PDA

View Full Version : Looks for some new ideas..

Shellyamc
19-09-2012, 12:02 AM
..for Katelyn's room!! She is growing up and Dh and I were thinking of doing something new with her room for her Birthday in November. She will be 6 (I know it!! How is it possible??), and she has had a Princess bedroom ever since she left her crib. We have already gotten rid of her Princess oven, desk, and a few other "big" items and now things are looking a little empty. 3 of her walls are pink and the back wall is purple. Her room is huge, so that isn't so much of an issue. I would like to keep the "little girl" feel and, of course, Disney is great..so any ideas?? :thumbsup:

foreverducky
19-09-2012, 12:17 AM
Too young for the villians then huh?! :tongue:

How about using her favorite Disney movie and then tailoring it specifically towards that theme. :unsure: Immerse her in that world.

Wendy
19-09-2012, 11:37 AM
Fairies :D

Kate
19-09-2012, 12:50 PM
I vote for Fairies too! :yes: You could make that soooo pretty! I remember we moved Isabelle into the other bedroom here and i let her choose her own wallpaper, i really wanted her to have the fairy wallpaper, it was so pretty and had glitter on it! She wanted Cars. No. So we settled on something else instead!

Shellyamc
19-09-2012, 01:09 PM
I don't think the Villains would go over very well :lol:

Fairies are a great idea!! Off to do some research :)

Johnie
20-09-2012, 01:36 AM
Did you ask her what she wants?

Shellyamc
20-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Did you ask her what she wants?

No?!?!

Ha..yes, I did actually ask her and she came up with about 20 different things and then just kind of said whatever. There wouldn't be too much changing in her room since most of the "decoration" stuff are the stickers you can use on the walls. So those would be changing and maybe the curtains and comforter. I think she needs a big girl desk and I really don't know what else. I like the bold stripe and dot stuff that you see all around, but I think I will save that style for when she is older. I want to keep cute stuff as long as I can :)

Beccaberry
20-09-2012, 11:03 AM
Just one request...

NOT Barbie ;-) hehehehe

I do quite like Faeries! And I agree, Baleigh's room has run the course from cute to bold. Currently she has one entire wall painted with black chalkboard paint, the other three are hot pink. Everything in her room is hot pink, black and zebra stripped. It's awesome, but I've truly no idea how she sleeps in there!!

Shellyamc
20-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Just one request...

NOT Barbie ;-) hehehehe

I do quite like Faeries! And I agree, Baleigh's room has run the course from cute to bold. Currently she has one entire wall painted with black chalkboard paint, the other three are hot pink. Everything in her room is hot pink, black and zebra stripped. It's awesome, but I've truly no idea how she sleeps in there!!

I don't think there is any risk of Barbie showing up on the walls! Nope! Wow, Baleigh's room sounds amazing. but I think it would put me more on edge than to sleep :lol: I can picture Katie having a room like that someday, but with the size of her room (she has what used to be the master bedroom before we made a suite), I think we might give the chalkboard paint a miss :unsure: :)

Beccaberry
20-09-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't think there is any risk of Barbie showing up on the walls! Nope! Wow, Baleigh's room sounds amazing. but I think it would put me more on edge than to sleep :lol: I can picture Katie having a room like that someday, but with the size of her room (she has what used to be the master bedroom before we made a suite), I think we might give the chalkboard paint a miss :unsure: :)

It really IS adorable, I'll have to post some photos. But I do agree, I have no idea how she actually falls asleep in there! You could always trim out a section and just do a small chalkboard area. It's been really neat to watch her and her friends draw, write and create. My favorite thing to see is when Andrew sneaks in there and leaves her a message (sometimes sweet, sometimes snarky, but always 100% Andrew). Before the first day of school this year, Andrew went in after she'd fallen asleep and wrote, "You'll be the best freshman EVER!" You do realize I cried, right?

Shellyamc
20-09-2012, 07:25 PM
It really IS adorable, I'll have to post some photos. But I do agree, I have no idea how she actually falls asleep in there! You could always trim out a section and just do a small chalkboard area. It's been really neat to watch her and her friends draw, write and create. My favorite thing to see is when Andrew sneaks in there and leaves her a message (sometimes sweet, sometimes snarky, but always 100% Andrew). Before he first day of school this year, Andrew went in after she'd fallen asleep and wrote, "You'll be the best freshman EVER!" You do realize I cried, right?

Awwww! Your kids are something special!! Did you eat pixie dust when you were pregnant or something?? I pray that when my kids are older they have that kind of relationship with each other :yes:

Johnie
20-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Awwww and that is the reason I always prayed for a big brother. Lol mom always told me that wasn't possible but I still prayed (I was 5)

Beccaberry
20-09-2012, 08:59 PM
HAHAHA! They have their moments, they certainly aren't candy coated...but at the end of the day, they really do have a sweet friendship. I bet your kiddos will, too :)

Tink
26-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Just catching up on threads I missed. Of COURSE I'm going to vote for the faeries! :yes: They can take you through to adulthood. :yes:

Mari
26-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Ummmmm

Fairies are a great idea!

I would keep the walls a neutral color... Maybe violet or light green and focus on the decor.. Bedspread and pillows, bedside lamp, frames, etc... That way if and when she grows tired of fairies you can change it without too much trouble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk