PDA

View Full Version : do disneyworld resorts now have wifi?

disneymom
16-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Sorry to ask such a geeky question :worship: but Im now officially confused.

After reading through everything that said disney resorts only had plugged in broadband, I'm now reading that wifi is available in some of them then elsewhere it says wifi is only available in disney resort checkin places and common areas.

So whats right? my macbook doesnt even have a plug in broadband so I really need wifi

catrancher
16-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Sorry to ask such a geeky question :worship: but Im now officially confused.

After reading through everything that said disney resorts only had plugged in broadband, I'm now reading that wifi is available in some of them then elsewhere it says wifi is only available in disney resort checkin places and common areas.

So whats right? my macbook doesnt even have a plug in broadband so I really need wifi

Supposedly, all Disney Resort hotels now have complimentary in room wifi. Although I haven't actually been there to use it yet.

However, as long as the room has wired internet, you can always take your own. :yes:
Just get one of these (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC414LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDEyMQ), plug the rooms network cable into it, and voila, instant personal wifi.

Tom (:macwave:... simple and efficient...)

Johnie
16-06-2012, 03:58 PM
I was at Pop last weekend and there was wifi in the room. I had a difficult time using my phone though. But I think that has more to do with my grandfathered in unlimited data plan.

Wendy
16-06-2012, 06:18 PM
:yes: all resorts now have wifi as well as cable. The wifi is free but I think they still charge for the cable.

Hopefully the next step will be free wifi in the parks :fingers:

montymouse
16-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Hi, we stayed at All Star Sports at Easter and the free wifi was great. Worked in the room, corridors, swimming pool area and food court.

No problems using ipad and ipods for access

x:thumbsup:

uscwest
16-06-2012, 07:24 PM
However, beware that they are going to be removing the wired option at some point supposedly.