PDA

View Full Version : new iphone 5?

disnut
25-08-2012, 10:07 AM
Who's going to buy the new iphone 5?

I have an older android phone at the moment which is annoying me so Im really thinking about it but I dont know whether its better to order online from apple or wait at the store?

Britchick
25-08-2012, 10:38 AM
I guess it depends if you want to get a contract or buy it outright.

I think I'm going to hold off as mine does everything I want it to and I'm enjoying only paying £10 a month for all I need

keith
25-08-2012, 10:40 AM
Im going to get it but just cos I'm a total apple addict and love phones :lol:

I'll probably order it online though

Wendy
25-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I won't be having one, I'll wait until the iphone6 comes out with 4G.

keith
25-08-2012, 03:41 PM
I won't be having one, I'll wait until the iphone6 comes out with 4G.

you don't reckon the 5 will have 4G then?

Wendy
25-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Chris doesn't :lol:

keith
25-08-2012, 03:48 PM

:taunt:

yeah could easily go either way *especially* if they follow others and do a UK version without it :/ I'm hoping they include it though

Given the UK could have 4G as soon as the end of this year, it would give the 5 a nice advantage

Wendy
25-08-2012, 04:05 PM
I suppose they could be thinking about the iphone5 now and then in the early new year they could bring out the iphone5s or iphone4G :lol: :wink:

keith
25-08-2012, 04:08 PM
I suppose they could be thinking about the iphone5 now and then in the early new year they could bring out the iphone5s or iphone4G :lol: :wink:

groan :lol: yeah well, I wish I could completely discount that possibility but :/

I'm gonna bet the 5 has 4G LTE from launch. The ipad did sooooo!

Skywatcher
26-08-2012, 06:15 AM
Im going to get it but just cos I'm a total apple addict and love phones :lol:

I'll probably order it online though

I predict..... You stay in all day.... It doesn't come , and you have to call the courier .... You know the rest ;)

keith
26-08-2012, 07:33 AM
I predict..... You stay in all day.... It doesn't come , and you have to call the courier .... You know the rest ;)

I know cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

keith
27-08-2012, 03:05 PM

Well I had another good look around and it's verrrry hard to tell.

The first problem is, at&t use a lower 700mhz band for 4glte and verizon use the upper 700mhz band. Until recently, there were no comms chips that could do both apparently :/ Qualcomm have just brought one out so it would be possible for apple to support both at&t and verizon with a single model phone now if they used that chip. Otherwise it'd be different models again.

Assuming they brought EITHER the at&t OR the verizon variant to the UK, neither would work :( our 4g is going to start on 1800 later this year and although it may get to other frequencies, it's highly unlikely to be 700!

Sooooo we'd probably need a UK 4g variant and the problem there is they'd again probably have to choose which network to support gulp.

Soooooo hmmmmmm! Im sure it'll have 4g for the US... whether it'll have a useable 4G chipset for the UK is a different matter.

catrancher
27-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Well I had another good look around and it's verrrry hard to tell.

The first problem is, at&t use a lower 700mhz band for 4glte and verizon use the upper 700mhz band. Until recently, there were no comms chips that could do both apparently :/ Qualcomm have just brought one out so it would be possible for apple to support both at&t and verizon with a single model phone now if they used that chip. Otherwise it'd be different models again.

Assuming they brought EITHER the at&t OR the verizon variant to the UK, neither would work :( our 4g is going to start on 1800 later this year and although it may get to other frequencies, it's highly unlikely to be 700!

Sooooo we'd probably need a UK 4g variant and the problem there is they'd again probably have to choose which network to support gulp.

Soooooo hmmmmmm! Im sure it'll have 4g for the US... whether it'll have a useable 4G chipset for the UK is a different matter.

Ohhh... let's hear it for non-standard standards! Hip, hip... :taunt:

Tom (:macwave:... my standard can beat up your standard.)

Skywatcher
27-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Probably one of the most irritating things I've seem from the leaks is the tiny charger suggesting a whole new interface and this will not please people who have spent a mint on Bose speakers etc

keith
27-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Probably one of the most irritating things I've seem from the leaks is the tiny charger suggesting a whole new interface and this will not please people who have spent a mint on Bose speakers etc

yeah I'm pretty sure it'll have a tiny charge *BUT* I'll put money on there being an adapter if not from apple, from a third party very very quickly :)

catrancher
27-08-2012, 08:12 PM
yeah I'm pretty sure it'll have a tiny charge *BUT* I'll put money on there being an adapter if not from apple, from a third party very very quickly :)

Yep. Saw just the other day there was going to be an adapter. We'll see how well that works out. :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... stickin' with my iPhone 4 thanks!)

Skywatcher
31-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Darn my home button seems to be playing up ;)

keith
31-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Darn my home button seems to be playing up ;)

oh NO! what will you do ;-) ;-) ;-)

catrancher
31-08-2012, 11:27 PM
Oh no! :shocked:

Are you also suffering the dimming display issue? :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... any excuse...)

Deafjeff
01-09-2012, 08:50 AM
I truly hope that this phone will be different. Was not too keen on what I have seen so far (granted it might be fake and I truly hope so!)

Skywatcher
03-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Oh no! :shocked:

Are you also suffering the dimming display issue? :unsure:

Tom (:macwave:... any excuse...)

I tried that but Lisa called me on squinting at the screen

mainecoon lover
09-09-2012, 04:34 PM
you don't reckon the 5 will have 4G then?

Can I ask why it would not. My iPhone 4s and dh both picked up 4G in Florida. I know you did not say you did not thinkit would have it.

keith
09-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Can I ask why it would not. My iPhone 4s and dh both picked up 4G in Florida. I know you did not say you did not thinkit would have it.

The iphone 4s doesn't have 4G.. the 4 in its name stands for 4th generation iphone.

What it DOES have is HSPA+ which is a 3G style technology but offering faster speeds using the same basic frequencies and chipsets.

If you connected to AT&T orlando prior to IOS 5.1, you would get a 3G symbol on your display, after the upgrade, AT&T pushed apple to report it as 4G (even though it's not what most people would consider as true 4G).

So obviously the phone wasn't doing true 4G or going any faster than it was before the upgrade but just the label had been changed.

When we're debating if the iphone 5 will have 4G we're talking proper 4G lte like Verizon have in Orlando :)

Britchick
12-09-2012, 12:14 PM
SO what time is kick off then? Will we be getting IOS5 too today?

keith
12-09-2012, 12:19 PM
SO what time is kick off then? Will we be getting IOS5 too today?

6pm I think? 1pm eastern...

you have IOS5 already missus, it's IOS6 you want and yep, you'll be getting that although whether it'll come out today for existing devices or closer to the iphone 5 launch time I dont know

Deafjeff
12-09-2012, 12:26 PM
6pm I think? 1pm eastern...

you have IOS5 already missus, it's IOS6 you want and yep, you'll be getting that although whether it'll come out today for existing devices or closer to the iphone 5 launch time I dont know

1pm for us :wiggle: I really hope that I would like the phone! :yes:

catrancher
12-09-2012, 12:42 PM
For anyone who's dying to know, here's the link to the MacWorld live feed of the event. This will be at 1:00PM EST.

Apple's Fall iPhone Event live blog (http://www.macworld.com/article/1168476/live_blog_apples_iphone_event.html)

Tom (:macwave:... IO, IO, it's IOS I go!)

Britchick
12-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Doh! Can't be an expert on everything :tongue:

mainecoon lover
12-09-2012, 02:29 PM
The iphone 4s doesn't have 4G.. the 4 in its name stands for 4th generation iphone.

What it DOES have is HSPA+ which is a 3G style technology but offering faster speeds using the same basic frequencies and chipsets.

If you connected to AT&T orlando prior to IOS 5.1, you would get a 3G symbol on your display, after the upgrade, AT&T pushed apple to report it as 4G (even though it's not what most people would consider as true 4G).

So obviously the phone wasn't doing true 4G or going any faster than it was before the upgrade but just the label had been changed.

When we're debating if the iphone 5 will have 4G we're talking proper 4G lte like Verizon have in Orlando :)

Ok thanks. All very confusing. Just been reading else where we will all be disappointed with no new iPhone later, is this true?

Anyone else having iCloud email problems, mine been down for 26 hours now yet hubby's is fine. I see others are reporting the fault.

Britchick
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
sorry tried looking for the link to watching it live but couldn't find it, could you post me a link please and i'll put it in my favourites :worship:

Wendy
12-09-2012, 04:58 PM
Tom posted a link in post 27 above :)

Britchick
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Tom posted a link in post 27 above :)

i swear i have something wrong with my brain at the moment! thanks Wendy

Wendy
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM

Will I need to upgrade when it's out as well Keith :unsure:

Britchick
12-09-2012, 05:01 PM
apple online store closed :yes:

keith
12-09-2012, 05:02 PM
Will I need to upgrade when it's out as well Keith :unsure:

yup but it'll be dead easy, you'll get a message on the phone saying it needs to download the upgrade, it'll do it over your wifi network, install itself, reboot your phone and voila. No need for cables and ickiness anymore :)

Wendy
12-09-2012, 05:06 PM
yup but it'll be dead easy, you'll get a message on the phone saying it needs to download the upgrade, it'll do it over your wifi network, install itself, reboot your phone and voila. No need for cables and ickiness anymore :)

Oh brilliant, thanks I'm new to all this :D I thought I had to look out for it and then download it onto itunes etc :lol:

catrancher
12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Note that it's taller. Room for 5 rows of icons on the screen. Not just 4 like the current iPhone.

Tom (:macwave:... ain't real-time cool!)

Deafjeff
12-09-2012, 05:40 PM
It looking good so far....

Britchick
12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
i want a nano!

Deafjeff
12-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Now I'm not sure what I think ho hum. What others think?

Britchick
12-09-2012, 06:37 PM
not getting a new phone as i don't need one but looking forward to playing with the new features of iOS 6

Wendy
12-09-2012, 06:41 PM
When are you ordering yours Keith :D

keith
12-09-2012, 06:42 PM
not getting a new phone as i don't need one but looking forward to playing with the new features of iOS 6

yeah no surprises in there, it's not a MUST HAVE but it'll be a lovely upgrade for anyone who wants a new phone. I'll be getting one.

The main thing really will be ios6 which will be available for everyone with 4/4s etc anyway next week so happy days really :D

Skywatcher
12-09-2012, 07:13 PM
I think it looks very nice to be honest. Wish it was a tiny bit bigger.

Intereste to see how much it costs over here on the various tariffs , O2 said they would call me once they knew, but we will see I guess

Skywatcher
12-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Any idea re the sim? I'm on a cheap tarrif at the moment so the temptation may be to buy one from apple direct and just ship the sim across from my O2 phone.

catrancher
12-09-2012, 07:32 PM
I was actually glad to see the iPod refresh too. Course, I just bought one of the previous nanos and I'm very pleased with it. But the new ones look quite nice.

One thing I do like about the older iPod Nano that I just got is the clip on it. I can clip it to my sleeve or belt and not have to worry about a case. Don't see a clip on any of the new ones.

For the most part, I think I'm set for the time being. IOS 6 notwithstanding.

I do have one thing I'm wondering about however. With the advent of a larger screen size on the iPhone, and the rumors of a smaller iPad coming, is the market driving toward a single integrated device that's both an iPad and an iPhone? Granted, the vendors wouldn't want that since they'd only get to sell one device instead of two but still, I can't help but wonder. :unsure:

What do you think?

Tom (:macwave:... interesting nonetheless...)

keith
12-09-2012, 07:38 PM
no word on the sim size yet :/ not conclusively anyway.

I REALLY thought it'd be nano sized even though I'd PREFER micro... but who knows! Either way the providers seem to have stocked up on nanos so if it DOES turn out that way it shouldnt be a big deal. Interesting that it's not in the specs though!

re convergence... I dont know. I dont enjoy browsing on any phone, not even the larger Samsung S3s etc whereas its very very usable on the ipad.

I think the only way it could happen would be if they came up with say a 6" device which was *SO* essential that we'd carry it round everywhere as a diary, wallet (with NFC to pay for stuff), note taker blah blah and it came with a tiny ear bud for phone comms.

I can't see a 4/5" device being good enough to replace an ipad for web, and likewise I cant see myself carry around a 7" tablet instead of a phone :/

Britchick
12-09-2012, 07:41 PM
have you seen how much they are? :unsure:

keith
have you seen how much they are? :unsure:

same prices as the 4s was at launch I think? maybe 30quid more (I think the 4s was 499? cant remember now)

Deafjeff
no word on the sim size yet :/ not conclusively anyway.

I REALLY thought it'd be nano sized even though I'd PREFER micro... but who knows! Either way the providers seem to have stocked up on nanos so if it DOES turn out that way it shouldnt be a big deal. Interesting that it's not in the specs though!

re convergence... I dont know. I dont enjoy browsing on any phone, not even the larger Samsung S3s etc whereas its very very usable on the ipad.

I think the only way it could happen would be if they came up with say a 6" device which was *SO* essential that we'd carry it round everywhere as a diary, wallet (with NFC to pay for stuff), note taker blah blah and it came with a tiny ear bud for phone comms.

I can't see a 4/5" device being good enough to replace an ipad for web, and likewise I cant see myself carry around a 7" tablet instead of a phone :/

Hi it is nano size im with tmobile and no idea if they would exchange my sim for nano size :unsure:

Britchick
12-09-2012, 07:42 PM
they were from £529? i thought it was £400 something

keith
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
they were from £529? i thought it was £400 something

I kinda had 499 in my mind for the 4/4s when it first arrived so maybe 30 more expensive... unless I'm misremembering and the 4 really was cheaper?

Britchick
12-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I kinda had 499 in my mind for the 4/4s when it first arrived so maybe 30 more expensive... unless I'm misremembering and the 4 really was cheaper?

i can't remember, just seems kind of expensive LOL, it's funny how a single digit difference can make you think that

keith
12-09-2012, 07:51 PM
i can't remember, just seems kind of expensive LOL, it's funny how a single digit difference can make you think that

well the iphone 4 was £499 I found the invoice for that one :)

I THINK the 4s was the same

So... 5 is a touch more but not much

Britchick
12-09-2012, 07:56 PM
well the iphone 4 was £499 I found the invoice for that one :)

I THINK the 4s was the same

So... 5 is a touch more but not much

Wow LOL

Skywatcher
12-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Yep definitely nano according the apple website. The price looks cheap on the us site compared with the uk

Have to wait and see what the price and packages are like with O2 I guess, hope I can keep my number as I have a very cool one at the moment

keith
12-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Yep definitely nano according the apple website.

oo really? I'll go back and look!

keith
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
yep

iPhone 5 is just 7.6 millimeters thin. To make that happen, Apple engineers had to think small, component by component. They created a nano-SIM card, which is 44 percent smaller than a micro-SIM.

Darn :/ means I'll have to persuade voda to send me one before the phone comes which seems unlikely

Johnie
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
This is all Alysia has been talking about for WEEKS! She has my old 4 and I upgraded last Jan/Feb to the 4S. She's eligible to upgrade in late Oct for $199. I can't upgrade till Aug 27, 2013! I figure by then yet another edition will be out shortly thereafter :tongue:

Deafjeff
12-09-2012, 10:59 PM
It might be a strange question but what so good about the iPhone 5?

Skywatcher
13-09-2012, 09:29 AM
Its new and shiny and you will probably want one as soon as you hold one

Its bigger
Its thinner
Its lighter
Its faster

Better cameras front and back ( certainly cf my 4 )

cool maps

It looks really cool , from the photos anyway

Down side it is very expensive and likley to be low on stock levels

A judgement call this one I think esp as O2 keep offering me a free 4s

Deafjeff
13-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Its new and shiny and you will probably want one as soon as you hold one

Its bigger
Its thinner
Its lighter
Its faster

Better cameras front and back ( certainly cf my 4 )

cool maps

It looks really cool , from the photos anyway

Down side it is very expensive and likley to be low on stock levels

A judgement call this one I think esp as O2 keep offering me a free 4s

Thanks!

I do miss my HTC one x so not sure if should stay with iPhone 5 or change for HTC one x as I'm dreadfully bored of iPhone but don't want to leave apple ecosystem sigh...

Britchick
13-09-2012, 11:42 AM
devils advocate here but what more do you want a phone to be able to do? what would be the features that made it the dogs?

keith
13-09-2012, 11:54 AM
devils advocate here but what more do you want a phone to be able to do? what would be the features that made it the dogs?

yeah I think we're at the point where most of the normal features are there and the extras are kinda ooo and ahhh but not really used every day.

So to be honest the iphone 5 has made a phone still usable in one hand, great looking, faster, better screen, better day to day featuers.

I'm happy enough :)

catrancher
13-09-2012, 12:12 PM
My DW took a look at it on the news this morning. Then she had a conversation with me. It went something like this:

Her: Oh! Look! The new iPhone thingy.

Me: Like that, do you?

Her: Ohhhh... shiny.

Me: Want one?

Her: Nope.

Me: Why not?

Her: It won't fit in my purse.

Me: Yes dear.

I officially give up. :surrender:

Tom (:macwave:... Dooney and Bourke wins out over the iPhone 5! :cheer:)

Britchick
13-09-2012, 12:26 PM
My DW took a look at it on the news this morning. Then she had a conversation with me. It went something like this:

Her: Oh! Look! The new iPhone thingy.

Me: Like that, do you?

Her: Ohhhh... shiny.

Me: Want one?

Her: Nope.

Me: Why not?

Her: It won't fit in my purse.

Me: Yes dear.

I officially give up. :surrender:

Tom (:macwave:... Dooney and Bourke wins out over the iPhone 5! :cheer:)

well buy her a bigger Dooney and Bourke to put it in ;)

catrancher
13-09-2012, 12:30 PM
well buy her a bigger Dooney and Bourke to put it in ;)

Naw. I think I'll let the particular sleeping dog lie. :doggy2:

Tom (:macwave:... trying to keep the buttered side up...)

Wendy
13-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Thanks!

I do miss my HTC one x so not sure if should stay with iPhone 5 or change for HTC one x as I'm dreadfully bored of iPhone but don't want to leave apple ecosystem sigh...

Chris was thinking about the iphone 5, but he's decided he's sticking with his Samsung Galaxy 2 for now. He prefers to have more flexibility to change things and do what he wants rather than being tied to what Apple will allow you to do :shrug:

He said the same as you, he'd get bored and would find the iphone too basic after a while.

So I guess you need to decide if you really want to stick with Apple for your phone :shrug: The Galaxy S3 is bigger than the S2 but Keith will be able to tell you if there is any other difference. It's not as big as the Note you had though, that was huge :lol:

Skywatcher
13-09-2012, 07:39 PM
If you get the chance watch the keynote Jeff it does show there is an awful lot more to the 5 than meets the eye :)

Deafjeff
13-09-2012, 08:30 PM
If you get the chance watch the keynote Jeff it does show there is an awful lot more to the 5 than meets the eye :)

Thanks! Which website should I look out for?

Deafjeff
13-09-2012, 08:31 PM
Chris was thinking about the iphone 5, but he's decided he's sticking with his Samsung Galaxy 2 for now. He prefers to have more flexibility to change things and do what he wants rather than being tied to what Apple will allow you to do :shrug:

He said the same as you, he'd get bored and would find the iphone too basic after a while.

So I guess you need to decide if you really want to stick with Apple for your phone :shrug: The Galaxy S3 is bigger than the S2 but Keith will be able to tell you if there is any other difference. It's not as big as the Note you had though, that was huge :lol:

Mmmhhh it is a bit of dilemma is it?

Deafjeff
13-09-2012, 08:32 PM
yeah I think we're at the point where most of the normal features are there and the extras are kinda ooo and ahhh but not really used every day.

So to be honest the iphone 5 has made a phone still usable in one hand, great looking, faster, better screen, better day to day featuers.

I'm happy enough :)

Good point :yes:

Skywatcher
14-09-2012, 08:27 AM
Hmm interesting - EE are rolling out 4G on the hurry up - O2 who I am with at the moment aren't and the bands they are bidding on in the UK are not compatible with the iPhone 5 - there is rumour that they will offer an 'early upgrade' to another 4G phone in 6 months which doesn't interest me at all

So if you are all about the 4G compatibility then it may pay to watch and wait for a bit

keith
14-09-2012, 09:44 AM
Hmm interesting - EE are rolling out 4G on the hurry up - O2 who I am with at the moment aren't and the bands they are bidding on in the UK are not compatible with the iPhone 5 - there is rumour that they will offer an 'early upgrade' to another 4G phone in 6 months which doesn't interest me at all

So if you are all about the 4G compatibility then it may pay to watch and wait for a bit

I'd forget 4G over here for a while.. there'll be another iphone out before anything REALLY happens with 4G! EE (orange/tmobile) were able to get more space on 1800 for 4G which gives them an early chance but they'd still have to roll out across their transmitters which won't be instant.

voda/o2 are looking at lower bands which have better penetration so may ironically be better/need less towers etc. but the lower bands can interfere with freeview tv in some areas and SOME of the bands they want wont be free till 2015

So 4G is going to be a mess, and a lengthy implementation.

In the meantime, 3g/hspa+ etc is going to get better and phones are going to be more compatible as chips are developed to cover more ranges simultaneously.

Right now, o2 are the only uk network offering visual voicemail on iphone. I think i'd rather have THAT + good 3G than a small area covered by EE 4G ;-)

(sadly I'm on voda with work which has neither but there you go)

Deafjeff
14-09-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm still undecided if should stay with iPhone 4s or move on to iPhone 5.

I have to admit that I am still thinking about getting an android phone but I do háve complete apple ecosystem etc.

Sigh....

Skywatcher
14-09-2012, 01:01 PM
wel... as last time O2 have nothing on their site at all - Orange T mobile and Vodaphone all have their tarrifs and handset costs all up , absolute nada from O2

keith
14-09-2012, 01:09 PM
wel... as last time O2 have nothing on their site at all - Orange T mobile and Vodaphone all have their tarrifs and handset costs all up , absolute nada from O2

tbh they're all iffy

Vodafone dont know how many they have, whats in stock, and they cant say when they'll be able to give the new nano sims out - probably not at LEAST until launch day and then for new customers etc.

Year after year they make the same old basic mistakes.

Notice how they're all axing 18mth contracts and going for 12 (very very expensive) or 24 (encouraged) mth ones :(

It makes more and more sense to buy the phone outright and then just stick in a pay as you go sim

Skywatcher
14-09-2012, 02:32 PM
tbh they're all iffy

Vodafone dont know how many they have, whats in stock, and they cant say when they'll be able to give the new nano sims out - probably not at LEAST until launch day and then for new customers etc.

Year after year they make the same old basic mistakes.

Notice how they're all axing 18mth contracts and going for 12 (very very expensive) or 24 (encouraged) mth ones :(

It makes more and more sense to buy the phone outright and then just stick in a pay as you go sim

£600 - ouch :eek:

Britchick
14-09-2012, 05:34 PM
we found out recently that we get 20% discount on all vodafone contracts, got Dan's 4s on it

Skywatcher
14-09-2012, 06:32 PM
O2 are genius :lol:

They texted me just as I got home from a bad day at work asking if I wanted to upgrade to an iPhone 5

Offered me a 'deal' as I had been with them a while now

32gb black handset for £249 and £26 a month for 24 months for unlimited minutes and texts and 1gb download

I will get £160 for my iPhone 4 through them as well

Pretty happy with that , all bought and paid for so will just wait for them to send me the phone when it comes, I presume as an 'upgrade' I can keep my number and I hope they simply send me a clone of the sim I have at the moment in nano form.

That wasn't really 'waiting' was it :lol:

keith
14-09-2012, 06:37 PM
:lol: yayayayayaya

I think you did well there :yes:

Deafjeff
14-09-2012, 06:41 PM
O2 are genius :lol:

They texted me just as I got home from a bad day at work asking if I wanted to upgrade to an iPhone 5

Offered me a 'deal' as I had been with them a while now

32gb black handset for £249 and £26 a month for 24 months for unlimited minutes and texts and 1gb download

I will get £160 for my iPhone 4 through them as well

Pretty happy with that , all bought and paid for so will just wait for them to send me the phone when it comes, I presume as an 'upgrade' I can keep my number and I hope they simply send me a clone of the sim I have at the moment in nano form.

That wasn't really 'waiting' was it :lol:

Fab news!

Skywatcher
14-09-2012, 06:52 PM
They sold out of black 32gb in less than 20 minutes I'm reading on the forums ! They must the fore have some idea of how many they are getting then I suppose.

It will all come down to how avaliable the nano sims are I guess.

I know it's pricey but the cost after I have traded in the 4 will be £85 and the monthly tarrif isnt crazy for unlimited texts and minutes

It was an impulse but I don't have buyer regret .... Yet :lol:

keith
14-09-2012, 07:09 PM
eeek.. I ordered the 32GB black as well (although from voda) I was hoping the 16 would be the most popular so I'd have more chance with the 32. Doesn't sound likely though. Doh! :lol:

Deafjeff
14-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Ouch! Will have a play when we get home before deciding of should get one

Skywatcher
14-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Looks like sims will ship with the phones then you will be able to port envy thing across.

Wendy
14-09-2012, 08:55 PM
we found out recently that we get 20% discount on all vodafone contracts, got Dan's 4s on it

What group is that for :unsure:

Britchick
14-09-2012, 09:43 PM
What group is that for :unsure:

Armed forces

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/campaigns/employee-advantage-mod/faqs/index.htm

Wendy
14-09-2012, 10:00 PM
I wasn't sure, I just wondered because Orange give 20% off for Public Sector, Schools and Health Service.

josh.p.
14-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Has anyone ever used the Phones4U upgrade options? I am coming up to the 12 month mark of my contract (which is 18 months) and the colleague there said they offer a plan where they buy you out of your contract if you take it out through them. I was thinking of taking out a new contract. There's a really good one on Voda for the iPhone 5. £37 unlimited calls and texts, 2gb data and £99 for the phone. I pay more than that for my 4s!!

keith
14-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Has anyone ever used the Phones4U upgrade options? I am coming up to the 12 month mark of my contract (which is 18 months) and the colleague there said they offer a plan where they buy you out of your contract if you take it out through them. I was thinking of taking out a new contract. There's a really good one on Voda for the iPhone 5. £37 unlimited calls and texts, 2gb data and £99 for the phone. I pay more than that for my 4s!!

Ive not personally but I know people who have.

Generally speaking they add the price of buying you out onto your monthly payments.... so if you have 6 months left at say 30quid, that's 180 they'll want to add to your deal somehow.

It's worth asking them though!

josh.p.
14-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Ive not personally but I know people who have.

Generally speaking they add the price of buying you out onto your monthly payments.... so if you have 6 months left at say 30quid, that's 180 they'll want to add to your deal somehow.

It's worth asking them though!
From what they explained to me.. they take your current phone as money off, too? Which I wouldn't mind doing- saves me eBaying it!

keith
14-09-2012, 10:50 PM
From what they explained to me.. they take your current phone as money off, too? Which I wouldn't mind doing- saves me eBaying it!

yep that's for sure! they have a tie in with a phone disposal place and so they'll take your phone and give you X back which goes against your 6 months outstanding.

All in all it's a decent enough way to get out of a contract early as long as the deal offered is decent.. but it's a bit like buying a car, the dealership will sell you on one part, only 500 a month (small print over 60 months) or small deposit (small print, high interest rate). So you have to look at the overall deal and not "want it" so much that it blinds you to a bad deal.

Deafjeff
14-09-2012, 11:07 PM
yep that's for sure! they have a tie in with a phone disposal place and so they'll take your phone and give you X back which goes against your 6 months outstanding.

All in all it's a decent enough way to get out of a contract early as long as the deal offered is decent.. but it's a bit like buying a car, the dealership will sell you on one part, only 500 a month (small print over 60 months) or small deposit (small print, high interest rate). So you have to look at the overall deal and not "want it" so much that it blinds you to a bad deal.

That very useful to know thanks!

I am with tmobile and háve unlimited tethering which is god send! Stephen got 8 months left so he may have a look to see if he can change his phone. Just an idea to play with.

Will have a peep at the new phone next weekend and shall share what I think.

Britchick
15-09-2012, 07:20 AM
I'm not too keen on going through the phones 4u/carphone warehouse route. I had a fault with my phone last time within a month and it took me forever to get through to them then they wouldn't do anything. Went into the apple store and they did change it for me on the spot. I vowed I'd never go with Vodafone again though after them harassing me after my last contract ended! I'm running out of options now! If I'd have got your offer Chris I would have snapped it up though, look forward to hearing what you all think of it. Anyone managing to see one in store yet?

Skywatcher
15-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah I'm still pretty happy this morning, I'm upgrading from a 4 as well so it's a bigger jump for me. Price wasn't too bad ESP if you take off what I'll get through recycle . O2 seem to give good money for old phones esp. Apple ones

The keynote really does explain so much more than the list of bullet point 'upgrade facts'

Thomas really really wants a 5th gen touch now :lol:

Wait to see how long it takes to come, I won't be gutted if it isn't Friday

catrancher
15-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Yeah I'm still pretty happy this morning

You sound just a wee bit like an Apple addict. :taunt:

Tom (:macwave:... good for you!)

josh.p.
15-09-2012, 07:51 PM
I've had a look around, they'd give me £250 for my phone, it costs me £280 to buy me out of my contract so I might just suck up the £30 and pay for a completely new contract.

keith
15-09-2012, 08:00 PM
I've had a look around, they'd give me £250 for my phone, it costs me £280 to buy me out of my contract so I might just suck up the £30 and pay for a completely new contract.

Then how much to get the new phone?

josh.p.
15-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Then how much to get the new phone?
£99 which isn't bad really.

keith
15-09-2012, 09:46 PM
£99 which isn't bad really.

that's not bad at all! how much a month is the contract?

Britchick
16-09-2012, 08:49 AM
You know the new maps thing, can it be used as a sat nav? Also will the 4 get the full upgrade? My sat nav is now 7 years old and it nearly got chucked out of the car yesterday as its so out of date!

catrancher
16-09-2012, 12:50 PM
You know the new maps thing, can it be used as a sat nav? Also will the 4 get the full upgrade? My sat nav is now 7 years old and it nearly got chucked out of the car yesterday as its so out of date!

Yes, it can be used that way. And it's voice navigation. It will tell you where to turn.

But not on the iPhone 4. Here's the list of devices it will work on:

iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 or later, and iPod touch (5th generation)

And BTW, turn by turn navigation is available on these in the UK.

Tom (:macwave:... quick... turn here!)

Britchick
16-09-2012, 01:02 PM
Yes, it can be used that way. And it's voice navigation. It will tell you where to turn.

But not on the iPhone 4. Here's the list of devices it will work on:

iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPad 2 or later, and iPod touch (5th generation)

And BTW, turn by turn navigation is available on these in the UK.

Tom (:macwave:... quick... turn here!)

thank you but boo! lol, any recommendations for sat nav app then? don't mind paying for a decent one

catrancher
16-09-2012, 01:09 PM
thank you but boo! lol, any recommendations for sat nav app then? don't mind paying for a decent one

Actually, I wouldn't recommend one just yet. Until IOS 6 hits the bricks and has time to settle in. With the new Apple based Maps API, there's probably going to be updates to these apps and it remains to be seen what the developers will come up with. If I were you, I'd be patient just a while longer.
Then we can talk. :wink:

Tom (:macwave:... waiting on the upgrade...)

Claire
16-09-2012, 02:11 PM

Try Waze. I find it very good. Tells me when I'm approaching traffic, obstruction in road etc.

Britchick
16-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Thank you both :)

josh.p.
16-09-2012, 03:43 PM
that's not bad at all! how much a month is the contract?
It is either £33 with 600 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data, 24 month contract which is the only snag :shrug: Or an extra £3 for unlimited calls.

Deafjeff
16-09-2012, 11:22 PM
It is either £33 with 600 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data, 24 month contract which is the only snag :shrug: Or an extra £3 for unlimited calls.

That is brilliant. Which network?

Skywatcher
17-09-2012, 03:48 PM

;)

catrancher
17-09-2012, 04:11 PM

Betcha 3 comes next. :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... capable of higher math... or not.)

josh.p.
18-09-2012, 07:13 AM
That is brilliant. Which network?

Voda :)

Skywatcher
18-09-2012, 08:37 AM

( :macwave:Tom is like a genius or summat )

josh.p.
18-09-2012, 09:01 AM
The only thing that worries me is that voda might have great prices in case they don't get 4g straight away??

keith
18-09-2012, 09:18 AM
The only thing that worries me is that voda might have great prices in case they don't get 4g straight away??

Voda have always had good pricing v the others (three excluded) We're with them for business and have been for some time.

I'm trying to think of the best way to describe voda. They don't feel as well put together as o2/orange. Like the online portal kinda works, in a fashion but it's nowhere near as slick as o2 or orange. HOWEVER network wise, always been good for us which is perhaps the main thing.

In terms of 4G, both o2 and voda are bidding for what they see as the main 4G spectrum next year and to buy more, they had to give up some of their existing capacity which they sold to EE (orange+tmobile). The frequency they sold 1800 has meant that EE will be the first in the UK to support 4G on a frequency the iphone5 can support.

It's unlikely IMHO that o2/voda will support 4G on the iphone 5 for years ... I suspect what'll happen is they'll get their 4G frequencies next year and then will work with apple and others to support them on future phones.

How much you worry about 4G though is a different matter. Im mostly on wifi and 3g is just a backup for me. When I need it it's pretty good for what I do... email and a bit of web.

catrancher
18-09-2012, 11:26 AM

( :macwave:Tom is like a genius or summat )

Wow! WhadIwin? :unsure:

I bet if I put on my thinking hat, I can get the next one too! :yes:

Now wait....

Don't tell me.....

Um......

Errr.......

Hmmm... this one's tough...

I'll take a guess. How about:

Tom (:macwave:... who needs a Mater smiley.)

Beccaberry
18-09-2012, 12:31 PM
A little geek humor, because, well, I am.

12730.vB

Skywatcher
20-09-2012, 06:58 PM
Picked up a nano sim from O2 today ported the number across and it is currently sat in my 4 nestled in an adaptor ready to pop straight into my 5 when it comes tomorrow. :)

Deafjeff
20-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Picked up a nano sim from O2 today ported the number across and it is currently sat in my 4 nestled in an adaptor ready to pop straight into my 5 when it comes tomorrow. :)

You must be looking forward to tomorrow!

keith
20-09-2012, 07:25 PM

yeah I've done the same with voda although they didnt supply an adapter so had to buy one :/

Beccaberry
20-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Will the two of you even be able to sleep!?!?

Skywatcher
20-09-2012, 09:36 PM
No but nothing to do with phones ;)

Beccaberry
20-09-2012, 09:48 PM
Fear of clowns?

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 08:22 AM
Out for delivery - :) will look forward to having a play tonight

keith
21-09-2012, 08:23 AM

yayayayayayayay :D

keith
21-09-2012, 11:10 AM
12767.vB

Deafjeff
21-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Wow looking good! :yes:

catrancher
21-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Oh... shiny! :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... must be new Apple toy day somewhere!)

Clarkkent
21-09-2012, 12:00 PM

Are we still talking about the phone here....? :laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 01:23 PM
Yes...yes I am

:D

C'mon Keith - you show me yours and I'll show you mine later ;) take it outta the box man and give us a review

keith
21-09-2012, 01:25 PM
C'mon Keith - you show me yours and I'll show you mine later ;)

Well I've never been one to say no to that ;-)

take it outta the box man and give us a review

Absolutely awesome tbh. WAY better than I thought/expected.

It looks and feels so well made. So much nicer feel than the plasticy phones around these days.

keith
21-09-2012, 01:31 PM
12769.vB

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Watching the keynote ( like the sad fanboy I have become) it was obvious the level of engineering that had gone into this phone is a step beyond.

What are the earbuds like? listening to Jonny Ive talky about those was really very interesting as well

keith
21-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Watching the keynote ( like the sad fanboy I have become) it was obvious the level of engineering that had gone into this phone is a step beyond.

What are the earbuds like? listening to Jonny Ive talky about those was really very interesting as well

honestly not tried them... the earphones for all my iphones have lived in the box because I Dont use them for music, but theyre certainly packed nicely :lol:

keith
21-09-2012, 01:38 PM
None for months then they all turn up at once
12770.vB

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 01:45 PM
er.. that may be mine then :unsure: Lisa says mine isn't here yet :mental:

By the way bud - that picture of the charger is waaay blurry - I thought the camera was supposed tro be better :lol:

on that front how is the panorama function - and don't tell me you haven't done one of your office :D

keith
21-09-2012, 01:46 PM
12771.vB

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 02:02 PM
mmm shiney - bet the back looks lovely.

Took my 4 out of its protective case on wednesday and I've fallen in love with its styling all over again - shame it has been hidden all this time under a plastic cover -especiallya fter all the hard work taht goes into crafting it

keith
21-09-2012, 02:04 PM
mmm shiney - bet the back looks lovely.

Took my 4 out of its protective case on wednesday and I've fallen in love with its styling all over again - shame it has been hidden all this time under a plastic cover -especiallya fter all the hard work taht goes into crafting it

exactly!

I've ALWAYS fitted cases to mine but with the 4 I did exactly what you've done and thought what a waste. So I decided thereafter to just do a screen protector film back and front to enjoy the phone. Bit more risky perhaps but I'm mega careful anyway

Johnie
21-09-2012, 02:11 PM
My iPhones have always been carefully protected in an Otter box. I told Alysia she couldn't even have my old one unless she promised to never take the Otter box off. She's a destroyer of phones lol

Britchick
21-09-2012, 02:12 PM
[quote="Skywatcher, post: 292394"]Yes...yes I am

:D

And there was me thinking middle age didn't start till 55 now! Lol

PS I think I'm wavering, I am a spineless consumerist :(

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I have a 'significant' birthday coming up very soon :mental: but I actually feel much much older :D

Julie , it is enevitable you do realise that , so why fight it :D

oh and ... tappy foot smiley where the heck has my UKmail delivery chap got to

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 03:35 PM
It has arrived :D

need my day to end soon :D

keith
21-09-2012, 03:37 PM
It has arrived :D

need my day to end soon :D

yayayayayayaya

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 03:50 PM
See the queues at the Apple store in London have broken the record for longest retail queue in the UK at 1,200 and something smashing the 4s at 700odd !! - All this in a recession - blimey

Actually if they all paid £500 odd for the 5 and they had enough in stock thats more than £600,000 through the tills that morning straight off

catrancher
21-09-2012, 03:54 PM
For anybody who's wondering what the ohhhs... and ahhhs... are all about, take a look at what Jony Ive, Bob Mansfield, and Scott Forstall have to say about the new iPhone 5 and it's associated manufacturing processes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNsGNlDb6xY

Stunning! :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... currently behind the times.)

keith
21-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Crazy the way the design always makes the older one look ancient even though it looked new the day before :lol:

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Well finally got home

Hands down and without question

The most beautiful Apple product ever.

Anyone who is wavering and thinking 'I'll wait and see'

When you see one you will want one and you will want one now

Unbelievably light slim and gorgeous to the touch, feels smaller and bigger at the same time :lol:

Feels light years ahead of the 4 - and i have to admit I was very skeptical about it I really was.

catrancher
21-09-2012, 06:38 PM
Well finally got home

Hands down and without question

The most beautiful Apple product ever.

Anyone who is wavering and thinking 'I'll wait and see'

When you see one you will want one and you will want one now

Unbelievably light slim and gorgeous to the touch, feels smaller and bigger at the same time :lol:

Feels light years ahead of the 4 - and i have to admit I was very skeptical about it I really was.

Why, you little fanboy you! :taunt:

Tom (:macwave:... my work here is done! :exit:)

Beccaberry
21-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Have promised to wait til May, have promised to wait til May, have promised to wait til May.....

I'm not going to make it, am I?

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 06:49 PM
No no you are not.

Beccaberry
21-09-2012, 06:58 PM
I was afraid you'd say that...

Tinkerbell
21-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Want. Not allowed. Not fair! :hopmad::stormmad::hopmad:

Claire
21-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Stuck with a 4 till June. Sucks to be me. :cry1:

Deafjeff
21-09-2012, 07:17 PM
I will be doing some serious phone shopping tomorrow :yes:

I will pop into apple store tomorrow and will have a look at iPhone 5 however I will also consider Samsung S3 and HTC x one

Anything I need to consider?

Clarkkent
21-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Also stuck with the 4 until May next year. :cry:

Will wait to see what Jeff gets so I can have a look and have a few months to decide.

Beccaberry
21-09-2012, 07:23 PM
Also stuck with the 4 until May next year. :cry:

Will wait to see what Jeff gets so I can have a look and have a few months to decide.

Well, I, too have a "significant" birthday in May, and I've been told I'm impossible to buy for, so I was made to promise I wouldn't buy the iPhone 5 before so I could be given it as a gift. I'm not going to make it though. Perhaps I'll let him keep the box it came in, and wrap it up for me for my birthday :)

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Or he can get you the 5s ;)

Beccaberry
21-09-2012, 07:29 PM
He would sooner slit his own throat.

Johnie
21-09-2012, 07:48 PM
I can't upgrade till the end of August! Lol I figure there will be a newer edition out by then

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Erm .. Using it now on my home wifi and the Internet has never been quicker on any device. Not sure how that can be but it's instant ! Or is it my imagination ?

keith
21-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Erm .. Using it now on my home wifi and the Internet has never been quicker on any device. Not sure how that can be but it's instant ! Or is it my imagination ?

it does have faster wifi but that really shouldn't make a huge difference, yet Im with you, click on something and bang it's there. I've not seen anyone else comment on it but it's very noticeable to me.

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm amazed if no one else does pick up on it as it really is astonishingly fast.

Only played for 20 mins or so but I'm afraid I'm rather in love with it. Siri is obviously new to me as we'll and sending a text hands free is very cool.

Much prefer it to the S3 I played with last week, feels lovely in the hand and actually feels like a really significant change from the 4.

keith
21-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Much prefer it to the S3 I played with last week, feels lovely in the hand and actually feels like a really significant change from the 4.

yeah I'm no Android fan that's for sure. The S3 is a very nice example of an android phone but still it's plasticy and toylike compared to the iphone5 IMHO. Of course, choice of operating system is very personal and if someone were an android fan, the S3 would be great.

I think today's launch of the iphone 5 will make all the other phones out there now look old clunky thick and plastic. Huge statement to make but that's how I feel when I compare them. I think it'll have designers rushing to catch up again.

All that from a phone that everyone including me said is "just a taller iphone4"

Skywatcher
21-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Screen looks less reflective as well

Britchick
22-09-2012, 08:33 AM
I don't have a contract and haven't since March. 12 or 24 month contract? Lol

Skywatcher
22-09-2012, 08:58 AM
24 the 12s are way overpriced IMO.

If you hold one you will want one.

Beccaberry
22-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Hmmmm the boy has offered to buy my 4...so technically I could say I'm doing it for him...

Britchick
22-09-2012, 10:42 AM
24 the 12s are way overpriced IMO.

If you hold one you will want one.

i have a chart.... because of the 20% it makes the higher contract/lower initial outlay a better deal. Thinking of the 32GB I am ashamed of myself :sorry:

Skywatcher
22-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Don't be. Carpe Diem ,life is painfully short and unpredictable.

keith
22-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Don't be. Carpe Diem ,life is painfully short and unpredictable.

:yeahthat:

Britchick
22-09-2012, 11:46 AM
white one now or black one in a few weeks...mmm i have a white ipad and like that

are there any covers out yet do you know?

keith
22-09-2012, 11:50 AM
white one now or black one in a few weeks...mmm i have a white ipad and like that

are there any covers out yet do you know?

Both colours look great. I prefer black but if you like your white ipad, this looks BETTER Than the white ipad IMHO because of the silver on the back (also looks a bit harder to damage perhaps as well).

There are covers and screen protectors out yep. I've already fully protected mine front/back but I'm not going to put it in a full case because it would just hide the looks :)

Britchick
22-09-2012, 11:52 AM
did you get your protectors in the apple store? i am awful at putting them on, the US apple stores will happily put them on for you but when i've asked here they refuse to do it :(

keith
22-09-2012, 12:06 PM
did you get your protectors in the apple store? i am awful at putting them on,

Nah I dont think the official ones, the ones I prefer (power support) aren't out yet :( so I got some other type just because I didnt want it unprotected for a day.

It depends what type you get as to how hard they are really. The power support/belkin ones are quite "hard" and easy to put on

the US apple stores will happily put them on for you but when i've asked here they refuse to do it :(

yeah the US stores are crazy for it! I got some 4s covers from there and the guy said wait 5 and I'll put it on for you. I Said nah I'm REALLY fussy I'll do it. We joked for awhile about who was better :lol: then he all but grabbed my phone and did it! In fairness, it was fast and perfect :( so I couldn't moan :lol:

Skywatcher
22-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Not putting mine in a case that would be like putting Keira knightly in a burka

keith
22-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Not putting mine in a case that would be like putting Keira knightly in a burka

:rotfl: :rotfl: perfect !

Britchick
22-09-2012, 12:22 PM
right i have done all the sums and what's better for me, i don't need a 32GB with the cloud as when i watch movies etc i take the iPad, don't often listen to music out and about. Gone for a 12 month contract as it worked out better and i have the choice of 'not' getting a 5S when they come out next year LOL

Beccaberry
22-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Guess who's up and getting dressed to go have a wander in the verizon store before anyone wakes up...

keith
22-09-2012, 12:27 PM
:wiggle::wiggle::wiggle::wiggle:

Clarkkent
22-09-2012, 03:59 PM
Jeff and I have just been to town to look at the iPhone 5. Despite being avid apple fans I have to say that we were both spectacularly unimpressed with the new phone. :(

While I admit the body looks better and the bigger screen is nicer.... That's about all I can think of saying. Luckily I don't upgrade until next year so I have time to look out for the "next big thing". If my contact was up for renewal right now I have to say I'd stick with the 4s rather than forking out for new 5. Shame really. :(

Deafjeff
23-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Keith and Chris, how you getting on with your iPhone 5?

Skywatcher
23-09-2012, 11:20 AM
Love it more than any iPhone ever had before. Seriously. I had low expectations but this is just wonderful.

Maps is awful though. We sat in Pizza Hut and this is where it told me it was. Not great in the rain with a baby !
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/23/e4ema8at.jpg

keith
23-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Love it more than any iPhone ever had before. Seriously. I had low expectations but this is just wonderful.

yeah really brilliant. Just feels such high quality

Maps is awful though. We sat in Pizza Hut and this is where it told me it was. Not great in the rain with a baby !

yeah. I don't use Maps BUT I tried it to see what everyone was talking about and it's rubbish :( they shouldn't have swapped from Google so soon.

I tried it against windows mobile and they're arguably even better than google now they've bought navtech who supply the maps for most of the car nav systems.

Skywatcher
23-09-2012, 07:23 PM
There were crazy queues all day long in Brighton at the apple store. Organised lines. Same for all the phone shops as well http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/09/24/vy6ery7u.jpg

Clarkkent
23-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Ha. Get you using the panoramic option ;)

Skywatcher
23-09-2012, 08:44 PM
I did that to run it in for all those queuing.

Never been so besotted with a phone. It's just pure class.

Wendy
23-09-2012, 09:13 PM
I'm surprised, the comments over here aren't positive about the 5 a lot of people seem very disappointed from what we've read.

Skywatcher
23-09-2012, 09:42 PM
With ios6 Wendy not really the phone

Wendy
24-09-2012, 02:16 AM
With ios6 Wendy not really the phone

No, not just iso6 - which is a huge disappointment, my battery is fine, but I keep having problems with wifi, but with the phone as well :shrug:

You and Keith are the only people I know that are happy with it.

Johnie
24-09-2012, 04:24 AM
A friend of mine received her phone this past Fri. She loves it! The only issues she has had have been with the update, not the phone. I'm not going to do the update yet. I'll wait for any kinks to be worked out first.

josh.p.
25-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Thoughts on o2 as a network??

Clarkkent
25-09-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm on O2. Signal pretty good most places though the tariffs not always what you might want. Gutted though they don't have unlimited tethering that 3 were offering (until last month).

Skywatcher
25-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Perfect for me Josh , good coverage in my neck of the woods and a 1GB is more than enough for my usage. Good customer service, the O2 rewards or moments ( cant remember the name) has saved us a lot of money at cinemas and off dominos pizza.

Plus the visual voicemail is a real bonus.

I should imagine most networks give good coverage near you though mate

keith
25-09-2012, 10:53 PM
yeah I like o2.

I can't use it for work because one of the guys is in an O2 dead spot but it would always be the network I'd choose for my personal accounts.

The only SLIGHT niggle with iphones is, EE (orange+tmobile) ARE going to have voice hd, visual voicemail AND 4G LTE in various areas increasing next year.

Still, I like O2 yep