PDA

View Full Version : I'm Home!

Wendy
14-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Hi honey I'm home!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have arrived home totally shattered. It was a very bumpy flight home and neither of us got hardly any sleep. The stewardess gave me another pillow to put under my knees as they were both really painful.

We collected our rental car but had to wait whilst it was defrosted, I thought the pilot was joking when he said it was 1 degree at Gatwick. It was certainly a shock to the system :lol:

Tea has been made, biscuits are ready and I have a huge pile of post and junk to go through.

Don't know if I will be back on today or sometime tomorrow.

Britchick
14-10-2012, 12:40 PM
Welcome home :hug2:

Beccaberry
14-10-2012, 12:40 PM
So glad you're home safe, dear friend. Get some rest and we'll all be waiting here not so patiently for your return ;-)

Tink
14-10-2012, 12:52 PM
So sorry to hear about the miserable drive home. That is so hard! Six hours drive after such a long flight.

Get some much deserved and needed rest. We'll look forward to your photos and trip reports when you can share it all with us. :hug2:

catrancher
14-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Welcome home Wendy!

I'm sorry.

Tom (:macwave:... :excited: - that's me shivering.)

keith
14-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Welcome back!!!! :hug2:

Shellyamc
14-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Welcome home!!! :hug2:

now rest quick :D :mental:

foreverducky
14-10-2012, 02:45 PM
Just rest now....sorry about the rough ride home!

Slowhand
14-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Welcome back Wendy.
So have you booked your next trip yet? :lol:

keith
14-10-2012, 04:23 PM
Welcome back Wendy.
So have you booked your next trip yet? :lol:

:lol:

What are the bets she'll be looking at the virgin atlantic pages within minutes of waking up

MystikPiglit
14-10-2012, 04:37 PM
Welcome back. :hug2:

Slowhand
14-10-2012, 07:07 PM
:lol:

What are the bets she'll be looking at the virgin atlantic pages within minutes of waking up

Yeah, and totting up her FC miles. :lol:

Wendy
14-10-2012, 07:28 PM
You two know me so well :lol:

I haven't been looking yet, unpacked cases, one has had a wheel ripped off, luckily it wasn't the new one.

TSS opened both cases, they cut the lock on one and it is a TSS approved lock. Chris is not very happy as you don't seem to be able to get the 4 digit locks anymore. To add to that they never closed it properly so it was partly open on the carousel :hop mad:

I really don't want to be here it is cold and wet. I wanna go back!!!!!!!!

keith
14-10-2012, 07:32 PM
You can still get the 4 digit TSA locks on amazon, I got a couple last week... but it's annoying how it doesnt seem to stop them cutting the locks off anyway :/

We had the same thing last time AND left partly open AND stuff missing

Let's not talk about my opinion of the TSA

Tink
14-10-2012, 07:32 PM
Report the TSA infractions. I'm on a crusade. If those people even look crosswise at me, I report them. They are rude, don't follow their own policies and procedures and steal. Now, before anyone gets in an uproar, I know they aren't all the same. But enough of them are to make it a huge issue with me.

If one even objects to a single thing with me, I insist on a supervisor.

So, make a report on the broken lock (violation of policy and process) and report the wheel too. I had the same thing happen and the airline ended up having to have my case repaired.

Yellow Dog has fish tacos today. See? Don't you feel better now? Herself is the only one who likes fish tacos around here. We'll have to go for pulled pork next time you are here.

Britchick
14-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Do you know we have never locked our cases, I guess we've been lucky bit I've never put stuff in the cases that can't be replaced. I also take photos while packing so if stuff does go missing I can put in a claim.

keith
14-10-2012, 08:10 PM
Do you know we have never locked our cases, I guess we've been lucky bit I've never put stuff in the cases that can't be replaced. I also take photos while packing so if stuff does go missing I can put in a claim.

The problem is, claiming for the case usually works if damaged but if stuff goes missing, a lot of policies demand that the case be locked for them to pay out. So it's kinda a no-win situation if you don't lock.

I agree though, we don't put anything of value in the cases but it's still not nice to land in manchester only to find yah best knickers spread all over the conveyer :lol:

Britchick
14-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Oh no! I never thought of my smalls doing the rounds! Jon does put cable ties on the zips. You have to remember to put some scissors in an unlocked pocket though lol

keith
14-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Oh no! I never thought of my smalls doing the rounds! Jon does put cable ties on the zips. You have to remember to put some scissors in an unlocked pocket though lol

yeah we do that too :lol:

Britchick
14-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Lol you're making me feel the need to get some TSA locks now!

Tink
14-10-2012, 09:14 PM
This last trip to Vancouver and Alaska saw Herself's bag lost in Minnesota. It arrived the next day (homeward bound journey). Anyway, when we were waiting for the bags to come through the conveyor there were at least six bags we counted that were open and spilling contents. There was another bag that was slit right down the entire length, with contents spilling.

I know that's probably not all (or at all) TSA, but regardless it's a mess when that happens. We never put anything like jewelry or cameras, etc in our checked luggage. Still, we don't want to end up with our clothes spilled out from here to there.

Sam
14-10-2012, 09:49 PM
Welcome my lovely. :wave:

uscwest
14-10-2012, 11:14 PM
Welcome home Wendy.

Deafjeff
15-10-2012, 05:57 AM
Welcome back!

It has been cold over here and I'm longing to go back to WDW :yes:

We are hoping to go go DLP next year Nov :wiggle:

Deb
15-10-2012, 06:49 AM
Welcome back Wendy :hug2:

Kate
15-10-2012, 07:37 AM
Welcome home Wendy! Lovely to have you back!!
Cold innit?! :lol:

piglet
15-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Welcome back Wendy, hope you had as good a time as we did. Weather was brilliant wasn't it, although we did get a bit of rain the last couple of days. So sorry to have missed you but we're planning on going back Easter 2014 so perhaps we will see you then. :hug2::hug2:

Wendy
15-10-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't put anything expensive in the cases, but it did have a few gifts I'd bought - which were still there and a couple of Disney Christmas ornaments - that have disappeared :(

I'll email virgin today about the luggage, I'll send a photo of the lock, showing its a TSA approved lock and also the suitcase. I don't hold out much hope though. I don't think TSA will care, so it's probably a waste of time contacting them :shrug:

Still I'll not let that ruin a wonderful holiday, it was just over far too quickly.

Once all the washing and ironing is done, I might start looking for flights for next year :D

Deafjeff
15-10-2012, 03:10 PM
I don't put anything expensive in the cases, but it did have a few gifts I'd bought - which were still there and a couple of Disney Christmas ornaments - that have disappeared :(

I'll email virgin today about the luggage, I'll send a photo of the lock, showing its a TSA approved lock and also the suitcase. I don't hold out much hope though. I don't think TSA will care, so it's probably a waste of time contacting them :shrug:

Still I'll not let that ruin a wonderful holiday, it was just over far too quickly.

Once all the washing and ironing is done, I might start looking for flights for next year :D

Oh no :nono:

Ours went far to quickly :yes:

Britchick
15-10-2012, 05:24 PM
oh no :( sorry about that Wendy

Mari
17-10-2012, 03:21 AM
Welcome
Home!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watchinherskip
17-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Hey Wendy, Welcome home. I just know you had the time of your life. Thank you for including us in your trip. Loved the little contests you posted, even though I was way too slow to offer my guess of where you were abouts. So glad to have you back.

Wendy
17-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Thanks Dan, it's good to be back..............I think :lol: