PDA

View Full Version : Director Tony Scott dies

DisneyFreak
20-08-2012, 02:48 PM
British born director Tony Scott has passed away after an apparent suicide jump from an LA bridge. Tony is the younger brother of producer/director Ridley Scott. Some of the movies Tony Scott has directed include:

Top Gun
Beverly Hills Cop II
Days of Thunder
Crimson Tide
Enemy of the State
Man on Fire
Unstoppable

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/top-gun-director-dies-jumping-off-bridge-041553449.html

I'm a big fan of his and his brother. He will be missed.

Dawn
20-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Such sad news. May he find the peace that he seemingly couldn't find in this life. :(

Wendy
20-08-2012, 03:14 PM
:(

Tink
21-08-2012, 09:50 AM
I heard this on NPR on my way to work. Very sad. He was 68 and that somehow makes it sadder to me.

Phyllis Diller has also died. I remember her as a kid and being envious of that hair. :sigh:

DisneyFreak
21-08-2012, 01:52 PM
Additional news on Tony Scott. Apparently he had inoperable brain cancer. At least that sheds a little light on why he did what he did but still very sad indeed.

Tink, I saw that about Phyllis Diller last night. What I life she had and went peacefully in her sleep with a smile on her face (according to her son who found her). I remember seeing old clips of Laugh-In with her. She was hillarious!! Did anyone know she was the voice of the Aunt Queen in A Bug's Life?