PDA

View Full Version : Ann

daveann
30-08-2012, 10:27 PM
Hello everyone - my name's Dave and Ann was my wife - but I guess you may have known that already

Its taken me a little while to put this together - apologies for this

I wont go into the detail of the circumstances of what happened - it was a bad time - but I did see that Ann had relayed some of the progression of what occured - but the day we found out 2 weeks ago was something that I relive vividly in itself - but that was nothing compared to what was to happen

We have set the date of the service at the Bournemouth crematorium at 2.15 on friday being a week tomorrow (7th I think) - if you wish to come - please do - I would be happy to see you - though of course I know many of you are so far away - and please dont worry if you are unable to make it

Its the crematorium as Ann had always been very specific in the past about that side of things - there wont be flowers as Ann was never keen on flowers - I know thats a little unusual - but we thought we would keep it with what she liked - and thanks for the cards I have received as well

I know she really enjoyed her time with you all here - I know I had not started any posts before - but Ann showed me lots of the entries over time and I had contributed to some replies

I love Disney too - maybe not quite enough to want to go every year - but I knew how important it was to Ann - and we were lucky enough to fit in a few visits in the far too few short years we had together - in fact I remember that I was able to show Ann some parts of the parks that she was unaware of - there are so many happy memories of those times - and that makes me smile

I also remember the assistance and the gifts we received for our wedding - it was just the perfect day - for the perfect wife

I know how disappointed Ann was that we were not going to NY and we had read the recent posts that were put up by Mick I think it was, together - she so wanted to see the high line and all the sights

I have been truly touched with all the messages I have received - my apologies if I forgot to answer any - as well as the comments I saw on the earlier threads

I have also been impressed that you could see just what a lovely person Ann was - you can imagine how lucky I was - she was so devoted to me - I had never experienced anything like it - and we were so similar in our habits - soulmate may be an over used phrase - but it really was true

I would like to carry on as this name of daveann - though maybe not as often as Ann (!) - if just for the fact that she will live on in another way - because I know she will live on in all of you that knew her - and I will enjoy talking with you because in some small way I will be with Ann - so please feel free to message me if you like

Sorry not sure on the icons or tags - so hopefully this will all come out OK

Dave

Mari
30-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Thank you so much for writing Dave

:hug2:

Im at a loss for words at the moment, but thank you very much for coming over for a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnie
30-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Dave,
Thank you so much for taking the time to think of us. I will be there in spirit for the ceremony. Ann was a special friend and a very sweet woman. I'm glad I was able to know her.

Tink
31-08-2012, 12:29 AM
Hello Dave. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Ann was a much beloved member of this site, as you know. We feel we know you a bit too, as she always spoke so highly of you, and the completeness of her love for you. It is a truly wonderful gift, the love you have for each other.

Ann's enthusiasm for all things Disney was contagious. She shared all her excitement with us and we were all richer for having known her.

I do so hope you come here and join us when you can. We'll miss our Ann forever, but with you here, it will help us too.

Please take care and know that each one of us will be there with you on Friday.

uscwest
31-08-2012, 12:54 AM
Dave, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts on your lovely wife. Although we never met you and she in person it is like she was a member of the family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and the rest of your family.

arkvilla
31-08-2012, 01:27 AM
I'm sopleased you came on g=here to post about Ann, I wss going to message you on FB but as I only knew Ann I didn't know if it was the' done' thing.

I spoke to Ann on FB and read her recent posts about your anniversary, you are so right, she really was devoted to you and loved you with all her heart.

I'm so, so sorry for your loss Dave (and ours) Ann was such a lovely lady and it will be so nice if you can pop on here occasionally so we all know how you are doingg.

I'm in Florida at the moment so I can't make it on the 7th as we don't come hoem until the 9th but I will keep you all in my prayers

Sandra

Shellyamc
31-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Dave, it is so good to "see" you here. There really are no words..nothing pretty to say. Our world is a little less bright without her here and she will never be forgotten.

Thank you for sharing her with us...:hug2:

Tinker
31-08-2012, 04:30 AM
Dave, I don't come on here as much as I should, but uscwest. told me of Ann's illness and that she passe away . I'm absolutely numb . She was a lovely, giving friend . I remenber how excited she was when you & her got married in FLorida . She truly was devoted and very much in love with you . She will always be with you & watch over you . I cannot tell you how devastated I am that she passed . I wish I had been here to send positive vibes and talk with her . I will be with you in spirit . I'm so very sorry for your loss . :cry1:
May God be with you ! :hug2:

Lisa1976
31-08-2012, 06:56 AM
Lots of hugs for your Dave

Dawn
31-08-2012, 07:36 AM
There are no words Dave, nothing I could say would change anything.

Just know you are among friends and you will always be welcome here. :hug2:

MystikPiglit
31-08-2012, 07:48 AM
Dave, thank you for thinking of us and sharing your thoughts. I wish you all the strength you need at this difficult time. :hug2:

Britchick
31-08-2012, 08:08 AM
Sincerely sorry for your loss Dave, take care of yourself and feel free to talk to us anytime.

Wendy
31-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Just perfect Dave :hug2: and so very brave of you to be able to share your thoughts with us.

Ann will be missed greatly :( but she won't ever be forgotten, she was a lovely person and a caring friend.

Kate
31-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Dave, thank you for coming here and sharing all your thoughts, Ann was such a lovely person - im so sorry for your loss :(

You are most welcome here at any time :hug2:

Deafjeff
31-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Dave thank you for your message. It touched me.

We will be at Florida so will be there with you in mind and spirits.

:comfort:

Watchinherskip
31-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Dave, thank you for the posting. Ann was such a lovely soul...a gentle soul. I can only imagine your loss. Please accept my sympathies. Know that you and Ann were in our prayers and will continue to be in them.

Deb
31-08-2012, 01:42 PM
Dave :hug2: Thank you for coming here, and for sharing. You are truly among family here, and I am glad you have been able to see just how much we feel for Ann.

I miss her.

Dorothy
31-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I'm glad that you've decided to stay in touch with us and all of us are here for you any time you need :hug2:

lisaw
31-08-2012, 05:03 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss Dave, Ann will be missed and remembered warmly by all of us here.

Please stop by here whenever you want to, you are among friends and there will always be someone around for a chat.

Take care of yourself :hug2:

foreverducky
31-08-2012, 05:42 PM
There is nothing I can say that will make the hurt disappear. My prayer for you is strength to face every day with a sense of hope. Please take care of yourself. :hug2:

catrancher
31-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Dave,

I have no real idea of what to say.

I know what the same situation would do to me and it breaks my heart just to think about it. I can't even begin to imagine what this has done to you and the pain you must be going through.

Know that both you and Ann are in my thoughts and prayers.

Tom (:crywave:... that's all...)

lozzy
31-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I can't put into word what I'd like to say, but I just want you to know that I am so sorry for your loss.
I recently lost my granddad and it broken my heart, I can only imagine how you must be feeling to loss your sole mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robertcraig
31-08-2012, 08:47 PM
I can understand DAVES great sense of loss. I lost my wife in 2009 and we both loved FLORIDA AND DISNEY.At the moment i am still going back each year by myself but I do miss all the fun we shared.Life goes on but will never be the same

Suebeattie
31-08-2012, 09:19 PM
That was beautiful Dave! There is only one thing I can do :hug2:

:wiggle:

Esmeralda
01-09-2012, 01:22 PM
Bless your heart Dave, bless your heart XXXXXXXXXXX:hug2:

Mags
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Dave, how brave of you to come on so soon after Ann's passing. My heart goes out to you and your family at such a difficult time. Take care. x

Mags

Slowhand
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Dave, many thanks for posting on the site, it sure took a tremendous amount of courage for you to do so.

You obviously know how much we all felt about Ann, and our thoughts and prayers are now with you for your difficult times ahead.
We sincerely hope that you will keep in touch with us, as you are more than welcome to be a major part of our "family" here at Secrets.

Isafari
02-09-2012, 07:44 AM
:hug2: you're always welcome here Dave.
I miss Ann so much and can't imagine what you're going though right now.
My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sam
02-09-2012, 01:26 PM
My heart goes out to you Dave, nothing that we can say or do will help your pain, but just know that you are all in our heart and prayers. Ann was a very special person and her memory will go on through all of us.

Take care. :hug2::hug2::hug2:

mumof2
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM

daveann
03-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Many thanks to all the wishes - they are all very much appreciated ... and the hugs ..... - they are always nice to have......

Dorothy
03-09-2012, 01:29 PM
Wish I was there to hand out the hugs in person, but my thoughts are with you :hug2: :hug2:

Mike
04-09-2012, 04:09 PM
I know how disappointed Ann was that we were not going to NY and we had read the recent posts that were put up by Mick I think it was, together - she so wanted to see the high line and all the sights

Dave

I am truly sorry for your loss Dave, and know how much you were both looking forward to New York. I hope you find the strength to bear this awful tragedy and we will be thinking about you on Friday.

Mike

Tinkfan
04-09-2012, 08:54 PM
:hug2:I'm not sure I have the words to say how very sorry I am for your loss. I haven't been able to visit this site very often since I'm going through chemo as well. Ann will remain in my prayers as you will, I wish I could do and say more. The people on this site are an unbelievable source of comfort. Please let us help as best we can. With love and prayers, Trish

Claire
05-09-2012, 07:35 AM

Sam
06-09-2012, 02:42 PM
I shall be thinking of you tomorrow Dave. Sorry I can't be there but I will be saying a prayer for you and the family. :hug2::hug2::hug2:

Isafari
07-09-2012, 05:20 AM
Thinking of you today Dave :hug2:

Suebeattie
07-09-2012, 05:31 AM
Thinking of you and your family and friends today Dave :)

Britchick
07-09-2012, 06:25 AM
Thinking of you all today Dave :hug2:

Skywatcher
07-09-2012, 06:45 AM
So much love for you today

mumof2
07-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Thinking of you :hug2:

Deb
07-09-2012, 07:11 AM
Dave, I'll be thinking of you today, as well as remembering lovely Ann :hug2:

Esmeralda
07-09-2012, 08:10 AM
God bless on such a sad sad day :( XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX:hug2:

Claire
07-09-2012, 08:15 AM
Will be thinking of you today Dave. Much love.

Tink
07-09-2012, 09:43 AM
Sending strength to you today, Dave. Know that each one of us here will be with you today. :hug2:

Beccaberry
07-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Thinking of you and yours today, Dave. Sending light and peace xxoo

uscwest
07-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Love, peace and comfort Dave.

Wendy
07-09-2012, 12:26 PM
:hug2: :hug2:

Shellyamc
07-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Love to you and yours today..:hug2:

lisaw
07-09-2012, 02:14 PM

Dorothy
08-09-2012, 01:05 AM

Tinkfan
08-09-2012, 02:01 AM
:hug2::hug2::hug2:

Skywatcher
08-09-2012, 08:00 AM
Read the Olympic thread last night:sigh: just cannot get my head around this. It's too cruel

mainecoon lover
08-09-2012, 11:24 AM
So sorry for your loss :hug2:

Deafjeff
08-09-2012, 11:27 AM
:Comfort:

daveann
09-09-2012, 09:59 AM
thank you to everyone for your wishes - it meant a lot - the service was very emotional for all of us - I'm not ashamed to say that I was in floods of tears - I dont want her to leave me

Deafjeff
09-09-2012, 12:13 PM
thank you to everyone for your wishes - it meant a lot - the service was very emotional for all of us - I'm not ashamed to say that I was in floods of tears - I dont want her to leave me

uscwest
09-09-2012, 12:14 PM
:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2:These hugs don't seem sufficient Dave. God Bless you and your family.

Slowhand
09-09-2012, 01:59 PM
I dont want her to leave me
Ann will never leave you Dave.
You two will always be in our thoughts also. :hug2::hug2:

Sam
09-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Ann will never leave you Dave.
You two will always be in our thoughts also. :hug2::hug2:

She will be with your always. Remember we are here for you. :hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2:

Suebeattie
09-09-2012, 07:33 PM

lozzy
10-09-2012, 06:22 AM