PDA

View Full Version : More cables than you can shake a stick at!

Claire
13-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I was just making a list of things that we need to remember for our trip and this is just the cables etc!

iPod USB cable
Phone charger lead
Laptop cable
Camcorder USB cable
Camcorder charger lead
Camera USB cable
Camera battery charger lead

When I think about my first trip in 1988 I probably only took one cable and that was a cable knit sweater!

Anyone else go bogged down with this kind of stuff?

Tink
13-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Ugh. Do I ever. :sigh; I keep them all in their separate little ziplock baggie now. Keeps them somewhat under control.

keith
13-08-2008, 05:27 PM
yep same here! Once got stopped at new york and the guy said thats too many cables what are you planning????? I said well planning to attach my laptop, my two cell phones, charge my ipod, my cameras, my shaver etc etc!! :rolleyes008:

We need a roll up charging pad! Something like a thin roll out mousepad that attaches to the mains and then put everything on top and they charge.

I've seen the START of such technology in gadget magazines before now

Taja
13-08-2008, 08:40 PM
yep same here! Once got stopped at new york and the guy said thats too many cables what are you planning????? I said well planning to attach my laptop, my two cell phones, charge my ipod, my cameras, my shaver etc etc!! :rolleyes008:

We need a roll up charging pad! Something like a thin roll out mousepad that attaches to the mains and then put everything on top and they charge.

I've seen the START of such technology in gadget magazines before now

Now we know where your next fortune will be made, Keith! ;) Get busy on that technology!

Yeah, I now travel with a geek bag. Chargers, phone cords and connectors to jerry-rig the phone for dial-up and a few other necessities.

"Geek Bag" is courtesy of mickeymac. :)

ukwdwnut
14-08-2008, 02:32 AM
nope hardly any cables here as i wont take a laptop

ukwdwnut
14-08-2008, 02:34 AM
"Geek Bag" is courtesy of mickeymac. :)

oh mickeymac, now theres a name ive not heard for ages.....how is she taja?

keith
14-08-2008, 12:29 PM
nope hardly any cables here as i wont take a laptop

MICK! gasp!! no laptop?!!?!?

keith
14-08-2008, 12:30 PM

yeah I miss MickeyMac too, hope she's doing ok.

Claire
14-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I might have to adopt the Geek bag!

Taja
14-08-2008, 02:09 PM

Sadly, I lost touch with her a couple of years ago. Two crazybusy lives that met and enjoyed a virtual friendship for a period of time--although I did meet her in person at WDW once! :)

She'll always get full credit for the "Geek Bag"!

cathydisneynut
15-08-2008, 12:14 PM

Agree with that, told DD she'll have to leave hers at home!:lol: Unless she has coursework....:oops:

ukwdwnut
15-08-2008, 12:22 PM

no wont be taking one, as i have enough to carry with all my meds etc and this little fella, with all that goes with it

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s192/essexmick/DSCF0485-1.jpg

Tink
15-08-2008, 01:00 PM
Ancient Chinese torture device.

ukwdwnut
15-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Ancient Chinese torture device.

what is?

Taja
15-08-2008, 02:28 PM
The "little fella" sitting on your countertop! :lol:

If it makes your life better, it's a good thing, Mick! :)

Just looks a bit strange!

ukwdwnut
15-08-2008, 02:31 PM
The "little fella" sitting on your countertop! :lol:

If it makes your life better, it's a good thing, Mick! :)

Just looks a bit strange!

oh that gizmo, thats my trial drug i have to breathe in

lisaw
15-08-2008, 03:05 PM
We don't take laptops and I don't take my mobile phone, DH takes his for the journey there and back but we don't take a charger. I don't take IPods or Nintendo DS's so the only cables we have are our camera and camcorder ones.

I love being without phones and computers when I am at WDW :D

Claire
15-08-2008, 04:02 PM
See, there's another one I forgot to put on the list! The DS charger!

keith
15-08-2008, 04:07 PM
We don't take laptops and I don't take my mobile phone, DH takes his for the journey there and back but we don't take a charger. I don't take IPods or Nintendo DS's so the only cables we have are our camera and camcorder ones.

I love being without phones and computers when I am at WDW :D

I truly envy you. I can't even imagine what I'd be like without phones and computers but I'd love to find out one day

lisaw
15-08-2008, 04:28 PM
I truly envy you. I can't even imagine what I'd be like without phones and computers but I'd love to find out one day

I couldn't live without them here! :lol:

I think it's because we have never taken stuff like that to WDW we don't really think about it. I know if DH had his phone it would drive me completely potty with people texting him football sores etc! :lol: No we are definitely better off without it all. :D

Claire
15-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Well we need ipods for Poppy, Maisie and me on the flight. Laptop for DH to do his banking and me to do my live trip reports. Camcorder and camera are self explanatory. Nintendo DS for Owen on the flight. Phones for Geoff and I to keep in touch if we get separated. Like Keith, I can't image not having them with me!

ukwdwnut
15-08-2008, 06:34 PM

i dont miss a pc out there at all

mind you malcolm is leaving his lappy for me ;) :lol:

Wendy
15-08-2008, 06:40 PM
mind you malcolm is leaving his lappy for me ;) :lol:

:lol: You wish! :lol:

ukwdwnut
15-08-2008, 06:52 PM
:lol: You wish! :lol:

he is honest lol