PDA

View Full Version : Is internet all wireless at disneyworld now?

disneymom
25-08-2012, 09:53 AM
I've been reading posts about internet in the parks which has to be wireless ? how do I get onto that is there a special password they give you?

What about all the disney resorts, are they all wireless now or do I need cables still

oh and is it all free or paid for?

Britchick
25-08-2012, 10:35 AM
All of the resorts are now free wifi now I believe and they are rolling it out to the parks, magic kingdom and Epcot are now. Hopefully the treat will follow suit shortly

Wendy
25-08-2012, 03:02 PM
The wifi at the parks is free and as Brit said it is only available at the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

All you need to do is search for "Disney-Guest" connect to it and accept the terms and conditions :)

Once you have done this in one park you should be set for the rest as your phone will remember for you :D

Tink
25-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Don't expect excellent service. We will be testing EPCOT later today, but the resort WiFi leaves much to be desired. Yes, it works but it's spotty and loss of connection can be frequent.

keith
25-08-2012, 03:43 PM
Don't expect excellent service. We will be testing EPCOT later today, but the resort WiFi leaves much to be desired. Yes, it works but it's spotty and loss of connection can be frequent.

Eurg that's sad to hear Tink... is the wired connection still available at a cost?

Beccaberry
25-08-2012, 03:59 PM
Our experience at All Stars varied by room. In our Baseball section room, it was AWFUL. Once we were moved to the Surfs Up building, we never had a problem.

keith
25-08-2012, 04:03 PM
Our experience at All Stars varied by room. In our Baseball section room, it was AWFUL. Once we were moved to the Surfs Up building, we never had a problem.

interesting... sorta suggests that they haven't got the coverage quite right.

josh.p.
25-08-2012, 06:21 PM
When I worked there (I still pinch myself when I say that) they were sort of testing it out because we had cast member only wifi which I believe was a fairly new thing. EPCOT was the best for coverage, where as the magic kingdom for example certain areas I couldn't pick it up at all. Noone seemed to know why or how and not many people even knew the wifi was available for CM's. Hoping it's improved for guests.