

Tink
03-06-2012, 03:48 PM
May/June weather is highly variable. It can be full of humidity and storms (like this one is proving to be) or much kinder to the visitor. Some years it's not so high in humidity, although it's definitely making a presence. And the rains hold off until the end of June, beginning of July.

Keith, how was Sci-Fi's food? We've always wanted to try there but have never taken the opportunity. We once, years and years ago (back when the FWF was a true festival) tried some of their ribs at the FWF and they were SO GOOD!

keith
03-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Fab! We are considering 'planning' for the star wars weekend next year. What was the weekend like?

I didn't do as much as I'd have liked to but it's a fun weekend for sure :)

I love my little r2d2 mug :lol: and had to stop myself buying a lot more merchandise.

keith
03-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Oh darn, seems I've JUST missed arriving in time to stalk you yet again... ;-)

Glad you made it home safely!

I noticed you were arriving just after I left.. cunning! I guess this is to avoid meeting me yet again :( ah well

:taunt:

Slowhand
03-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Welcome back Keith. :wave:

Now to start planning your next trip eh?
I`ve said it before, but you and Helen MUST make it down to the Keys some day. :yes:

keith
03-06-2012, 04:07 PM
Keith, how was Sci-Fi's food? We've always wanted to try there but have never taken the opportunity. We once, years and years ago (back when the FWF was a true festival) tried some of their ribs at the FWF and they were SO GOOD!

*hmmmmm*

scifi is a tradition of ours. In the years before the dining plan, we were wandering round the park and came across it. Of course, everything was walk in and we wandered through into this other world! Old style drive in with scifi movies on the big screen. All the servers played along and screamed etc. Wonderful!

The food in my opinion has never been note worthy.

We normally get a burger and fries, and perhaps a turkey sandwich. Both are adequate and edible but nothing exciting and not REALLY worth the money if it weren't for the environment.

So, we still book it and have a lunch there but it's not for the food Im afraid

keith
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Welcome back Keith. :wave:

Now to start planning your next trip eh?

thanks! :) yep... May is more for DW and sunbathing, December is much more my time

[/quote]
I`ve said it before, but you and Helen MUST make it down to the Keys some day. :yes:[/QUOTE]

I really must. I mean I've no idea what's AT the Keys but Ive heard great things.

Tink
03-06-2012, 05:20 PM
What's at the Keys? An absolute other world. :yes: You'll have a grand time!

Thanks for the info on Sci-Fi... not sure whether we'll give it a go or not.

Britchick
03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Keith will be stalking me on his next trip ;)

keith
03-06-2012, 06:04 PM

yay :taunt: it's a wonderful time of the year to be there really really is

Wendy
03-06-2012, 09:04 PM

Keith will be hiding from you on his next trip :lol: :lol:

Britchick
03-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Keith will be hiding from you on his next trip :lol: :lol:

I'm sure LOL

Beccaberry
03-06-2012, 10:35 PM
I noticed you were arriving just after I left.. cunning! I guess this is to avoid meeting me yet again :( ah well

I know, I know...when will I braven up?!? ;-)

keith
03-06-2012, 10:40 PM
I know, I know...when will I braven up?!? ;-)

I shall live in hope :D

Isafari
04-06-2012, 09:17 AM
welcome home :hug2:
You did take the Secrets shhhhhhh photo didn't you :unsure:

Wendy
04-06-2012, 10:49 AM
Everyone knows that our Keith will never do the Secrets Shhhh photo or any other photo :lol: :lol:

Britchick
04-06-2012, 11:29 AM
he could always do it with a mask on or hat over his face :tongue:

Wendy
04-06-2012, 11:38 AM
he could always do it with a mask on or hat over his face :tongue:

:lol: :lol: still can't see it happening :lol: :lol:

Slowhand
04-06-2012, 01:43 PM
I shall live in hope :D
I can think of worse places to live. :lol:

catrancher
04-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I`ve said it before, but you and Helen MUST make it down to the Keys some day. :yes:

What's at the Keys? An absolute other world. :yes: You'll have a grand time!.

+1 on all that. Just strolling along Duval Street, and then taking in the sunset from Mallory Square. Wonderful! :yes:

Welcome to the Conch Republic! :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... They seceded where others failed!)

Slowhand
04-06-2012, 02:01 PM
+1 on all that. Just strolling along Duval Street, and then taking in the sunset from Mallory Square. Wonderful! :yes:

...not to mention the wonderful drive across the 7 mile bridge. :yes:

Esmeralda
04-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Whassat?... oh oh... Keef's back?! Oh sh*t Keef's back.... Takes feet off his desk and shoves all his sweets back into the drawer in his desk.... sprays air freshener around the office and tops up the booze wiv water... he'll never know.

catrancher
04-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Whassat?... oh oh... Keef's back?! Oh sh*t Keef's back.... Takes feet off his desk and shoves all his sweets back into the drawer in his desk.... sprays air freshener around the office and tops up the booze wiv water... he'll never know.

Pssst... did you put his credit card back in the drawer? :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... I won't tell...)

Esmeralda
04-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Aw can't I keep it please?..........

keith
04-06-2012, 05:46 PM