PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant for fanstasmic dinner package?

disney1sttimer
12-08-2008, 09:43 AM
The brown derby is a lot more expensive than hollywood and vine, is it worth the extra? I dont mind paying if so but it does seem a lot more

Tink
12-08-2008, 11:13 AM
I've not ever dined there, but then I've not ever heard much good about the Brown Derby. :sorry:

Johnie
12-08-2008, 11:27 AM
We had lunch at the Brown Derby years ago. I remember it being good. The Cobb salad was wonderful and huge.

If you are using DDP, I wouldn't use 2 TS credits for it though.

uscwest
12-08-2008, 11:53 AM
The brown derby is a lot more expensive than hollywood and vine, is it worth the extra? I dont mind paying if so but it does seem a lot more
IMHO it is NOT worth it. I'm one of those that thinks the Brown Derby, with the exception of the Cobb Salad, is past its prime just like the original in Hollywood.

keith
12-08-2008, 12:26 PM
IMHO it is NOT worth it. I'm one of those that thinks the Brown Derby, with the exception of the Cobb Salad, is past its prime just like the original in Hollywood.

I agree with usc. Sad to say it's overpriced nowadays. It USED to be really nice but it's another casualty of the disney dining plan and we've had some poor service and poor food there recently.

Taja
12-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Remember, H&V is a buffet, so it is self-service for the most part. Brown Derby is full service. Our experience at H&V (dinner only) has been uneven. Food always edible, but sometimes fresher than others--probably somewhat dependent on the ADR time. Other times the food has been very good for a buffet, although not quite as good as Crystal Palace. IMHO. :)

That said, I don't think it's worth the difference in price. We used to dine at the original Brown Derby in its prime--the one at WDW is a distant cousin! :lol:

Beccaberry
12-08-2008, 01:36 PM
While, like others have said, their Cobb salad is delicious (and their grapefruit cake...YUM-MY) I would have to agree that the extra cost is simply not worth it....