PDA

View Full Version : Dreary Monday...

Tink
06-25-2012, 09:29 AM
How is your weather? It's been raining non-stop here since yesterday, thanks to Tropical Storm Debby. Tornadoes in areas surrounding us, but none "right here."

I cannot tell you how much I do not want to go to work today. :sigh: :sorry: I just want to stay curled up in bed and ignore the weather.

Tink
06-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Ooops, meant to add:

Those who are at WDW are getting a terrible Florida weather experience. It's that sort of continuous downpour that lightens a bit, but never stops, then there are very heavy periods.

Slowhand, there were some tornadoes in Davenport, Haines City and other surrounds. You may want to check with your people who watch over your house to be sure all is well. I'm sure they would have phoned you if there were something amiss, but it can't hurt to check.

foreverducky
06-25-2012, 10:23 AM
I kinda gloomy here. The weather really hasn't been consistent at all. It rains one morning, sunny in the afternoon, colder this day, then warmer another day. One day, there doesn't seem to be much humidity, then the next I can hardly breath through the thick air. I wish it would make up it's mind.

Watchinherskip
06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Hey Tink, be careful out there. Looks like tons of rain heading your way. Keep that car out of the water. Weather is sort of nice here at the start of the day but looks like a cold front will be heading this way by the afternoon and we are expecting storms.

DisneyFreak
06-25-2012, 01:47 PM
How is your weather? It's been raining non-stop here since yesterday, thanks to Tropical Storm Debby. Tornadoes in areas surrounding us, but none "right here."

I cannot tell you how much I do not want to go to work today. :sigh: :sorry: I just want to stay curled up in bed and ignore the weather.

Same here Tink. We got most of our rain on Saturday and yesterday morning/early afternoon. We started getting hit with more bands of Debby last night and now again this morning. I can't believe how slow she's moving.

Slowhand
06-25-2012, 02:35 PM
Slowhand, there were some tornadoes in Davenport, Haines City and other surrounds. You may want to check with your people who watch over your house to be sure all is well. I'm sure they would have phoned you if there were something amiss, but it can't hurt to check.

Thanks for that Tink, I`ll send an email to our managers for peace of mind [now I can`t get the Wizard of Oz out of my head :lol:]......hope the weather improves for when we get there in a couple of days time [if we have somewhere to stay that is! :lol:]

Oddly enough, we are basking in sunshine here at the moment, but it`s anyone`s guess how long it will last! :unsure:

josh.p.
06-25-2012, 03:34 PM
It is ridiculously sunny here today! BBQ weather!

Johnie
06-25-2012, 03:38 PM
Hey Tink, be careful out there. Looks like tons of rain heading your way. Keep that car out of the water. Weather is sort of nice here at the start of the day but looks like a cold front will be heading this way by the afternoon and we are expecting storms.

:tongue: People from other places always wonder why I carry an umbrella in the summer. It's Virginia and there is always a storm expected :yes:

Watchinherskip
06-25-2012, 03:49 PM
:tongue: People from other places always wonder why I carry an umbrella in the summer. It's Virginia and there is always a storm expected :yes:

True enough neighbor!! Course, in the dome, I never see what is going on in the real world. Sometimes I can hear it on the roof though. Then I know I am glad to be in the dome and not walking about.

DisneyFreak
06-25-2012, 04:21 PM
Oddly enough, we are basking in sunshine here at the moment, but it`s anyone`s guess how long it will last! :unsure:

Unfortunately Slowhand, it looks like it's going to last through next weekend after the latest update.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/storm_graphics/AT04/refresh/AL0412W5_NL+gif/152914W5_NL_sm.gif

Britchick
06-25-2012, 05:21 PM
ugh i have been in a bad mood all day! i don't know why :unsure: i think the stress of the last couple of months has finally hit home. Could do with some good weather to cheer me up! Especially with a weekend of celebrations for Daniel's 18th coming up!

Johnie
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
True enough neighbor!! Course, in the dome, I never see what is going on in the real world. Sometimes I can hear it on the roof though. Then I know I am glad to be in the dome and not walking about.

When I'm in the office, I have NO idea what is going on outside! My office is an interior one so no windows. Maybe that's a good thing. I don't know.

Watchinherskip
06-25-2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I have had a variety of classrooms over the career, both with windows (non air conditioned schools:sorry:) and interior laboratory/classroom that was air conditioned...think I would take the latter.

DW, DD and I are going to the Homearama (Parade of new homes) in Chesapeake tonight. Hopefully the weather will hold out.

Dawn
06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Friends of mine flew out to MCO today. Hope they checked the weather forecast before they left. :mental:

Johnie
06-25-2012, 07:26 PM
So a half hour or so ago I decided I needed a restroom break and I pass by the exterior window only to see the sky PITCH BLACK. I have spent the last hour in the most interior of hallways in this building waiting for a tornado. Praying A LOT mind you. Now it seems to be ok here but I swear I may very well be having a panic attack.

Mari
06-25-2012, 07:50 PM
it sounds like the perfect day to stay home

Stay safe Tink!

Mari
06-25-2012, 07:52 PM
wow Johnie

You too stay safe

Johnie
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Be careful Dan! It's headed towards Hampton Roads

wdwgrandma
06-25-2012, 09:20 PM
Sunny and high 80's working toward high 90's by this weekend here in northern Virginia.

Watchinherskip
06-26-2012, 02:08 AM
So a half hour or so ago I decided I needed a restroom break and I pass by the exterior window only to see the sky PITCH BLACK. I have spent the last hour in the most interior of hallways in this building waiting for a tornado. Praying A LOT mind you. Now it seems to be ok here but I swear I may very well be having a panic attack.
I know what you mean...storm came up out of nowhere! Sky went midnight black and winds were off the hook. We had a few branches come down but are fine. Even made it to the Homerama! Glad you are ok. Lots of destruction in your area.

Johnie
06-26-2012, 02:33 AM
I live south of Richmond so luckily the storm didn't go anywhere near my house and we have power. Lots of people are without power. It was pretty scary. Glad to hear you are ok too!

Tink
06-26-2012, 09:23 AM
Rain continues. Slowhand, prepare to be wet if this storm doesn't start to move off.

We are now experiencing the bands. That means that there are breaks in the rain, then the next band comes through with clouds, and more rain. And WIND. I was on the St. John's River Bridge (a very low bridge by all accounts) coming home last night and actually had to slow down by 20 miles per hour and put some muscle into the driving. Fought the wind all the way across the bridge and for about another ten miles. Not exactly fun. :nono:

Standing water, and our pool needs to be taken down yet again.

Anyone in FL, or coming to FL in the next week or so should remember with heavy rain and surface flooding the "wildlife" starts to move. Expect to see snakes, and 'gators and other wildlife in areas that you don't normally see them.

In 2009 when we had heavy rain a little boy was bitten by a water moccasin at WDW. He survived, but boy did he have a rough go of it.

So, all that to say, hoping Debby picks up a bit of speed and veers off to the ocean. She's changed direction already and is no longer headed toward Louisiana...

Wendy
06-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Oh Tink, that sounds scary :hug2: I wish you didn't have to drive so far to work :sigh: :hug2:

We went this time of the year once and said we'd never go again because it was so wet and stormy, it was a few years back now, 1999 I think :unsure: I've never seen rain like it, the car was parked in the hotel car park and the water was up to the bottom of the doors, luckily it never leaked.

Slowhand
06-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Rain continues. Slowhand, prepare to be wet if this storm doesn't start to move off.
Thanks for the update Tink. Our management company has reported that at least our villa escaped the tornado!

Anyone in FL, or coming to FL in the next week or so should remember with heavy rain and surface flooding the "wildlife" starts to move. Expect to see snakes, and 'gators and other wildlife in areas that you don't normally see them.
Oooh great...I`ll be able to do some nature watching from our pool. :thumbsup:

Must remember to pack a sturdy umbrella!!!!

Watchinherskip
06-26-2012, 03:38 PM
I live south of Richmond so luckily the storm didn't go anywhere near my house and we have power. Lots of people are without power. It was pretty scary. Glad to hear you are ok too!

Thanks Johnie. Wasn't that the freakiest storm you have ever seen? It came up out of nowhere. A few houses got smashed around here as trees fell on them. As far as I can tell, no real injuries! Thank goodness.

Tinkfan
06-27-2012, 02:47 AM
:hug2:Glad everyone appears to be safe, be careful please, it doesn't seem to want to let up!