PDA

View Full Version : Can I have your opinions please?

mumof2
13-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm just thinking about Christmas and had the idea that I could give Matthew a little camera to take to the skate parks for taking snaps and videos of his own and his friends stunts. I don't want to spend a fortune and came up with these two, what do you think?

I'm not 100% sure as I found it a nuisance to not have an separate viewfinder on my old Fuji when it was sunny or bright, though I did love the camera.

I wouldn't mind getting a little one for myself again as it drives me nuts carrying my big one around sometimes! If you can come up something better in the 50-75 ish range please do! Thanks xx

http://www.tesco.com/direct/fujifilm-finepix-jx500-digital-camera-27-lcd-blue/215-8297.prd?skuId=215-8297&pageLevel=sku

http://www.tesco.com/direct/vivitar-v536-red-digital-camera/215-4659.prd?skuId=215-4659&pageLevel=

Johnie
15-09-2012, 04:03 AM
I'm by no means a camera expert but I'd go with the Fuji. Fuji is a good brand. Vivitar always makes me think of a cheaply made product (I could be totally wrong about this though!!)

I have a Panasonic Lumix that I absolutely love! It takes great pictures and fits in my pocket.

Britchick
15-09-2012, 07:37 AM
the other option would be to go for something like this which is waterproof/shock proof

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-PlaySport-Waterproof-Dustproof-Shockproof/dp/B004MMF7R8/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1347694514&sr=8-4

keith
15-09-2012, 11:23 AM
I'm by no means a camera expert but I'd go with the Fuji. Fuji is a good brand. Vivitar always makes me think of a cheaply made product (I could be totally wrong about this though!!)

I have a Panasonic Lumix that I absolutely love! It takes great pictures and fits in my pocket.

yep, both fuji and panasonic make great cameras !

I don't know much about cameras at that end of the price scale so all I'd say is take advice from someone who's actually got one :yes: or go and try a bunch to see which seems nicest to use.

Tink
15-09-2012, 11:28 AM
I have a little canon. It's a point and shoot with a little telephoto type lens (operated by the button). It's quite a nice little camera and is easy to use. It makes a good back up so to speak to the monster Canon that Herself has. :yes:

mumof2
15-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Thank you!

Yes I loved my little Fuji 'til it broke! It took fabulous pictures, but I remember it took xd memory cards that are no longer in manufacture. I bought my larger Olympus camera so i could use the same memory cards...now i can't even but any!

Brit, that looks like a phone! I was slightly confused for a mo! Looks fab though, a green one would match his bike frame.....until he changes it again!

So it's a video, with editing so you can capture still images but not take pics as a camera?

I checked a couple of reviewer videos and it looks cool to me so will put that on my ideas list too, thanks! xx

keith
15-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Its true, fuji and olympus did use XD cards for a while and they've now moved to SD cards. You still can get XD cards but they're less common.

Britchick
15-09-2012, 05:12 PM
i think you can take photos, but it's mainly a video camera. It sprung to mind as i thought it might need to be hard wearing LOL

mumof2
15-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Its true, fuji and olympus did use XD cards for a while and they've now moved to SD cards. You still can get XD cards but they're less common.

I've searched high and low for new XD cards to no avail, shall have to try and find my old ones or look for second hand!

mumof2
15-09-2012, 10:04 PM
i think you can take photos, but it's mainly a video camera. It sprung to mind as i thought it might need to be hard wearing LOL

Oh yes, hard wearing is a must! I like it, I'll subtly test the waters and see if it appeals to him. :thumbsup:

Tink
16-09-2012, 01:29 AM
The Canon I have is a Power Shot A570 IS. It's pretty tough! I've banged it and knocked it and it's still working very well. It takes surprisingly nice photos. The only real catch is I have to remember to bring it with me. :lol:

mumof2
16-09-2012, 09:53 PM
The Canon I have is a Power Shot A570 IS. It's pretty tough! I've banged it and knocked it and it's still working very well. It takes surprisingly nice photos. The only real catch is I have to remember to bring it with me. :lol:

.....and load your photos for us all to see! ;)

Wendy
17-09-2012, 06:54 AM
.....and load your photos for us all to see! ;)

:yes: :lol:

Tink
26-09-2012, 10:30 AM
:lol:
So true, Mairead!:lol: