PDA

View Full Version : Cab Fare to...

Beccaberry
11-08-2012, 01:37 PM
...well, I guess your best suggestion for two, teenage girls who want to SHOP, SHOP, SHOP! They are each bringing a bit of their allotted "back to school" money and would love to spend a day doing a bit of shopping. Where then? Outlets? Mall at Millenia? What do you suggest and how much should I expect to pay in cab fare?

I don't usually travel "outside the realm" so this will be a new "thing" for me :)

Tink
11-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Honestly? For something that holds the chance of being "different" and fun for ALL of you? I'd go with Mall at Millenia. It's high end, but fun, fun, fun and you are coming during a time of sales, so that might help. Great opportunities to eat too. :D

Annnnnnd, you can walk to IKEA if you are desperate for a bargain or cup of meatballs. :D :D

Cab fare? Eeeesh. Don't have a clue there. :sorry:

keith
11-08-2012, 01:48 PM
both florida mall and mall at millenia about $45ish each way from Disney

Mall at millenia the poshest and most fun to go to.. florida mall more varied and often better pricing but "just another mall" :)

Beccaberry
11-08-2012, 01:56 PM
I had a feeling MaM would be the destination of choice :)

So then, what manner of "food opportunities" are we talking, Tink? (You HAD to know that perked my ears right up :) )

$100 in taxis roundtrip, eh? How far of a drive are we talking, Keith? And are there other options that I should be considering? Shuttles? Town Service? Or will they all be about the same?

Thanks for all the help!!!

keith
11-08-2012, 02:02 PM
$100 in taxis roundtrip, eh? How far of a drive are we talking, Keith? And are there other options that I should be considering? Shuttles? Town Service? Or will they all be about the same?

aboutttttttt 25-30 mins each way. Town cars will be the same(ish). Mears shuttles may be an option but yah know :)

Wendy
11-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Mall at Millenia for the Cheescake Factory :D

The food court is quite nice as well, but we never get that far :lol:

Wendy
11-08-2012, 02:09 PM
both florida mall and mall at millenia about $45ish each way from Disney

Aren't you glad you rent a car now :lol: It must be saving you a fortune in taxi fares.

Johnie
11-08-2012, 02:55 PM
It would be cheaper to rent a car.

Beccaberry
11-08-2012, 04:08 PM
Yes. That's quite true. But you know me...I couldn't find my way out of cardboard box.

Just been perusing the shops online - looks like exactly what the girls would enjoy!

Johnie
11-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Lol that's why you get the GPS if your geographically challenged.

Beccaberry
11-08-2012, 04:48 PM
Lol fair point...it comes down to not wanting to have to deal with all the stress that accompanies my innate ability to get lost in my own house. At least not in vacation ;-)

Tink
11-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Sometimes it's just fun to have a chauffeur. :D

There is Bucco De Beppo, and McCormick and Schmicks, PF Changs, and any number of easy to walk to places outside the mall. TONS in fact. :yes:

It's a fairly congested area and you won't have trouble getting around on foot, even if you stay on the "mall side" of the street.

It's a miserable place to get in and out of, and that's another good reason to have the cabbie deal with it!

Oh, and there is a Godiva shop. :D (If you are a fan).

keith
11-08-2012, 07:33 PM
yeah it's nice just to let someone else do the driving on hols :yes:

I keep wanting to explore the food potential around MaM but it always seems a long way across the huge car park :lol: pf changs and cheesecake factory tend to keep me busy

Johnie
11-08-2012, 08:09 PM
Lol control freak here!

Mmmmm love Cheesecake Factory and PF Changs

Britchick
12-08-2012, 03:50 PM
mmmm cheesecake factory. You can get busses from opposite DTD Marketplace

For mall of milennia take the 50 to Premium Outlets schedule here (http://www.golynx.com/plan-trip/route-details.stml?portalProcess_dd_0_1_1=showPublicPost ing&calendar_entry_id=824)
then then take bus 24 to Millenia. 24 runs only once per hour and stops quite early though. schedule here (http://www.golynx.com/plan-trip/route-details.stml?portalProcess_dd_0_1_1=showPublicPost ing&calendar_entry_id=766)

There is a direct service to the Florida Mall schedule here (http://www.golynx.com/plan-trip/route-details.stml?portalProcess_dd_0_1_1=showPublicPost ing&calendar_entry_id=749)

Fares here (http://www.golynx.com/fares-passes/)

Beccaberry
13-08-2012, 03:30 AM
Thanks, Jules!!

Britchick
13-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Thanks, Jules!!

Youre welcome, can anyone tell me what ticket i need for one day travel? It's confusing

Tink
13-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Ummmmm, I'd be really careful about riding the LYNX busses. :sorry: Yes, they are public transport, but errrmmmmm... they are not inclusive as many other cities transport systems are, if you are following me?

I don't know as you'd have too much trouble going from the WDW area to Mall at Milennia, but I'd NEVER get on a bus headed for Florida Mall and the OBT. :sorry:

keith
13-08-2012, 10:18 AM
Ummmmm, I'd be really careful about riding the LYNX busses. :sorry: Yes, they are public transport, but errrmmmmm... they are not inclusive as many other cities transport systems are, if you are following me?

I don't know as you'd have too much trouble going from the WDW area to Mall at Milennia, but I'd NEVER get on a bus headed for Florida Mall and the OBT. :sorry:

yeah I tried this when we were using taxis and thought the bus would be an ok option... I wouldn't do it again

Beccaberry
13-08-2012, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the tip :) doesn't sound as though I'd want to be on there alone with two teenage girls. Back to taxi :) although of course now the girls are saying, "But we can shop ANYTIME! Let's not spend our time on vacation at the mall!" So, they may completely change their mind between now and then (Imagine that...teenagers changing their minds. I swear I feel like a tennis ball somedays!)

Thanks for all the input an advice!

Britchick
13-08-2012, 04:58 PM
what's gonna happen if i go on the bus? surely from DTD to Florida mall wouldn't be bad? is it dangerous or just not pleasant?

Johnie
13-08-2012, 07:04 PM
I imagine if you can ride public transportation in NYC then you can handle the Lynx busses. That being said I can only imagine that it's a lengthy process and cumbersome.

Out of all the options I would rent a car or hire a town car/taxi

Britchick
13-08-2012, 07:22 PM
it's going to be $100 plus tip for a cab though, now you've got me looking at prices to hire a car! how about a convertible mustang for a week!

Wendy
13-08-2012, 07:33 PM
I would think the bus to the Florida Mall might have some not so nice people on there. I know there are some areas around the Mall, which we've been told off for just driving through :unsure: So if the bus goes through these areas on the way to the Mall, then that's probably what Tink meant.

Britchick
13-08-2012, 07:39 PM
that's just a normal day at work for me LOL but i'm coming round to the idea of hiring a car. How do you get to the disney car care centre to pick up a car?

Wendy
13-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Just call them from the resort and they will come accross for you :)

Johnie
13-08-2012, 07:55 PM
There are not so nice people everywhere. Ask Alysia about the blind woman on the subway in NYC.

Car rental is far cheaper but not what Rebecca wants to do.

Britchick
13-08-2012, 08:03 PM
Just call them from the resort and they will come accross for you :)

it's sounding more and more convenient.... i usually book with usrentacar, who is usually cheaper do you think?

Johnie
13-08-2012, 08:11 PM
I usually Priceline or Hotwire a car. (no funny jokes Tom lol). I don't know if you can do that with being from the UK (I know it's cheaper to arrange your car hire from over there than waiting till you get here)

Britchick
13-08-2012, 08:20 PM
i'll probably just go with usrentacar then, now chevy aveo or mustang....mmmmm, there's only the price of a meal out here in it..

Wendy
13-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Try CarHire3000 we tend to use them now as they are always cheaper.

There is a link on the right hand side of the forums - cheapest car hire :)

keith
13-08-2012, 09:12 PM
Try CarHire3000 we tend to use them now as they are always cheaper.

There is a link on the right hand side of the forums - cheapest car hire :)

Just to say, I always use them too since Wendy and slowhand told me about them. The last time I booked, they were cheaper by quite a lot but then a few weeks before we left I stupidly checked again and usrentacar were even cheaper! I emailed carhire3000 and gave them my reservation number and told them about the usrentacar deal. That same day within a couple of hours I received an email saying they'd pricematched the deal.

So, I'm definitely happy with the service

Britchick
13-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Will a mustang be easy to drive? Used to driving SUVs or mini vans over there

keith
13-08-2012, 09:26 PM

Id SO love to try a mustang :lol: Perhaps december mmmm

Britchick
13-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Id SO love to try a mustang :lol: Perhaps december mmmm

Perfect time for a convertible! We could have a race :tongue:

Johnie
13-08-2012, 09:59 PM

I thought I wanted to buy a new Mustang till I rented one in Memphis. It is hard to see out of the back. Now, I rented a Dodge Charger last fall. LOVE that car!!

keith
13-08-2012, 10:06 PM
I thought I wanted to buy a new Mustang till I rented one in Memphis. It is hard to see out of the back. Now, I rented a Dodge Charger last fall. LOVE that car!!

yeah LOVE the charger but they never seem to have any at orlando international :/

Johnie
14-08-2012, 01:07 AM
:tongue: I never get a Charger in Orlando. It always seems to be an Impala or a Malibu

Britchick
14-08-2012, 06:35 AM
Is a charger the one that the guy from Hawaii 5 O drives?