PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Thread .....................for a change

Wendy
09-06-2012, 12:29 PM
So last week went in a flash, it was the Jubilee celebrations and a very long weekend for most people.

Did you do anything special for the Jubilee, street party, go to London for the celebrations, anything at all.

How many of you would enjoy having a 3 day week every week :D Chris said he could get used to it :lol:

What's happening with you all this weekend or is the weather still really bad where you are. We have been lucky it actually stopped raining this morning although it is supposed to be back later on this afternoon.

We are going into town shopping for a little while this afternoon and then tonight we might go round to see some friends, it depends on how bad the weather is :lol:

Tomorrow, we will have to see what the weather is like before making any plans, although if it is nice we will probably go to Torquay for some lunch and a stroll.

Deafjeff
09-06-2012, 12:34 PM
Fab thread....

It was Stephen's birthday yesterday so we are going to red hot world buffet friends tonight in Cardiff.

We just been to our travel agent to see how much it would cost us to go over to WDW again May next year and the quote we got was 2540 all inclusive and Charter Travels quoted us 2450 all inclusive mmmhhh

Sun is out to play today :wiggle:

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?wdvqwa

daveann
09-06-2012, 01:19 PM
where did that week go :unsure:
we dont have any plans Dave's son is here and they have just been for a walk with lucy (im still laid up with a sore arm from last weeks fall :( )
there eating chilli king prawns in the kitchen which i dont like so got a meal for 1 in :taunt:
tomorrow were going to my in laws for lunch as Dave's son has to be home by 4 and the holiday traffic on a sunday at that time is just awful here so sneaking out in the morning before its busy :)
then monday will have crept back around :(

next year we are deffinately going back to disney saying that i havent got on the plane to new york yet so i best just shut my mouth on that for now :)

Kate
09-06-2012, 06:49 PM
The week has gone far to fast for my liking!
Weve had tummy bugs galore in this house so havent done that much - although we did get a trip to legoland in!

Wendy
09-06-2012, 07:15 PM
The week has gone far to fast for my liking!
Weve had tummy bugs galore in this house so havent done that much - although we did get a trip to legoland in!

Glad you managed to get to Legoland Kate, so sorry you have all been so poorly :hug2:

Britchick
09-06-2012, 08:04 PM
I've had the week off -spent watching Jubilee celebrations and revising. Wednesday is my exam, the end is in sight, just want it over with now. Had a lovely reprieve today as you may have seen from another thread- went to the Theatre to watch south pacific at the theatre, ribs and jack daniels sauce for lunch mmmm. More revision tomorrow then work on Monday boo.

josh.p.
09-06-2012, 09:43 PM
I feel as though I've spent the week on the phone to Three mobile after my sister's account has some sort of block on it. No problem getting signal on it with my sim card in it, and her sim card has no signal in my phone. We're on the third (?) sim card now from three and still getting the same problem.

We have spoken to their technical department so many times and they are just going through a turn on/turn off scenario and asking us to swap the sim again.

To me there is clearly no problem with the sim, there is no problem with the area as friends on Three are getting signal, and there is no problem with the phone as verified by the Apple Store. Apparently it is 5-7 days before a senior member of staff can get back in touch, another member of staff told me I'd get a call back yesterday after we told them we were definitely not paying the bill.

Of course now this hasn't happened! 9 days of calling non stop and still no signal what so ever. They think everything has been provisioned to her account and can't see what the problem is however it's going to take 5-7 days to be decided whether we will get out of the contract for free which of course is absolute nonsense as you can bet your bottom dollar that if we didn't pay up for 9 days we'd have the service cut off so they're not covering their side of the contract.

All of this on top of a 3.5% rise in the contract cost!! Ridiculous and I'm not settling for anything less than cancellation without charge.

uscwest
09-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Yesterday was youngest DS and DDIL's 10th Anniversary. They are out of town so we have Nathanael and Jacob. We went on a picnic today and then to National Airport to watch planes and then to Dairy Queen for some ice cream. Jacob was more interested in Grandma's than his own. LOL

Britchick
09-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Yesterday was youngest DS and DDIL's 10th Anniversary. They are out of town so we have Nathanael and Jacob. We went on a picnic today and then to National Airport to watch planes and then to Dairy Queen for some ice cream. Jacob was more interested in Grandma's than his own. LOL

How old are they now John?

uscwest
09-06-2012, 10:38 PM
Nathanael is 6 Jacob 1 1/2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tink
10-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Had to work today. Long day...long week. :sigh:

Came home to a delicious dinner though. Herself made Bunratty Castle Ribs, Roasted corn, salt potatoes and Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Frosting.

Yep, now I've got all I can do to stay awake...

Beccaberry
10-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Guinness cupcakes? Bailey's frosting?? Oh my goodness.

Tink
10-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Seriously. Filled with chocolate ganache!

Britchick
10-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Nathanael is 6 Jacob 1 1/2

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

A handful then but full of joy!

Wendy
10-06-2012, 10:24 AM
Dinners sounds delicious :D :hug2:

Bunratty Castle Ribs ................. can I have the receipe please :D

Beccaberry
10-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Seriously. Filled with chocolate ganache!

Oh. My.

John, I can't believe the boys have gotten so grown! I bet you guys will be exhausted after your weekend! Happy anniversary to Jeremy and his bride ;-)

uscwest
10-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Tink, that sounds like a wonderful meal. What are Bunratty Castle Ribs?

Tink
10-06-2012, 09:09 PM
Pork ribs that we had when visiting Bunratty Castle in Ireland. OMGOSH they are good.

Wendy, I'll see if I can find a link to the recipe. Otherwise, you can pry it out of Herself when you are here. :D

Tink
10-06-2012, 09:13 PM
INGREDIENTS

5 pounds pork spareribs
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, peeled and sliced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 cup honey
1 cup Irish whiskey
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons tomato ketchup
Juice of 1 lemon
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup demi-glace or concentrated chicken broth
DIRECTIONS

Transfer ribs to a large baking pan. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
To make the sauce: In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in all the remaining ingredients except the demi-glac or concentrated chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce reduces by half, 10 to 15 minutes.
Stir in the demi-glace. Pour half the sauce over the ribs and bake, turning once, until the ribs begin to brown, 30-40 minutes. Slice the meat into 4 or more ribs per person and serve with remaining sauce.

The one thing the original recipe calls for is to parboil the ribs, but we NEVER would do that. We don't use the oven, either rather the charcoal grill and the gas grill...