PDA

View Full Version : New iPad camera issue please help !!

Skywatcher
11-08-2012, 04:15 PM
For some bizzare reason my ipad3 camera has started crashing whenever it is turned into landscape mode :unsure:

Worked ok about 3-4 days ago

Now it will not even open if the iPad is held in landscape

If held in portrait it opens and front and back cameras work fine and take photos and videos, if turned into landscape it crashes immediately ( in video it continues to take the video but at 90 degrees if that makes sense)

Google doesn't show anyone else with this issue

Have done a hard reset

Have also reset all settings through the main menu

Any ideas? Seems very very strange :(

The video function is very important to me with the baby

keith
11-08-2012, 04:24 PM
you've done everything I'd do but I'd also download the current firmware for it and manually force a reflash to it (after backing up)

http://www.iskysoft.com/apple-ipad/restore-firmware-ipad.html

Skywatcher
11-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Tried it but getting the error message 'unable to save a backup to this computer :unsure:

Trying to work around that bug

It's frustrating as I don't have the time for farting about with computers at the moment grrrr

catrancher
12-08-2012, 01:19 PM
I might just reset the iPad to factory settings and then try it (Settings->General->Reset). Then try a re-sync.

Tom (:macwave:... weird. Really weird.)

Skywatcher
12-08-2012, 04:12 PM
Still not working. Apps that use the camera in landscape like the millenium falcon shooter work fine. Very weird. Hopefully will fix when iOS 6 comes along

catrancher
12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Still not working. Apps that use the camera in landscape like the millenium falcon shooter work fine. Very weird. Hopefully will fix when iOS 6 comes along

3rd party apps work but the Apple camera doesn't? Something's rotten in Denmark here methinks.
Perhaps a trip to the Genius Bar at the local Apple store would be in order? :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... puzzling over killer cameras.)

Skywatcher
12-08-2012, 06:35 PM
Nearest apple store is 3 hours away, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon sadly

catrancher
12-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Nearest apple store is 3 hours away, that ain't gonna happen anytime soon sadly

Oh well... it was a thought. Albeit not a very good one but a thought nonetheless. :shrug:

Tom (:macwave:... officially puzzled...)