PDA

View Full Version : Weird Disney reminders

Dawn
13-10-2012, 12:33 PM
I was at a local sports centre this morning for Steven's trampolining lesson. I popped into the toilets there and they smelled just like Disney World restrooms. It was definitely the same smell.

Anyone else have any weird Disney reminders like this?

Tink
13-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Aromas... sometimes I'll be in a city setting and get a whiff of a hot dog cart, or some other type of street food and it will remind me of Disney.

Can't say as I've noticed the toilet smell though, even at Disney! :unsure: Do I want to?

keith
13-10-2012, 01:36 PM
strangely enough, same toilet smell (well I ASSUME the same smell :lol:) yeah

Sometimes a sound and a couple of weeks ago they had some firework championships at Southport and there was this moment just after the announcer stopped and before the fireworks begun when the crowd was all expectantly looking up and waiting for something. That was a definite reminder

Wendy
13-10-2012, 01:45 PM
The air conditioning I the car, we sometimes get the same smell as we get on holiday.

Kate
13-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I was sat in the hospital a few weeks ago when it was hot and i had a summer top on that id not worn since wearing it in florida a few years ago - on the tv came a christmas song and i was right back in florida again! it was a very strange moment!

MystikPiglit
13-10-2012, 02:05 PM
My shampoo smells like Old Key West. I'm not sure why it does, but I keep using it to have a little reminisce. :sigh:

Beccaberry
14-10-2012, 02:04 AM
Anything citrus and I'm immediately transported on to Soarin'. People have actually found me in my office sniffing an orange with my eyes closed on particularly trying days.

There is a certain sunscreen that ropes me in as well.

And for some reason I cannot explain, when I smell "low tide" I think of out drives to FL from Texas as they smell very similar to some of the stretches of road in GA/FL.

lozzy
14-10-2012, 07:22 AM
I've had quite a few recently,
The soap powder I'm currently using fir some reason reminds me of our villa.
There is a piece of music that my local radio station plays during a on air game that reminds me of universal.
I quite often bake cinnamon which reminds me of Florida straight away.
But it can be the little things, like a deodorant smell.
Sometimes I find myself getting a little emotional when this happens.

Shellyamc
14-10-2012, 02:53 PM
There is a certain kind of "day"..when you wake up and it is sunny and just a little humid..yup, that is a Disney day:yes:

makes me a little misty, I have to admit.

Deb
15-10-2012, 07:19 AM
This is a really odd one, but we often have military aircraft flying low over us as we are enroute to a military base. When the typhoons or other low flying jets come over and the sound is deafening, I am straight back to Soarin'.

The smell of baking cinnamon really gets me too.

I know what Dawn means by "the Disney restroom smell" but I haven't smelled it over here :lol:

I hoarded the shampoos and soap from OKW, and when I feel particularly in need of a Disney fix I open one of those. There are very few left now, so we are in Disney toiletry crisis here :sorry: