PDA

View Full Version : cameras that take video too

janetm
12-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Instead of taking both a camera and a video why dont people just use the cameras that take video? are they just not good enough quality or something?

Taja
12-08-2008, 01:20 PM
I don't have a separate video camera to compare the quality, but one thing I noticed is that video is a space hog! :lol: You'll go through memory much faster with video than with still photos.

That said, it could be a wonderful way to record special moments on your trip. The moments that just happen and would be over before you pulled out your video camera. Probably not the best option for massive video recording, though.

I'm sure our experts will be along soon with better answers! :)

keith
12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
Agree with Taja!

It's a great facility for small clips but most digicams are not meant for recording hours of footage.

So at the moment, I still think having one of each is useful.

Actually its debateable which way it'll go since camcorders are also developing better and better still shot capabilities! Some people are saying the distinction will end in a few years when we have small units capable of recording for hours at great quality and you'll just watch the footage and click when you want a still shot out of it.

Beccaberry
12-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Some people are saying the distinction will end in a few years when we have small units capable of recording for hours at great quality and you'll just watch the footage and click when you want a still shot out of it.

Would love to see that day come sooner than later....