PDA

View Full Version : 10 years

Britchick
03-08-2012, 06:39 AM
I've just realised that I've known some you for 10 years now! Who else was around in 2002? I remember being cautioned about talking to strangers online but how lovely that some of us are still in touch and some of the people I have met are my bestest friends!

Tink
03-08-2012, 07:07 AM
I was one of the early ones. :yes: I joined my first online Disney community in 1999. Shortly thereafter it was "that other place" before it was a true forum (the old style board). The rest is history.

Dawn
03-08-2012, 07:20 AM
I remember doing at trip report for our 2001 trip so I've known some of you at least that long. I count some of you as my very best friends in the world.:thumbsup:

Skywatcher
03-08-2012, 09:04 AM
2003 for me :wave: when I met all of you.

Never been on any other forum with such closeness and friendship - only met some of you guys a couple of times at most but you are all most definitely bestest buddies :yes:

We have been through quite a lot together

I am just so grateful to Keith for this place to bring us all back together - lost you all for a few months and it was a deeply unsettling time - remember coming back here and realising how much I missed you all ;D

uscwest
03-08-2012, 12:05 PM
I too was one of the early ones. And although I've only met a handful of you in person I consider you all to be dear friends.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

keith
03-08-2012, 12:11 PM
:hug2:

I'm honestly not sure because I lurked for so long reading every single post and not daring to post :lol: then finally I HAD to post because no one else was asking my question, so I did, and got told off for using a naughty word :rotfl: (I said "hell of a good time" which is apparently mega offensive).

The kindness of people around here never ceases to impress me and it's a truly wonderful thing. So much we don't see of course as well that goes on via messages and actual meetings.

I do often find myself in real life conversations saying things like "well Dr.Chris said ....." or "yeah Dawn mentioned..." and then I realise they won't know who I'm on about :lol:

Although I'm terrible at meets, I talk to you all more than I talk to any real life friends :lol: and it's amazing to think of how long we've known each other.

Great thread Brit! :yes:

josh.p.
03-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I first visited in 2005, and I remember my countdown being over a year long so it must have been late 2003/early 2004 that I first joined up! That would have made me about 12!! I must have lied about my age :unsure:

Shellyamc
03-08-2012, 02:00 PM
I believe I joined up around 2002. I know that you guys were the first to know each time I got pregnant, when each baby was born, and were the first to see each first picture. I remember the good, bad, and ugly over the years and I couldn't wish for a better group of friends! :hug2:

Slowhand
03-08-2012, 02:37 PM
I too can`t remember how long I`ve been involved with you all.
I`ve been retired now for 6 years or so and I do remember talking to many of the folk here [on another Disney site] for quite a while before then, so I guess that I must have known loads of you for 10 years at least by now.

Before then I`d never posted onto any forums but as others have said, I genuinely feel the warmth and friendship here at Secrets to be amazing, and it`s great also to have met several of the members in person.

Here`s to another 10 years [and beyond....to infinity? :lol:] :bigwine:

Watchinherskip
03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Wow, has it been that long? Well think I became aquainted with a lot of you in another universe (or Disney board) around 2003. So much water had gone under the bridge. I am grateful for this place..keeps me sane in some of the tedium of planetarium business. Thank you all.

Britchick
03-08-2012, 04:39 PM
i lurked for a while too before i got up the courage to post (hard to imagine i know:tongue: )

i can't tell you how much comfort i get from coming here or wherever we were at the time. I can remember sat in our family room and talking to people on here when Jon was away in Iraq/Afghanistan or gawd knows where, you really have kept me going at times! thank you :hug2:

daveann
03-08-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm one of the early ones with another name and another forum came here after missing some of you and getting invited over. I don't post much it read a lot. My spelling is awful and it puts me off posting even with spell check :)

Lisa1976
03-08-2012, 07:01 PM
Haven't a clue how long I've been here, per 2004. You guys put a smile on my face every day and I had the pleasure of having Keith and his lovely wife Helen at our wedding :)

Skywatcher
03-08-2012, 07:11 PM
It may sound daft but I still get a lovely feeling just seeing so many familiar names just 'logged on' feels like we are all together.

The ONLY downside is this board had ended up costing me a LOT of money ;) :lol:

keith
03-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Haven't a clue how long I've been here, per 2004. You guys put a smile on my face every day and I had the pleasure of having Keith and his lovely wife Helen at our wedding :)

I feel I should point out, I'm lovely too :( :unsure:

;-) A very beautiful wedding it was too, we were very honoured to be there :yes:

Skywatcher
03-08-2012, 07:31 PM
We should so try and sort out a meet again at some point :yes:

And Keith... No excuses man ;)

Britchick
03-08-2012, 07:49 PM
well i think we need a reunion on the Paultons meet..10 years later so 2014

Wendy
03-08-2012, 08:06 PM
I've been around for about 9 years. I first found the other site when I was researching for a trip in December. I found it all quite scary if I'm honest and it took me ages to join :lol: I'd never been part of an internet community and Chris thought I was mad.

Even after joining it took me a while to pluck up the courage to get involved with threads. I will always remember wandering into the chat room and being told by Brit I was in the wrong place and to go to another room, I thought I'd done something wrong, so I did as I was told but I was terrified :lol:

So much has happened over the years and without the support of some, I probably wouldn't be here today. I have made some wonderful friends, some who are like family, who have been with me through the good and the bad times.

Without Keith starting Secrets, I don't even think I would be part of a forum now, so thank you :hug2:

Johnie
03-08-2012, 08:24 PM
I've been around since 2002 :yes: Julie is the first internet person I met at WDW. :tongue: and she lived to tell the tale! Her DH dropped her off at POR and she met me, Dh, Alysia, Alysia's friend and my dad!

And I had a mini meet before that with other VA people (Figment, DC, uscwest & wdwgrandma) at Potomac Mills. I remember Mike acting like I was crazy to drive up there to meet "imaginary" people as he called it :tongue:

I have met some of my bestest friends via these forums :hug2:

Wendy
03-08-2012, 08:43 PM
I feel I should point out, I'm lovely too :( :unsure:

Of course you are :hug2:

Britchick
03-08-2012, 09:17 PM
I've been around for about 9 years. I first found the other site when I was researching for a trip in December. I found it all quite scary if I'm honest and it took me ages to join :lol: I'd never been part of an internet community and Chris thought I was mad.

Even after joining it took me a while to pluck up the courage to get involved with threads. I will always remember wandering into the chat room and being told by Brit I was in the wrong place and to go to another room, I thought I'd done something wrong, so I did as I was told but I was terrified :lol:

So much has happened over the years and without the support of some, I probably wouldn't be here today. I have made some wonderful friends, some who are like family, who have been with me through the good and the bad times.

Without Keith starting Secrets, I don't even think I would be part of a forum now, so thank you :hug2:

I can't remember that Lol!

I don't think I met your Dad Johnie.... I have some photos somewhere it was Spring break 2003

Does anyone remember what my original username was (apart from Dawn!)

Johnie
03-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Yep spring 2003 is when we took my dad. He was there on his scooter. He talked your ear off! Lol I can't believe you forgot that.

Did it have something with rebel in it?

Britchick
03-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Yep spring 2003 is when we took my dad. He was there on his scooter. He talked your ear off! Lol I can't believe you forgot that.

Did it have something with rebel in it?

Oh I don't remember...sorry I have a photo of us and I would imagine the Alysia was the same age as Caitlin is now..13?

And no nothing to do with rebel..

Johnie
03-08-2012, 09:57 PM
:tongue: ok the name is going to drive me crazy! You'll tell me and I'll go "oh yes! that's it!" lol

Alysia was a little bit younger than that. I think just turning 12. And now she's 21!

Mari
04-08-2012, 02:22 AM
Since 2003.... Wow!!!!

Well, its been a wonderful ride so far! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catrancher
04-08-2012, 12:20 PM
It was 2008 for me. Right after I met Mr. and Mrs. Slowhand on a cruise. He said, "hey Tom, why don't you..." and the rest is history. :surrender:

Tom (:macwave:... time flies when you're having fun! :yes:)

daveann
04-08-2012, 01:54 PM
I can't remember that Lol!

I don't think I met your Dad Johnie.... I have some photos somewhere it was Spring break 2003

Does anyone remember what my original username was (apart from Dawn!)

were you tushypat or was that claire? :)

uscwest
04-08-2012, 02:15 PM
It was 2008 for me. Right after I met Mr. and Mrs. Slowhand on a cruise. He said, "hey Tom, why don't you..." and the rest is history. :surrender:

Tom (:macwave:... time flies when you're having fun! :yes:)

And now look at you. Over 5,000 posts. Not bad for only 4 years.

I've been around since 2002 :yes: Julie is the first internet person I met at WDW. :tongue: and she lived to tell the tale! Her DH dropped her off at POR and she met me, Dh, Alysia, Alysia's friend and my dad!

And I had a mini meet before that with other VA people (Figment, DC, uscwest & wdwgrandma) at Potomac Mills. I remember Mike acting like I was crazy to drive up there to meet "imaginary" people as he called it :tongue:

I have met some of my bestest friends via these forums :hug2: Yep, gotta agree with that Johnie. I really hope our October Lobster Fest comes off this time.

Dawn
04-08-2012, 02:24 PM
Claire was tushypat and Brit was Rookie.

daveann
04-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Claire was tushypat and Brit was Rookie.

thanks dawn couldnt remember its been a long time :)

catrancher
04-08-2012, 06:54 PM
And now look at you. Over 5,000 posts. Not bad for only 4 years.

