PDA

View Full Version : OK, let's get a Brit's Eye View of This

uscwest
22-08-2012, 05:57 PM
Prince Harry and his Las Vegas nude romp. What do you think?

keith
22-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Prince Harry and his Las Vegas nude romp. What do you think?

it's gonna vary depending on the Brit.. some people are royalists and the royal family can do no wrong, others believe that it's an outdated institution and will criticise everything.

Most people I know had a little giggle about it and said oh heck whats Harry up to this time :)

I think most of us are used to Harry striving to be as normal as possible a 27yr old red blooded male ;-) and so this doesn't really shock any of us. The most that my circle of friends would do is laugh and say poor sod, he really needs to look at the kind of people he hangs out with and get some more trustworthy people.

There's a bit of an undercurrent amongst people who care about the royals grumbling about him portraying the UK in a poor light but it's not like it's a huge deal for most of us :lol:

Dawn
22-08-2012, 06:51 PM
I think they should make him king now. He'd be legendary!:thumbsup:

Vikki
22-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Good on him having fun I say! ;)

Britchick
22-08-2012, 07:13 PM
well Brit's opinion is are there any photos?

Dawn
22-08-2012, 07:18 PM
You've not seen them?? :thud:

lisaw
22-08-2012, 07:19 PM
Well it made me giggle when I read about it, and yes I did scroll down the news page in the hope there was photographic evidence! :whistle:

It doesn't bother me one bit, he wasn't hurting anyone!

Do think it might be worth him being a bit more careful who he .. um .. 'hangs out' with in future though!

Britchick
22-08-2012, 07:25 PM
You've not seen them?? :thud:

no...is there a link

Dawn
22-08-2012, 07:38 PM
search for Prince Harry on twitter. :wink:

Wendy
22-08-2012, 07:40 PM
It made me giggle as well, Harry is great fun but he really needs to be careful who he trusts.

I like the Royal Family but I really hope it misses Charles and goes straight to William.

Suebeattie
22-08-2012, 07:41 PM
Or search for him on facebook they was on there this morning.
I thought it was quite funny, just shows they are normal people :D

:wiggle:

Britchick
22-08-2012, 07:49 PM
i have googled, a bit silly of him really and sad that he can't just get up to high jinx and not have it plastered all over the papers. Doesn't make me feel any less of him though, I'm really proud of the two Princes they're such lovely young men.

lozzy
22-08-2012, 08:58 PM
This made me giggle also, I love Harry and think its great he is doing what normal people should do.
He has to be my favourite royal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tink
22-08-2012, 10:59 PM
Poor Harry. Can't have a bit of a breeze without being exposed to the world.

Johnie
23-08-2012, 05:46 AM
I have no idea what he's done but I Like Harry. He has a twinkle in his eye and would be loads of fun to hang out with

Britchick
23-08-2012, 07:20 AM
I have no idea what he's done but I Like Harry. He has a twinkle in his eye and would be loads of fun to hang out with

He played strip pool with a group of Vegas tramps and one of them it would seem took photos and sold them them to the press.

Dawn
23-08-2012, 07:24 AM
Letting his hair down before he goes back on military duty. Trouble is when you're third in line to the throne someone with a camera will be waiting. Wonder what The Queen makes of it all.

Britchick
23-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Letting his hair down before he goes back on military duty. Trouble is when you're third in line to the throne someone with a camera will be waiting. Wonder what The Queen makes of it all.

I think people forget the fact that he's in the military :sorry:

Once again the press are focusing on something like this and not things like the case of Tony Nicklinson

Vikki
23-08-2012, 08:33 AM
I think the media here are trying to get us all to say how disgusting it is.....and not many people are lol!

MystikPiglit
23-08-2012, 09:16 AM
I am a staunch Royalist. He is behaving like most chaps on leave, so it's understandable. I do think his minders need to advise him where it's safe to let loose though.

uscwest
23-08-2012, 11:43 AM
Well, I must admit that your responses are in line with what I have been reading the papers and seeing on the news so I guess that none of that is fake. Thanks for your opinions.

Dawn
23-08-2012, 12:25 PM
I get the impression the British press wanted the public to be up in arms about his behavior.

We all just "oh it's just Harry being Harry" though. :rotfl:

Johnie
23-08-2012, 01:20 PM
So all adults eh? Who cares?

piglet
23-08-2012, 02:27 PM
He's a single guy on leave from a stressful, dangerous job, in the privacy of his apartment. Leave him alone, although I would have thought his security staff should have checked to make sure there were no cameras around. Good on ya Harry !!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Slowhand
23-08-2012, 03:58 PM
I guess that I`m in the minority here but personally I reckon that Harry is a plonker!

He is supposed to be in the army and makes out that he is treated like other military personnel however how many regular soldiers get the opportunity to go to any olympic venue/rugby matches/rock concerts that takes their fancy?
It wasn`t that long ago that he was dressed up as a Nazi which really upset loads of ex WW1 & WW11 personel, not to mention his partying and rolling out of nightclubs smashed out of his head.

Definately not fitting for a 27 year old who is third in line for the throne of England.

I`m definitely not against the Royal Family and several of them do a fantastic job for the country without behaving like a spoilt brat who needs to grow up and set an example!

Britchick
23-08-2012, 04:38 PM
He may get the opportunity to do things that other service personnel cannot and will not ever have an opportunity to do. However, he could choose whether he goes to dangerous places or not because of his position in the royal family but he and his brother insist that they do what others are expected to do. They are just one of the lads. No special treatment. For this I respect them greatly.

Totally agree with you about the Nazi uniform, never should have happened, big mistake but that was quite a few years ago, I think the response he got then is punishment enough. Doesnt need to be brought up again. We all make mistakes and I'm bloody glad that mine haven't been plastered all over the news :yes:

Dawn
23-08-2012, 06:25 PM
I see it this way.

It's not his fault he's third in line for the throne. Yes he has responsibilities but he's trying to be as "normal" as possible.

When you are on active military duty you have to be in complete control of your behavior every second of every day. That's got to build up like a coiled spring.

And to be completely honest I've seen far worse at formal rugby club dinners by married, family men.

keith
23-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Someone said today that whilst he's nowhere close to the throne in real terms, who cares, but if anything happened to Charles/William to make Harry next in line, a lot more people would start caring a lot more about his fitness for the role.

I think there's some truth in that

Johnie
24-08-2012, 02:58 AM
We were just talking about Harry being third in line last night and how he could possibly become king. He wouldn't even be in line had Edward VIII not abdicated. So, yes anything could happen and Harry could be king. Some youthful indiscretions should not be counted against him.

I read today that the Sun is printing the pictures as a freedom of speech thing and they would have not printed them had they not been available all over the internet.

ANd I wholeheartedly agree with Jules, thank goodness the internet was not around when I was young!!!

lisaw
24-08-2012, 04:43 AM
Also this was a supposedly private hotel room, and it wasn't anything illegal, it's not as though he dropped his trousers at the Olympic closing ceremony!

Mari
25-08-2012, 02:40 AM
No Brit, but hes got a great body ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kate
25-08-2012, 08:38 AM
Doesnt bother me at all - but im sooo not a royalist!
What does annoy me though is when people say "oh he's young and having fun", well yes he is having fun but actually, he's not *that* young anymore so its not really an excuse anymore!!

Slowhand
25-08-2012, 02:50 PM
What does annoy me though is when people say "oh he's young and having fun", well yes he is having fun but actually, he's not *that* young anymore so its not really an excuse anymore!!

:Iagree: totally. :yes: