PDA

View Full Version : A lovely evening at the Beach Club...

Beccaberry
09-06-2012, 11:34 AM
We rode the boat over from MGM
11676.vB

Met some new friends...
11677.vB

And had yummy ice cream!
11678.vB

I love this resort....

Wendy
09-06-2012, 11:57 AM
What is in the glass in the last photo it looks yummy :D

Beccaberry
09-06-2012, 12:01 PM
It's called the "No Way Jose" and it WAS!
11679.vB

catrancher
09-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Oh... did people stare and laugh at you! :unsure:

That's what happened to my DW one time when we were staying at POR. She ordered this sundae and we sat and ate it there in the little area between the bar and the gift shop. People passing by in the hall would stop, stare, and then point and laugh. My poor DW was so self-conscious about it that she thought she was going to die.

She didn't from the embarrassment but the sundae almost killed her. :ROFL:

Tom (:macwave:... hasn't done that since. I wonder why?)

Beccaberry
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Hahaha!! Are you kidding?? This is actually one of the SMALLER sundaes at B&C ;-) they were so busy staring at the three tables having the "kitchen sink" that they didn't even notice our "little" sundae ;-)

Wendy
09-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I have never been there :unsure:

Beccaberry
09-06-2012, 12:37 PM
It's a fun place. Especially last night ;-) we sat at the bar and spent quite a bit of time chatting with our friend, Scott, up there. He's from Louisiana and has only been here for two weeks! As Johnie put it, he still had the new Disney shine on him ;-)

Food was tasty (we split a burger so we could save room for dessert, which we also split and STILL couldn't finish!) and the atmosphere was really fun!

foreverducky
09-06-2012, 01:39 PM
Ice cream! Yummy! Looks delish!

Watchinherskip
11-06-2012, 01:45 PM
Chattin up the CMs....that is our Becca..

Ok I know I will deserve the ridicule (feel like Sister Tink here) but I don't get it! Never have been one for ice cream...BUT...crazy for a certain pineapple treat in MK that will go unmentioned:whistle:

Beccaberry
11-06-2012, 02:58 PM
We enjoyed a lovely "treat that shall not be mentioned" last night...

Beccaberry
11-06-2012, 02:59 PM
Chattin up the CMs....that is our Becca..

Ok I know I will deserve the ridicule (feel like Sister Tink here) but I don't get it! Never have been one for ice cream...BUT...crazy for a certain pineapple treat in MK that will go unmentioned:whistle:

Hahaha I'd chat up a wall if it stood still long enough....

And tbh, ice cream is usually not my thing...but there is something about Beaches & Cream :)

Johnie
11-06-2012, 04:06 PM
That sundae is mammoth and still nothing in comparison to the kitchen sink

Watchinherskip
11-06-2012, 04:21 PM
We enjoyed a lovely "treat that shall not be mentioned" last night...

I am soooo jeleous!!! Jonesing for one now!

Wendy
11-06-2012, 04:25 PM
I am soooo jeleous!!! Jonesing for one now!

:lol: I tried to make one at home, I made some pineapple ice cream and then put a scoop into a large glass of pineapple juice - it just wasn't the same :( :sigh:

Watchinherskip
11-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Yeah, nothing like looking at the SFR treehouse while enjoying the treat!

Wendy
11-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Yeah, nothing like looking at the SFR treehouse while enjoying the treat!

:D :yes: I do miss the little seating area they had that was under cover with the fans :sigh:

josh.p.
18-06-2012, 01:57 PM
:worship: I have never visited Beaches & Cream! I kept meaning to when I was on my CP. We did, however frequent the ice cream parlour on Main Street a few times. We got a waffle bowl and because my friend worked at the Plaza next door, they gave us a few 'bonus' scoops... everyone that we walked past pointed and asked us where we got it :rotfl:

Johnie
18-06-2012, 02:28 PM
:lol: I tried to make one at home, I made some pineapple ice cream and then put a scoop into a large glass of pineapple juice - it just wasn't the same :( :sigh:

I don't really think it's pineapple ice cream. It's more of a sorbet. See if you can find that and maybe that will be closer to the real thing :yes:

Beccaberry
18-06-2012, 07:31 PM
:worship: I have never visited Beaches & Cream! I kept meaning to when I was on my CP. We did, however frequent the ice cream parlour on Main Street a few times. We got a waffle bowl and because my friend worked at the Plaza next door, they gave us a few 'bonus' scoops... everyone that we walked past pointed and asked us where we got it :rotfl:

The young man in the photo up there reminded me a great deal of what I think you must be like, Josh! You really must visit someday, it's a very lovely place!

josh.p.
18-06-2012, 08:10 PM
The young man in the photo up there reminded me a great deal of what I think you must be like, Josh! You really must visit someday, it's a very lovely place!
As long as you don't imagine me in that same shirt, I'll let you off :wink: I did try to visit but it was closed for one reason or another.

Deafjeff
19-06-2012, 06:08 AM
Ooohhhh must give that a go! Is it easy to get there?

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wzvt4r

Britchick
19-06-2012, 06:51 AM

---

If you're relying on Disney transportation I would go one day when you're at Epcot as you can walk, it's a lovely walk too.

I'll not forgive them for getting rid of lime rickeys :nono:

Deafjeff
19-06-2012, 08:53 AM
If you're relying on Disney transportation I would go one day when you're at Epcot as you can walk, it's a lovely walk too.

I'll not forgive them for getting rid of lime rickeys :nono:

Ooohh will give it a go is it like a ice cream parlour? :unsure:

josh.p.
19-06-2012, 09:15 AM

---
You can either get a boat from outside Hollywood Studios, or do what I prefer and walk from EPCOT :) I'd quite often take the boat from work to meet my friends and go for a quick bite to eat at the Boardwalk :) I really enjoyed the bar food at the ESPN bar that is there.

uscwest
19-06-2012, 10:50 AM
Ooohh will give it a go is it like a ice cream parlour? :unsure:

It is basically an ice cream parlor Jeff, but they also serve great sandwiches. They have a sit down area and a take out area. I think the take out only does the ice cream.

Beccaberry
19-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Jeff,

Their burgers are DELICIOUS!! It's such a lovely atmosphere, too. After dinner, we sat outside by the pool and just chatted for hours!

Johnie
19-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Yes the burgers are fantastic! I wish I was having one for supper tonight.

Tink
20-06-2012, 08:09 AM

---

You can also take a ferry from EPCOT.

The trick is getting to Beaches and Cream once you are at the Beach Club resort. You cannot walk through the pool area. It's fenced in and you must have a room key for access. So, you need to actually enter the BC resort, walk along the corridor that leads to and goes around Cape May. Once you've come to Martha's Vineyard (a bar lounge) you need to exit the BC and follow the walkway to Beaches and Cream. The pool area will be on your left and the BC building on your right.

If you don't know about entering and exiting you can wander for days (well, ok hours) without finding Beaches and Cream.

There are some tables outdoors, but that's for the ice cream take away. If you want to order from the menu, you need to be seated at one of the (few) small tables, or booths or at the counter.

It's fun, but usually quite busy so if you plan to go off peak times your wait to get in should be shorter.