PDA

View Full Version : Rest in Peace Isaac Hayes

Tink
11-08-2008, 11:31 PM
I was very saddened to learn that this man, the first African American to win an Oscar for best original song, has died. :(

He was only 65. :(

Shaft. Remember?

An incredibly handsome man who changed the face of music, and made the AA actor a different, tougher presence on the screen.

ukwdwnut
12-08-2008, 12:21 AM
i loved his music at the height of his fame

RIP

Beccaberry
12-08-2008, 12:27 AM
He will be missed.

uscwest
12-08-2008, 01:33 AM
RIP Isaac. :rose2:

Johnie
12-08-2008, 01:55 AM
I know. It's sad isn't it? RIP Isaac.

Bernie Mac too. He was only 50.

Then I hear that Paul Newman is at death's door and wants to go home and die with his family. I love Paul Newman :(

Shellyamc
12-08-2008, 02:16 AM
I just found this in an article about him..

...Hayes also acted in movies including ''Tough Guys,'' ''I'm Gonna Get You Sucka'' and ''Hustle & Flow.'' He had recently completed the movie ''Soul Men,'' in which he played himself; the film also starred Samuel Jackson and Bernie Mac, who died on Saturday after a bout with pneumonia. And a new generation of fans discovered the man behind ''Shaft'' when, in 1997, he became the voice of Chef on the Comedy Central show ''South Park.''

I wonder what Samuel Jackson must me thinking right now :sigh;

RIP..

Beccaberry
12-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Then I hear that Paul Newman is at death's door and wants to go home and die with his family. I love Paul Newman :(

So does Jon. Apparently he was at some sort of...environmental after hours fund raiser thingie one night, and the waiter brought him a glass of wine and then accidentally dropped it in his lap...the waiter ran off to grab more napkins as Jon was trying to blot it up and when he looked up there was Paul Newman with his hand out offering his own for Jon to use...Jon said he was a real stand up guy...and very kind.

Oh Shelly, I had forgotten the three of them were in that movie...I'm sure that makes him a bit uneasy!

Johnie
12-08-2008, 02:30 PM
That's a great story :p015:

Beccaberry
12-08-2008, 02:33 PM
It really, really is!