PDA

View Full Version : Disappointing News

Beccaberry
27-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Just had a call from the father of Baleigh's friend, Kaela, who was supposed to join us for our trip in August. Note the word "supposed" :( she fell while running last week and injured her ankle quite badly. After an MRI yesterday, the doctor advised that she not make the trip. Baleigh is still asleep so I've not told her yet, but I know she'll be totally devastated. The girls are so close and were looking forward so much to this trip as they are moving on to separate schools in the fall and this was to be there big "hurrah" :(

Not looking forward to having to break the news to her :( sure it's not the end of the world, but when you're 13 that's pretty subjective.

uscwest
27-07-2012, 01:28 PM
Right Becca, for a 13 year old girl this is the "end of the world". So sorry to hear about her friend. Give Baleigh a BIG HUG. :hug2::hug2::hug2:

catrancher
27-07-2012, 01:33 PM
Sorry to hear this Becca. Like John says, to a 13 year old, this is the "end of the world".

Please tell Baleigh how sorry we are that this happened. :sorry:

Tom (:macwave:... I know she'll be crushed!)

keith
27-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Sorry to hear this Becca. Like John says, to a 13 year old, this is the "end of the world".

Please tell Baleigh how sorry we are that this happened. :sorry:

Awwwww :( definitely the end of the world, big hugs to you both :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2: :hug2:

DisneyFreak
27-07-2012, 01:50 PM
That's going to be tough for her to take. I would have loved to have brought a friend at that age to Disney with me. So sorry Becca. :sorry:

Dawn
27-07-2012, 02:03 PM
Awwwwwwww :hug2:

Would you like me to go in her place? :unsure:

WHAT!!??

Watchinherskip
27-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Oh sorry to hear that....I know she may be crushed. DD Alex was able to have one of her girlfriends come with her on the last two trips. I know even at her age (21) she would be sacked....tell her to hang in there.

Dizneyblonde
27-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Oh bless her, I'm sorry to hear that as it means we won't meet her either.

Hope Baleigh is ok after the news.
I have an extra hug for her when we see you x

Deb
27-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Oh Becca, I don't envy you having to break the news :( That's beyond disappointing for all of you.

I hope once the news sinks in that the excitement can start up again pretty soon :hug2:

Beccaberry
27-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Thanks everyone :hug2: you guys really are the best.

I've told her. She's gutted, as expected. We've discussed some of her other friends going, but Baleigh is wise beyond her years in understanding that there are friends that you can travel with and friends you just can't. She's decided to ask her friend Paula, though I'm not sure if her parents will be keen on the idea, so :fingers: and a little pixie dust our way if you could? She's trying to ask her delicately so that Paula doesn't think she was a "second choice." Truth be told, she wasn't, if she could have brought both friends she would have, I'm the one who limited the invitation to one friend. Initially, the deciding factor was that Baleigh wasn't sure if Paula was "silly" enough to enjoy herself in Disney (Baleigh LOVES to be silly and wear hats and hug characters and such) so if she does (by some miracle) get to go, I'll be here asking for advice :) At the end of the day, if it's just B and I, well that will be fine too, I just remember what it was like being 13, and something tells me that even if you LOVE your mom, you'd want someone your age to "hang with."

Well then. Fingers crossed that a little magic works its way into things. I'll keep you posted!

Wendy
27-07-2012, 08:27 PM
Oh bless her :hug2: she is wise beyond her years that daughter of yours. I hope Paula's parents let her come along with you.

Tink
28-07-2012, 12:32 AM
Oh no! That's so harsh!!! Seriously? The child couldn't come along in an immobilizer and a powerchair? REALLY? People go to WDW all the time with ortho injuries. Ugh.

I know the decision has been made, but it just seems wrong to me. The poor girls. :(

Johnie
28-07-2012, 12:42 AM
:-( poor girls. I know it's disappointing and Alysia certainly brought her fair share of friends but look at this as a positive. You can have some really awesome mom and daughter fun time. Some of my most favorite trips are the ones with just Alysia and I.

Beccaberry
30-07-2012, 12:28 PM
:D :D :D :D :D

Paula's parent's have consented. She will be joining us! Baleigh is over the moon. They went over to Kaela's house last night with brownies and a GINORMOUS get well card and spent an hour with Kaela telling Paula ALL of the things she MUST do in her absence. It's still bittersweet that Kaela won't be joining us, but it is good to see a friendship that is so strong at such a young age.

So then!! Off to start a NEW thread on what fun things can be done with a teenager who's not fond of coasters....I've never done this before!

Thanks for the pixie dust, everyone!

Wendy
30-07-2012, 12:57 PM
I'm so glad they said yes :hug2: this will be a different trip for you :lol: no coasters at all :unsure:

Beccaberry
30-07-2012, 01:02 PM
It WILL be a different trip...but that's not a bad thing, right???? We may find loads of things we never paid attention to because we were off doing coasters!