PDA

View Full Version : iPad question

uscwest
16-06-2012, 11:35 PM
On my latest flight a fellow across the aisle and a row ahead appeared to have an iPad. When they told us we had to power them off he appeared to touch a button on his screen and powered his machine off. Was I just seeing things or is this available for down load some where?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Britchick
17-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Is he switching it to airplane mode? I do tend to switch the whole thing off for take off and landing though, don't know if it's needed

keith
17-06-2012, 11:09 AM
The only thing I could immediately think of would be the "assistive touch" feature where you can setup your own gesture to do a variety of things. You could probably setup a touch/gesture to turn it off instead of using the button.

catrancher
17-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Or had he held down the home and standby buttons together and what John saw was the slider that actually finishes the power off? :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... just thinkin')

uscwest
17-06-2012, 12:17 PM
No he wasn't putting it in Airplane mode because they asked us to power them completely off. And he didn't appear to be pushing any buttons other than something on his screen. Maybe it wasn't really an iPad but just looked like one.