PDA

View Full Version : Testing free Internet from Magic Kingdom

Isafari
24-08-2012, 06:33 PM
:wave:
Sitting at the train station waiting for the parade we then have fast passes for Mickey Minnie photos.
Gorgeous day today :thumbsup:

Watchinherskip
24-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Oh sent on wifi? Cool!

catrancher
24-08-2012, 07:00 PM
And a successful test it is! :thumbsup:

Tom (:macwave:... what do they call it? MickeyNet? :unsure:)

DisneyFreak
24-08-2012, 07:14 PM
what do they call it? MickeyNet? :unsure:)

MickeyFi
MKNet
SurftheKingdom

disnut
25-08-2012, 10:08 AM
wow I didnt know about this how does it work?

catrancher
25-08-2012, 12:22 PM
wow I didnt know about this how does it work?

Supposedly, your device will show you a network named "Disney-Guest". Connect to that, agree to Disney's terms of service, and you're on.

12499.vB

Tom (:macwave:... at least that's the rumor...)

Slowhand
25-08-2012, 02:40 PM
Sounds like a good idea for the start of a song Diane :~ "I`m sitting at a railway station, got a ticket for my destination" etc.etc. :lol:

Isafari
26-08-2012, 02:24 AM
Sounds like a good idea for the start of a song Diane :~ "I`m sitting at a railway station, got a ticket for my destination" etc.etc. :lol:

:lol:

Supposedly, your device will show you a network named "Disney-Guest". Connect to that, agree to Disney's terms of service, and you're on.

Tom (:macwave:... at least that's the rumor...)

Yes, it was as simple as that. Next time you turn on your device it remembers you.
I was impressed with the speed too.

Vikki
26-08-2012, 06:45 PM
:lol:

Yes, it was as simple as that. Next time you turn on your device it remembers you.
I was impressed with the speed too.

I was wondering about that. Do you think if you're staying at a resort there you'll have to keep logging on or it'll just remember you for your whole trip?

Wendy
26-08-2012, 07:03 PM
One you have logged on to a network your phone or device will remember it.

Tink
26-08-2012, 09:02 PM
You have to keep logging on. It drops you like a hot potato, too so be ready for that. When you shut your computer down, it logs you off.

It seems to log you off after periods of un-use too, but I'm not sure about that because it keeps dropping me.

I am getting an icon that shows guest. With Disney Guest it asks for verification so I stay with guest. (It's the same icon that shows up at the resort).

Definitely needs improving.

Vikki
27-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Thought that might be the case. We were going to take our UK phones over and use Google + messenger to be in touch with each other in the parks, rather than getting a US phone and using text. If the WiFi keeps kicking you off that won't work though....

Tink
28-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Usually you can get back on pretty quickly, but it is a ripping pain in the errrmmmm... neck. :D

Deafjeff
29-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Can't wait to use the Internet so can use FaceTime to call my parents :-)

That would be simply fab also show them a bit of Disney magic.

Of course will do live update in this forum also! :wiggle:

Tink
29-08-2012, 08:52 AM
That is going to be so nice for you and your parents! :yes: There will be much to share with them. I hope the connection holds for you. :yes:

Oh, and yessir!!! We'll be looking for your updates! Especially on MNSSHP night! (Still hoping you go for the Cinderella outfit). :D :D :D