PDA

View Full Version : Secret's Christmas Exchanges

Wendy
19-08-2012, 03:09 PM
As much as I hate to say it, we seem to be approaching that time of the year when we make decisions about the Exchanges we have around Christmas :D - no heckling at the back there :lol: :wink:

I know there are a lot of us that love these and so I thought it was a good time to see how you feel about the:

Calendar Exchange
Christmas Ornament Exchange
Christmas Card Exchange

I have a feelingI know already what the answers will be :lol:

Also, if you would like to organise one of the 3 exchanges as well, that would be great, just say in this thread and the first person to post asking for a particular exchange will get it :yes:

Comment away people and no slapping me for mentioning Christmas :whistle:

Johnie
19-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Lol! No heckling or slaps from me! I love Christmas. Just not winter.

I vote for all 3. I will also be the understudy for the ornament exchange if no one wants to do it :-)

Deb
19-08-2012, 03:13 PM
1. Yes :D
2. Yes :D
3. Yes :D

I would be very happy to organise any of them, whichever is usually the trickiest :yes: Or heck, even all of them if required!

And I didn;t even slap you for mentioning THAT word. *whispers* I have even started picking up a few little presents as I see them :eek:

Britchick
19-08-2012, 03:13 PM
I'd like to partake in the ornament one but won't be able to host any this time as I'll be going away :thumbsup:

Wendy
19-08-2012, 03:37 PM
Deb, choose which one you would prefer to do :D

Tink
19-08-2012, 04:59 PM
I like all the exchanges, but usually only participate in the Christmas card exchange. I am happy to do the cards if a member does not want to do so.

I think it's more inclusive though, when members do the hosting of exchanges. Keeps everyone involved!!!

Deb
19-08-2012, 06:09 PM
Deb, choose which one you would prefer to do :D

:D Wen, I have no idea which is the hardest to do - so I will take the one that gives someone the most hassle! Is that the Calendar one? Or do you want me to guess? :taunt:

Do you know what? I have never hosted an exchange and have always wanted to. Is that sad, or does it make me weird? :tongue: That's why I said I'll do all of them if no one else wants to! :lol: Heck, throw in a tea towel/bookmark/hamster/plantpot exchange while you're at it :wiggle:

Johnie
19-08-2012, 06:25 PM
Lol no its not strange! The ornament can be tricky. It has to go out before the holiday mail rush. And packages have gone missing so we've had to have elves step in and send a package.

The sorting of the names is always the hardest part for me. Other than that it's just making sure everyone has sent out and let's us know they've received theirs.

Tink
19-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Deb, you are wonderful. Each one is a bit different.

With the cards you collect all the addresses and then make a list sharing it with the members (only) who are participating.

With the other two, you collect the names and then use random assignment to "pair" members with one another. We usually try to keep it US to UK member, but if there isn't enough of one group to go around, then it's "best as can be managed" sort of thing.

Then, you keep track of who has received their cards and exchanges, mostly for the purpose of being sure that everyone who sent one, receives one. For cards its a bit simpler, in that you only really need to keep track of who may not have sent any after the exchange began.

Does that make any sense at all? :unsure:

Deb
19-08-2012, 06:39 PM
Thanks Tink :hug2: That does make sense :yes: I have to say, I have never known you NOT to make sense :lol:

Sounds like the ornament one is the scariest. Therefore I should probably plump for that :yes: But then I would have nothing to do closer to Christmas! :D

Mari
19-08-2012, 06:45 PM
Yipee!!!!!!!

Count me in for the card and ornament one, I almost never take part in the calendar one because its impossible to find calendars to buy before December, but Ill start looking early and if I find one then Im in on that one too :)

And I can organise one :) dont mind which one, I did the card one last year :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tinkerbell
19-08-2012, 07:10 PM
:wave: I haven't been around much / for a while, for too many reasons to go into here but I was wondering if I may put myself forward for the Christmas card one?
Silly I know but it would really help me to feel a part of things here again.

I can see that a few people have already volunteered though, so I won't mind if I miss out this time :thumbsup:

Dawn
19-08-2012, 07:14 PM
:overhere: Deb I have a hamster I'd like to exchange for a tea towel. :thumbsup:

Britchick
19-08-2012, 07:16 PM
:wave: I haven't been around much / for a while, for too many reasons to go into here but I was wondering if I may put myself forward for the Christmas card one?

I can see that a few people have already volunteered though, so I won't mind if I miss out this time :thumbsup:

'yay! good to see you back :hug2:

Johnie
19-08-2012, 07:19 PM
So we have Deb doing the ornament
Mari organizing the calendars
Tinkerbell organizing the cards

Is that right?

Please feel free to ask me any questions if you need any help at all!

Britchick
19-08-2012, 07:21 PM

Is that right?

that's great! :thumbsup:

Tinkerbell
19-08-2012, 07:23 PM
That's great, thankyou :hug2:

It good to be back Brit. Got to make myself stay around now :yes:

Wendy
19-08-2012, 07:24 PM

Hey you :hug2: :hug2:

You are always a part of things here :yes: you can go away for a while and come back and it's just like you haven't been away :hug2:

It is good to see you here :D

It looks like you are organising the Christmas Cards :yes: thank you :hug2:

Wendy
19-08-2012, 07:25 PM

Is that right?

:happydance: That's brilliant, thank you all so much for offering your help :D

Johnie
19-08-2012, 07:29 PM
I love the exchanges. Yay!!!

Ohhhh now I get to pick up an ornament at Disney in a little over a week :-)

Wendy
19-08-2012, 07:31 PM
Me too in about 4 weeks :D

Deb
19-08-2012, 07:33 PM
:overhere: Deb I have a hamster I'd like to exchange for a tea towel. :thumbsup:

Oh Dawn, that is good, I have a very nice tea towel of Alnwick Castle to be swapped :yes: I shall buy a hamster wheel.

Tinkerbell
19-08-2012, 07:35 PM
I love the exchanges. Yay!!!

Ohhhh now I get to pick up an ornament at Disney in a little over a week :-)

Me too in about 4 weeks :D

I'm just going to pretend that I'm not jealous at all! :tongue:

Suebeattie
19-08-2012, 07:35 PM
I think I will take part in the card and calender exchange. I didn't do the last one but they sound fun to do :)

:wiggle:

Wendy
19-08-2012, 07:36 PM
:D Wen, I have no idea which is the hardest to do - so I will take the one that gives someone the most hassle! Is that the Calendar one? Or do you want me to guess? :taunt:

Do you know what? I have never hosted an exchange and have always wanted to. Is that sad, or does it make me weird? :tongue: That's why I said I'll do all of them if no one else wants to! :lol: Heck, throw in a tea towel/bookmark/hamster/plantpot exchange while you're at it :wiggle:

I don't need to answer this now as Tink did a brilliant job :D

You don't really want to to reply about the being weird part do you :taunt: :wink: :exit:

Deb
19-08-2012, 08:29 PM
I don't need to answer this now as Tink did a brilliant job :D

You don't really want to to reply about the being weird part do you :taunt: :wink: :exit:

:tongue:

Mari
20-08-2012, 02:17 AM

Is that right?

Works for me :)

Mari
20-08-2012, 02:18 AM

Good to see you :hug2:

uscwest
20-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Once again you can count on participation here. Just a heads up on the ornaments though. Since our organization has moved to Ft. Meade the ornaments that we get are handled by a different organization than in the past and as such are made available to us a bit later than we are used to. They should be available in time to meet the rush though.

Watchinherskip
20-08-2012, 04:50 PM
never did the card exchange...hmmmm

I would like to be part of the ornament exchange. That is always a lot of fun.

Lisa1976
20-08-2012, 05:03 PM
I love the exchanges, happy to participate in all :)

Wendy
20-08-2012, 05:12 PM
:happydance: I'm glad everyone is looking forward to the exchanges, they are a Secret's tradition :yes:

The volunteers will start threads for each exchange closer to Christmas :D