Thanks John. My DW would tell you that's because I'm mouthy... :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... :tape:)

Tink
04-08-2012, 09:08 PM
OMG. I remember what an uproar it caused, the tushypat name. :rolleyes: :lol: Didn't know you were infamous, did you Claire?!

uscwest
05-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Tushypat did cause a stir, though for the life of I can't remember why. I honestly don't remember a Rookie.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Johnie
05-08-2012, 12:17 AM
Rookie! Though I think rebel suits you better lol

Isn't Claire/tushypat the one who dated a Tears for Fears dude?

Britchick
05-08-2012, 07:45 AM
Rookie! Though I think rebel suits you better lol

Isn't Claire/tushypat the one who dated a Tears for Fears dude?

Me? rebel? :unsure::tongue:

Wendy
05-08-2012, 09:24 AM
Me? rebel? :unsure::tongue:

:tape:

Tink
05-08-2012, 09:47 AM
I remember quite well what the uproar was about. There was a certain faction at that other place that felt "tushy" was in reference to a bottom. :rolleyes: So having a tushy pat was hinting at patting someone's bottom. Hey, what can I say. Some people live to interpret things in the single most unique way it could possibly be interpreted. :shrug:

Beccaberry
06-08-2012, 01:15 AM
A most amazing journey it has been. I think what strikes me most is that no matter where life takes us, we can always come "home."

Deb
06-08-2012, 06:43 AM
I have been around more or less that long too. I know it was in preparation for my 2003 trip. It was the first online forum I had ever joined and like a few of you I was wary of talking to strangers on the internet!! Rebecca was the first person who ever sent me a PM, asking about my job, and that made me feel at home and accepted into the community. It is interesting that the ones I interacted with on that original forum are by and large the ones who are still here with me now, here :yes: I love knowing this place is here for us :hug2:

I remember some weird altercations at the pre-incarnation of this forum, but the Tushypat one is new to me! Some people and their minds, eh? :nono: And the real reason for that name is so sweet!

kazzaqld
10-08-2012, 03:19 AM
It must have been around September 2004 for me.

We certainly have shared some times together - the good and the bad.

I need to stop by more often! :unsure:

Wendy
10-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I need to stop by more often! :unsure:

:yes: I miss seeing you here :hug2:

mumof2
17-08-2012, 12:32 PM
It was April 2005 for me, over on the previous forum. I was shy and nervous but jumped in with my questions and got some great advice, which resulted in having those little extras to add to the excitement of our once in a lifetime family trip.

The talking trash can & lights on the walkway at Epcot, hidden mickeys, tips on how to avoid long wait lines (during parade times)...so many things I didn't previously know about!

I hesitated for a long time before revealing my childrens names and pictures! How odd to think that now!

Most of all, though having only met LisaW briefly, and spoken with and had other communication with others, I have made such precious friends here that I never want to lose touch with. You have guided me through the darkest days of my life, and still are.

I know I drifted away recently - I think it was due to feeling too close to you. Over on that social media place it's easy to keep up the jolliness behind the mask, but here...well I reveal myself to you and couldn't bring myself to admit what was happening and how I was feeling. Daft eh?

If our dear Keith and others hadn't given us this place to meet again, I don't know how I would have gotten through these past few years so for that I say a HUGE heartfelt thank you.

Anyway, what a way to bring the mood down...sorry about that! :tongue:

I love you guys and gals, I really do xxx

Watchinherskip
17-08-2012, 01:20 PM
So good to see you around. In my life with the loss of my Dad, Mom, and brother Tom in the past 6 years there have been times when I felt that I had little to offer the forum and left for a time...great to have you back.

mumof2
17-08-2012, 01:23 PM
So good to see you around. In my life with the loss of my Dad, Mom, and brother Tom in the past 6 years there have been times when I felt that I had little to offer the forum and left for a time...great to have you back.

Thank you, and am glad you came back too! xx

lisaw
17-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Every time I tell my kids to be careful with the Internet, don't talk to strangers and never arrange to meet anyone you don't know for sure you know in person, they always throw back at me 'well you did!' :lol:

It will be 10 years of posting for me next year although I had lurked for a while before - I remember being terrified of joining!

Been very lucky to have met quite a few of you and hope to meet others in the future.

Not sure where I would be without my friends I have met here :hug2:

Britchick
17-08-2012, 06:50 PM
Well Poor little Caitlin is still scared of me! Lol

lisaw
17-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Well Poor little Caitlin is still scared of me! Lol

So am I truth be told! :taunt:

Wendy
17-08-2012, 08:00 PM

:lol:

Britchick
17-08-2012, 08:22 PM
:sorry:

Dawn
18-08-2012, 07:49 AM

She terrifies me. :poke:

lozzy
25-08-2012, 04:24 AM
I joined in 2008, I was told by our lovely Mick to join, I knew some people from another forum so joining was easy,
Never meet anyone is person yet but I have spoken to some great people and call you all friends.

Tink
26-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Our Mick. He was so wonderful at bringing people together. Miss him every single day...

Vikki
26-08-2012, 06:43 PM
I just lurk and say hi occasionally :wink: