PDA

View Full Version : A Castle Fit for a…Mermaid in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park

Wendy
11-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is adding two Disney castles to the new Fantasyland, Beast’s Castle, which houses Be Our Guest Restaurant, and the one pictured below, Prince Eric’s Castle, which tops off the Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid attraction.

11963.vB

Just like Beast’s Castle, Prince Eric’s Castle uses the forced perspective technique for which WDI is famous to make the structure appear much larger in size than it is in reality.

Forced perspective, which has been used since Walt Disney oversaw the construction of Disneyland park in the 1950s, is sort of an optical illusion that uses architectural scale to “trick” the eye into believing a building towers above you, when it’s really not as tall as you’d think.

Which of these new castles do you prefer – Beast’s Castle or Prince Eric’s?

11964.vB

Kate
11-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Well i thought i would much prefer the beasts, but now im not sure - prince erics really does look like it does in the film!

keith
11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Well has to be prince erics but then I've always had a thing for mermaids ;-)

Wendy
11-07-2012, 01:12 PM

:rolleyes: :lol:

Britchick
11-07-2012, 04:36 PM

i think i'll change my reservation to a female pirate at pirates league in december - in case i bump into you :tongue:

keith
11-07-2012, 08:00 PM
i think i'll change my reservation to a female pirate at pirates league in december - in case i bump into you :tongue:

:taunt::wave: