PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!!

Isafari
14-08-2008, 09:36 AM
Waiting on phone......some one has just EMPTIED MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!

Tink
14-08-2008, 09:37 AM
Oh no. Oh no, Isafari. Oh dear heaven. :hug2:

Skywatcher
14-08-2008, 09:39 AM
We had this happen to us - I know it is no comfort at the moment but the banks are very good at sortuing this quickly - what I was piddled off about was that we had the name and address of the chap who did it and the police frankly couldn't have cared less

disney1sttimer
14-08-2008, 09:40 AM
OMG I hope you get this sorted out thats very scary

kazzaqld
:mad::signs091:

What the ......

Wendy
What!!!!!! :hug1:

MystikPiglit
14-08-2008, 09:54 AM
Oh that's bad news. :hug1:Good luck with sorting it out.

Isafari
14-08-2008, 09:55 AM
STILL ON HOLD TO THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT......MY ACCOUNT HAS GONE IN THE RED RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES!!!! THEY ARE STILL TAKING MONEY I DON'T HAVE

Dizneyblonde
14-08-2008, 09:57 AM
OMG Diane that is awful.

Fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly. :hug2:

Tink
14-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Oh- I don't know what to say. Stay on til you get through to the fraud department!

Oh gosh. Is it your savings, Issy? :cry1: Not that you'd want to lose your checking account balance, either mind! :eek:

Make sure you notify the police too. (Although from what Skywatcher has said, that may be useless). :(

Magical Moments.
14-08-2008, 10:05 AM
OMG Diane that is terrible news, the rotton :censored:

Hope you get it sorted soon.
Sending you :hug2:

Isafari
14-08-2008, 10:05 AM
some one called capital one bank are just taking 107.60 out time after time......I am now in the red by over 300. I don't even know who capital one are! This is all I need right now :(
Funny thing is...I don't even have an overdraft because I believe if I can't afford it, I don't get it until I have the money....I don't even own a credit card!

Wendy
14-08-2008, 10:07 AM
STILL ON HOLD TO THE FRAUD DEPARTMENT......MY ACCOUNT HAS GONE IN THE RED RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES!!!! THEY ARE STILL TAKING MONEY I DON'T HAVE

The idiots, they are supposed to put an immediate stop on your account to stop anything else being taken :rolleyes2:

Don't panic Diane :hug1: the bank are covered, you will get your money back :hug1: it's must be really scary seeing it happen, especially whilst you are watching it.

Tink
14-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Capital One is the name of a huge credit card company here. I wonder if there is any connection.

Yes! Wendy is right! Why didn't they shut down the account at first notice! Jaysus, some places make me wonder. :rolleyes2:

Haven't they done anything YET?

Wendy
14-08-2008, 10:10 AM
some one called capital one bank are just taking 107.60 out time after time......I am now in the red by over 300. I don't even know who capital one are! This is all I need right now :(
Funny thing is...I don't even have an overdraft because I believe if I can't afford it, I don't get it until I have the money....I don't even own a credit card!

It sounds like someone has set up a DD or transfer Diane, Capital One are an online bank I think.

Isafari
14-08-2008, 10:12 AM
still on hold

i was spending today planning our trip too.....was going to book the car hire etc today....guess I won't be doing any of that now

MystikPiglit
14-08-2008, 10:13 AM
That is scary. How did you notice it was happening?

Isafari
14-08-2008, 10:16 AM
That is scary. How did you notice it was happening?

it's pay day today (monthly) so pay has just gone into the bank....i went to check the total before I started to book things for our holiday and I had 18.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then I saw all of the capital one withdrawals. I refreshed the page after waiting on the phone for a while and more had been taken.

Tink
14-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Why are you still on hold? That's crazy! They should respond much faster than that. Do you have a second line? (A mobile)? If you do, call the bank again on that and tell whomever answers you need assistance NOW!

MystikPiglit
14-08-2008, 10:19 AM
it's pay day today (monthly) so pay has just gone into the bank....i went to check the total before I started to book things for our holiday and I had 18.99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! then I saw all of the capital one withdrawals. I refreshed the page after waiting on the phone for a while and more had been taken.

Thank goodness you did. It's unbelievable that the bank haven't stopped it yet. :(

Skywatcher
14-08-2008, 10:20 AM
It will all be sorted Diane - please trust me on this - the money will be back in your account very very soon. Thank god for internet banking - at least you can see there is a problem now instead of waiting for your next statement

Tink
14-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Will it Skywalker? That is really good to know. Will they be able to "fix" it for her today do you think?

Why is it taking so long on hold? :unsure: When I had something similar happen the Fraud department moved like lightning.

Skywatcher
14-08-2008, 10:28 AM
So long on hold because so much of this goes on I'm afraid :(

Skywatcher
14-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Will it Skywalker? .

I'm liking skywalker

MystikPiglit
14-08-2008, 10:30 AM
I'm liking skywalker

Lively Pants Skywalker. :lol:

MystikPiglit
14-08-2008, 10:31 AM
Oops, sorry Diane. Didn't mean to bring humour into such a sad thread. :(

Tink
14-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Oh sorry! I've struggled with making that mistake and now I've finally done it! SKYWATCHER!! :spring: It just makes me think of ol' Luke of the Skywalkers and then there you have it... Freudian slip, eh? :sorry:

Issy, anything yet? :unsure:

Isafari
14-08-2008, 10:56 AM
ok...a lady answered...I told her what had happened and she said she was putting me on hold :mad:
I waited and spoke to another lady who took all my details etc.

I have to go to the bank and sign a fraud statement. Money will be refunded to my account in 5 days.

Will let you know if/when this happens :rolleyes008: Thank you all....for being here :hug2:

Phew...I feel a little better now....I need a Pepsi on the rocks:lol:

MystikPiglit
14-08-2008, 11:10 AM
:hug2: Hope money refunded without further hassle. Did they have any idea how it happened?

Skywatcher
14-08-2008, 11:12 AM
:hug2: exactly what happened to us - then we had an invoice for a PC the bloke had bought so I had his details and noone cared - this makes me soo mad - someone will have to pay for the money thats been taken

Tink
14-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Five DAYS? Well that's not acceptable! You need your money NOW now in five darn days! What are you supposed to do for money in the meantime? I don't like that answer at all.

I'll be right over Issy. We'll get your money TODAY! Twits.

Wendy
14-08-2008, 11:13 AM
................ Money will be refunded to my account in 5 days.

That's unacceptable Diane, when you go to the bank you need to tell them it needs to be done sooner. It's not your fault they have poor security and you can't be expected to wait for 5 days :mad: What happens if you have any direct debits or anything coming out of your account between now and then.

The latest I would accept is tomorrow, 5 days that is just ridiculous.

Tink
14-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Totally agree Wendy. They are just doing that for their own convenience. THEY put your money at risk Issy, not you. THEY need to return it to you now. Actually, since you reported it this morning, they should be well underway to returning it to your account TODAY.

Don't let them get away with that. When you get there, tell them you need to speak with a manager and then tell (note that I'm not saying ask) that person that you need your accounted righted TODAY, not five days (and I'll bet they mean five BUSINESS days) from now. You have a life to live with obligations and cannot be expected to go without YOUR money for five days while they try to determine what happened.

UGH. Banks. As much service from them anymore as a wet tissue. :(

Skywatcher
14-08-2008, 11:20 AM
I believe all dd's etc will be honoured and no charges for going overdrawn etc - Rome was not built in a day and the weekend will hold up the processing a little as well - they quoted us 5 days and it was in there in 2 - I believe it is the sheer volume of cases being processed that causes the delay - I personally was just so grateful that it was all going back in so soon - after all it is not the banks fault that someone has stolen the money. I was scared it was going to be months before we got it all back if at all.

Only my 2 pennies worth

Tink
14-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Well who asked you to be all reasonable? :wink: :hug1:

I know what you are saying, but I don't agree on one point. It is the bank's responsibility to safeguard Issy's funds. :yes:

I'm not necessarily reasonable (as you can see) when it comes to someone knickering around with my money. :nono:

Wendy
14-08-2008, 11:24 AM
I believe all dd's etc will be honoured and no charges for going overdrawn etc - Rome was not built in a day and the weekend will hold up the processing a little as well - they quoted us 5 days and it was in there in 2 - I believe it is the sheer volume of cases being processed that causes the delay - I personally was just so grateful that it was all going back in so soon - after all it is not the banks fault that someone has stolen the money. I was scared it was going to be months before we got it all back if at all.

Only my 2 pennies worth

I know it's becoming a daily occurrence unfortunately :( but they should at least offer her a free overdraft if they can't get the money back to her account for 5 days :shrug:

ukwdwnut
14-08-2008, 11:27 AM
OMG diane, hope all is sorted out quickly........5 days is totally not acceptacle, but i agree with wens idea about a free overdraft....im always checking my accounts online, if i cant have an account online i dont want it

Skywatcher
14-08-2008, 11:29 AM
I think they would have done that - I asked specifically when it was done with ours and the lady understood we had mortgage payments etc going out and they would be honoured.

Safeguarding money is so difficult with electronic transactions - think how many billions are done everyday and how varied the patterns of spending are - mine was done from a skimmed card - dunno where but the chap had all my details including the security number.

At the end of the day when all is said and done the people who will be out of pocket at the end of this will be the bank who will undoubtedly then pass that back to us the customers - what makes me ad is their seeming reluctance to prosecute - I should imagine there will be a limit above which they can be bothered

ukwdwnut
14-08-2008, 11:33 AM
thats the big problem chris if they have someone bang to rights then it should be a presecution no matter how small or there is no deterrant for the person not to do it again :mad:

Tink
14-08-2008, 11:33 AM
:yes: Absolute truth there, Skywatcher. :yes: It's we who end up paying for the fraud in the long run. :(

Grammiepo
14-08-2008, 11:35 AM
They make you feel so unsafe. So sorry that something like this happened to you. If they would start putting some of these people behind bars maybe it would not happen so often.

Isafari
14-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Just been to the bank :mad:
The person who deals with fraud was away on an extended lunch so I have to go back later today.
I'm a tad fed up :(

Beccaberry
14-08-2008, 12:23 PM
:hug2: Oh hon...I just finished reading the thread, it was so long I was holding my breath hoping that by the time I reached the end of it, it would be sorted....alas, it does not seem to be :sigh;

How scary must that be? I can't even comprehend at this moment how stressed out you must be....

Hang in there and please, please, please keep us updated. :hug1:

Tink
14-08-2008, 12:36 PM
That is so rubbish! I would be fed up myself, Isafari! When you go back insist on speaking with a manager. Maybe they deal with this daily, but you don't. They need to get some serious customer service going on as well as some sensitivity!

Beccaberry
14-08-2008, 12:38 PM
I would DEFINITELY let them now Issy that this is your ONLY source of payment for all things....tell them you DO NOT have overdraft (which they should know, being your bank and all, but they prob won't even notice) and tell them you DO NOT have credit cards....so as they can VERY CLEARLY see....you need your money NOW!

Capital One *scary* I have a credit card with them :sigh;

I'll be anxious to hear how this turns out.

Shellyamc
14-08-2008, 12:40 PM
I posted this when Johnie was having trouble, but this happened to Dh and I just a short time ago. When I went into our account someone had made tons of charges from different stores and we were already in the red. We called the bank and made sure we put in a report of identity theft with the 3 major credit agencies. Umm..well that might be different for you though.

I'm so sorry and yes, this is super scary and it made me so angry. I wanted to find out where they had the stuff they ordered shipped so I could go and knock on their door :rpg014: They wouldn't give it to me :sigh;

Either way this will get sorted out :p015: This is a scary world we live in :hug1:

SleepinCatz
14-08-2008, 01:09 PM
I just saw this thread hun...OMG how scarey your day has been! 5 days is too long...it didn't take 5 days to remove the money....but then you've heard that already...Huge Huge Hugs!

cathydisneynut
14-08-2008, 01:15 PM
Issy, after they get this cleared up, just double-check your credit rating with Experian or Equifax, just to be safe. :hugs:

Taja
14-08-2008, 01:19 PM
Yikes! So sorry to hear about this, Diane! :hug2:

Seems as though your bank is making it difficult to take the correct action. I understand someone being at lunch, but they should have a back-up who could at least start the process! :sigh;

uscwest
14-08-2008, 01:23 PM
OMG Diane, this is so totally unreal. And you were able to sit there and watch your money get drained. I hope they catch this person or persons and prosecute them to the fullest. I can't believe the bank are going to take 5 days to sort this out.

Ursula
14-08-2008, 02:30 PM
I would be seriously ticked off... and that's putting it mildly :( I would also be getting my petrol paid for too for having to go not once but twice to the bank..... I do this when goods are faulty and I have to traipse all the way back to get it changed... I make them pay for my gas, amazing what they'll do to get a loud voiced person off their premises!

Slowhand
14-08-2008, 02:33 PM
Sorry for the late response Diane but I`ve only just opened this thread.
It looks like things are kinda sorted but just one point. Until the funds are credited back into your account, make sure that your bank doesn`t charge you if you go overdrawn in the meantime.

piglet
14-08-2008, 04:01 PM
:hug2: :hug2: I'm so sorry Diane, how absolutely awful for you. If I were you I would go into the bank and without losing my rag would be very firm and take no nonsense about extended lunch hours etc and ask to speak to whoever is in charge and then really make it very clear that if something is not done immediately you will take your account elsewhere where security is better and stay in the bank until it is sorted. :hug2::hug2:

Jazmine
14-08-2008, 04:32 PM
Oh Di im so sorry just found this thread, i cant believe how stupid and uncaring this bank is being :shocked025:i agree with Val (for once) :yes::hug2:i would go in to the bank ask for the Manager and dont move from there until you actually see it all sorted out for yourself, Arghhhh these idiots :mad:hope it gets sorted ASAP :hug2: :hug2:
Jacqui xxxx

dzneeprincss
14-08-2008, 04:49 PM
Diane-
I'm sorry about what is happening to you, I hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

daveann
14-08-2008, 04:51 PM
thats awful hope you get things sorted out soon

lisaw
14-08-2008, 05:08 PM
This is happening all too often now :mad: Hope it is all resolved soon :hug2:

Isafari
14-08-2008, 06:03 PM
The bank rang me ..... told me not to bother going back in, they are sending the fraud statement by post for me to sign and send back. I should receive that within 2 weeks.

Manager wasn't available to talk to...was told they would see what they could do about getting my money back into my account as soon as possible. It may still be 5 days :rolleyes008:

Will let you know when I get my money back :mad:

Beccaberry
14-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh hon...I know you're not a confrontational person, but with this, you may have to behave that way....if you don't get the answers you need/want you will *have* to speak up...don't let them give you the run around :hug2:

cathydisneynut
14-08-2008, 06:34 PM
The bank rang me ..... told me not to bother going back in, they are sending the fraud statement by post for me to sign and send back. I should receive that within 2 weeks.

Manager wasn't available to talk to...was told they would see what they could do about getting my money back into my account as soon as possible. It may still be 5 days :rolleyes008:

Will let you know when I get my money back :mad:

Two weeks!! Nice to see them making such an effort to help resolve this!:rolleyes008:

Isafari, if this is not resolved to the best of their ability, and you incur even more charges due to this, report them to the Financial Services Authority, who will deal with it!

Wendy
14-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Diane, I'm afraid I would get my money back and change banks, their customer service is appalling :rolleyes2:

mainecoon lover
14-08-2008, 08:38 PM
Oh no Diane :hug2:. What is this country coming to :rolleyes008:. It has been bad enough when our cc was used 3 time this year but this is so much more worse.

Johnie
14-08-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm just now seeing this. How scary for you! I would march right back down to that bank and not leave until this has been resolved. They can piddle around because they don't have to face you.

Shellyamc
15-08-2008, 01:44 AM
I totally agree. We had our money back into our account the same day! I wouldn't let them get away with this :mad:

luvthemouse
15-08-2008, 03:05 AM
Diane, I agree with everyone else. Get yourself into that bank first thing in the AM and tell them to save the postage, that you'll sign the fraud papers then and there. And then don't leave until your money goes back into your account.... :hug2:I'm so sorry this has happened to you..

MystikPiglit
15-08-2008, 11:59 AM
Diane, I'm afraid I would get my money back and change banks, their customer service is appalling :rolleyes2:

I agree. Their lack of assistance is appalling. A complaint to their Head Office is called for here.

Ursula
15-08-2008, 03:58 PM
TWO WEEKS! They must be joking! I would be frothing at the mouth by now if it was me :(

luvthemouse
16-08-2008, 03:02 PM
So have you gotten anywhere with the bank Diane?

Isafari
16-08-2008, 04:03 PM
:( Was hoping to have my money back by now but nothing has appeared in my account....still no fraud statement but then I wasn't expecting that for quite a while.
Going into town on Monday to the bank if my money hasn't gone back into my account......but I'm such a wus....I know they're walking all over me and not even wiping their feet first!!!!! I need one of you to come with me :p015:

uscwest
16-08-2008, 04:13 PM
:( Was hoping to have my money back by now but nothing has appeared in my account....still no fraud statement but then I wasn't expecting that for quite a while.
Going into town on Monday to the bank if my money hasn't gone back into my account......but I'm such a wus....I know they're walking all over me and not even wiping their feet first!!!!! I need one of you to come with me :p015:
Diane, if I were over there I'd go with you.

cathydisneynut
16-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Gently remind them its your money, their mistakes and mention Watchdog if you don't get satisfaction!

Dawn
16-08-2008, 04:20 PM
What bank is it?

I'd be closing my account as soon as the money was back. That customer service is outrageous. :mad:

Isafari
16-08-2008, 04:38 PM
I'm with Lloyds TSB Dawn.....was discussing it a little with Mick and I may end up going to Nationwide.

Isafari
16-08-2008, 04:39 PM
Diane, if I were over there I'd go with you.

:hug2: I'd let you :lol:

Gently remind them its your money, their mistakes and mention Watchdog if you don't get satisfaction!

:yes: I'll try to be firm but polite

MystikPiglit
16-08-2008, 04:52 PM
I'm with Lloyds TSB Dawn......

That doesn't surprise me. We both moved from them some time ago. DH went to Barclays and I'm with Alliance&L. So far we've both had better service.

Tink
17-08-2008, 02:14 AM
Issy, when you go in that bank, you just imagine me standing right next to you. Keep telling yourself if you don't talk with them firmly, I'm going to lose my very famous Irish and Italian temper and embarrass the daylights out of everyone.

Tell them that this has carried on long enough, and if they are unable to resolve the situation immediately by returning your money, now, then you are going to seek other avenues of satisfaction that will include informing the public of the poor service you are receiving!

UGH! They really are poor excuses for a bank.

Ursula
17-08-2008, 11:26 AM
There is also the Banking Ombudsman....
By the way... Barclays are pieces of bleep too.

piglet
17-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Be brave and bite the bullet Diane, just think of Tink and all the rest of us standing with you :action-smiley-043: at the ready and as long as you believe in yourself, you can do it :hug1::hug1:

Wendy
17-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Diane, we are with the Nationwide and their customer service is brilliant, you can phone your local branch and go in a see someone anytime. With an emergency like that they would have arranged for you to see someone the same day.

Why did it not surprise me when you said it was Lloyds TSB :rolleyes2:

How long does it take to drive from Plymouth to you :lol: Chris could pretend to be your husband - he is brilliant in situations like that :lol: :lol:

Slowhand
17-08-2008, 03:16 PM
Chris could pretend to be your husband - he is brilliant in situations like that :lol: :lol:
So how many ladies does Chris have as his wives then? :eek3:

Wendy
17-08-2008, 03:37 PM
So how many ladies does Chris have as his wives then? :eek3:

:lol: :lol: Whenever any of our friends are getting the run around from someone over the phone, they ask Chris to phone up for them :lol: The funniest one was when he was calling Sky recently, our friend spoke to them and passed Sky over to Chris and then he had to repeat what they were saying when he was asked for the telephone number, post code etc. We were all sat there laughing like crazy :lol: :lol:

You know what he's like he doesn't worry about anything and he hates poor customer service.

BevW
17-08-2008, 08:52 PM
Jeez, I just finished reading this. I'm so sorry Isa that this is happening to you. It makes me crazy when stuff like this happens and people feel so helpless.
People don't like to deal with me when I'm angry about someone else's mistake. I'm very vocal (LOUD) and in your face...yeah I got sarcastic with the US Border "Mr. Smiley" in Canada..."Have you been taking pictures?" Well..duh..no. dork.
I hope everything gets straight for you! Hugs and hugs and more hugs sweetie!

Isafari
17-08-2008, 09:18 PM
Thanks guys.....hoping to see my money appear tomorrow :fingers:

BevW
17-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Crossing fingers, eyes, toes, arms, legs for you.

sazzledazzle
17-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Hi Diane, Hoping everything works out for you 2morow my love X

uscwest
18-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Hope all works out well for you tomorrow Diane.

Tink
18-08-2008, 01:42 AM
:pixiedust: :pixiedust:

Sending you a steady stream to help with tomorrow!

Isafari
18-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Still no money......so off to the bank I go :(

Claire
18-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Good luck! :fingers:

ukwdwnut
18-08-2008, 10:18 AM
good luck di :fingers:

Tink
18-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Will be waiting to hear how it went! :hug1:

Dawn
18-08-2008, 10:35 AM
If it was me I'd be standing in the bank now telling all the customers how badly I'd been treated by them and refusing to leave until I had my money back. :mad:

Isafari
18-08-2008, 01:56 PM
:ashamed008::cry2: Still haven't got my money back.....told ya I was no good in these situations!
I felt like a naughty schoolkid :confused:
I was told by the manager "Mrs M....., were you not made aware that your funds would be credited to your account by the 19th of this month?"
I was told that they would give me 100 overdraft if I needed to spend any of my money and they wouldn't charge me :mad:

Anyway, to cut a story short....and I think I was so weak because I am having a hard time this month with things like the first anniversary of my Mams death approaching etc so I am upset and down.....I should have my money by the 19th which is tomorrow.

I really couldn't stand and argue in the state of mind that I have at the moment without crying.....so, it was a wasted journey :(

MystikPiglit
18-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Oh dear, not a good time for you. :hug1:

Beccaberry
18-08-2008, 02:03 PM
:hug2: Ah hon...I'm so sorry...I hate that this is so difficult for you :( And that bank manager should be absolutely ashamed of himself/herself for being so dispassionate. Hang in there hon...still :fingers: that your money is returned to you tomorrow.

Dawn
18-08-2008, 02:03 PM
:hug2:

Tink
18-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Ach. I'm so sorry they are such stupid gits, Issy. :hug2: Will hope that your money will be returned tomorrow, then you can take it to a new bank. :hug2: Don't let them bother you anymore. You did nothing wrong here, they did.

luvthemouse
18-08-2008, 02:41 PM
I'm sorry things didn't go well.... Sounds like that manager needs a good **tch slap for speaking to you like that! :hug2:

Ursula
18-08-2008, 04:47 PM
I would have said very loudly and calmly.... And were YOU made aware that if MY money wasn't put back into my account by close of business today I will be taking my custom elsewhere.

Ursula
18-08-2008, 04:47 PM
and then I would have flicked her ear for good measure.....

Dawn
18-08-2008, 05:02 PM
I think the ear flick would have done it for me. :lol:

I'm with HSBC and personally have had great service from them. Was on first name terms with our branch manager at one point and he bent over backwards to get our mortgage sorted in time for us - phoned every day to keep us updated an' everything.

Ursula
18-08-2008, 05:13 PM
ooh you was *in* there Dawnie.....

mainecoon lover
18-08-2008, 05:15 PM
There is also the Banking Ombudsman....
By the way... Barclays are pieces of bleep too.

To true. Dh is with Barclays and barclay card. When his barclay card was used they were usless yet Virgin were great. They notified us straight away that someone had used it.

uscwest
18-08-2008, 05:32 PM
There is no excuse for this kind of service in the banking industry or any kind of service industry. I don't think I would have left that bank until such time as I had my money and made darn sure there were no overdraft charges. I'm sorry you are having to go through this Diane. :hug2:

Isafari
18-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks guys....will let you know what tomorrow brings. Hopefully my money! :p015:

Dawn
18-08-2008, 05:49 PM
Well if it doesn't promise me you'll take your sleeping bag to the bank and set up camp in there.

Claire
18-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Has anyone told you how it happened yet Issy?

Isafari
18-08-2008, 05:51 PM
Well if it doesn't promise me you'll take your sleeping bag to the bank and set up camp in there.

I'll get the bank to ring you dawn :p015:

piglet
18-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Diane, you've got enough going on in your life at the moment so sit tight and hopefully things will be sorted out. From what you said you have a horrible bank manager, to talk down to you like that is appalling. Hopefully your money will be in tomorrow and then perhaps sit tight until you will feel a little better and then move your account. A very polite sarcastic letter asking if he was aware, that with the awful service you've had, that you would be changing your account to a more customer-friendly bank. Take care of yourself and we're all here rooting for you. :hug2::hug2:

Isafari
19-08-2008, 11:46 AM
ok....it's tomorrow, the 19th.
No money....do you think it may appear in my account later today?

Dawn
19-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I think you get your sleeping bag and get down the bank now. And take snacks...

Isafari
19-08-2008, 11:57 AM
I can't leave until the guy has been to look at the boiler .... if nothing appears in my account in an hour or so, then I'll have to at least ring the bank

Tink
19-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Don't give them too long to delay, Isafari. They'll use it as an excuse to carry it on. I know it must be a pain to keep going there in person, but it's more effective than calling, so if you can go, that would be the best approach. :hug2:

cathydisneynut
19-08-2008, 12:00 PM
They will probably try to fob you off by saying it will be in by close of business today, tell them that is absolutely not acceptable, and you expect a full credit within an hour, or you will be contacting their head office, the obmbusdman, etc. After all, it shouldn't take them that long to punch a few buttons on a computer!

uscwest
19-08-2008, 12:06 PM
Diane, as soon as your Boiler man leaves I would march down to that bank and CAMP OUT until you get your money. This is ABSURD.

Tinkerbell
19-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Sorry, missed this totally.
Hope you get this sorted today Diane :hug2:, disgraceful service from the bank :mad:

Isafari
19-08-2008, 07:25 PM
They will probably try to fob you off by saying it will be in by close of business today, tell them that is absolutely not acceptable, and you expect a full credit within an hour, or you will be contacting their head office, the obmbusdman, etc. After all, it shouldn't take them that long to punch a few buttons on a computer!

I couldn't get to the bank today....I had to phone them. I rang my local branch and gave them all the details AGAIN.....they then said that they had no record of any fraud incident with my account at all! Hello.....I was there yestreday and spoke with the manager about it :mad: They did however go into a speal and tried to sell me cover for just 7 a month in case this should happen again :mad::mad: I said everything from cathy's post above...she said she could understand my being upset as this is how it must look from my point of view.

They told me to ring the fraud department. I did. The lady said that yes, my money should have been available for me today, she didn't know why it wasn't. She put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back and said she was sorry, but they had just started to address the incident today so my money wouldn't be available now until 24th. She also then went into a speal to try and sell me extra cover for 7 per month. She just couldn't understand why I wouldn't want this cover, especially now! I told her the main reason being that once my money was refunded to me, I would be taking my custom to a more reliable bank. She actually sounded put out that I would do such a thing and said "thank you Mrs M....., and HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going down to my bank tomorrow afternoon and I am not leaving until I have my money in my hands.....not my account, my hands. If I hadn't of been so down recently, I wouldn't have let it go this far but now I just feel so :signs091: and angry at being treated like this. I don't deserve it and the bank doesn't deserve my custom. I have actually not been this mad in quite some time. Oh....I got the 'ladies' name who hung up on me.

Claire
19-08-2008, 07:30 PM
All this truly does beggar belief! I'm not surprised you've decided to change your stance with the bank. Just be sure you follow through with your decision to move. I would also mention to them that you are considering speaking to Watchdog regarding your treatment.

cathydisneynut
19-08-2008, 07:39 PM
All this truly does beggar belief! I'm not surprised you've decided to change your stance with the bank. Just be sure you follow through with your decision to move. I would also mention to them that you are considering speaking to Watchdog regarding your treatment.

I agree! I am so:angry-smiley-053: for you! I want to visit your branch and:ouch:

Maybe give your local paper a call in the morning too? Bad local publicity is the last thing they want!

:hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2::hug2: to you Isafari.

If your money is still not back just now, print off your online page to prove it, if you haven't already done so. It should show a list of all these transactions, in case the bank tries to cover it up.

Tink
19-08-2008, 10:31 PM
Oh that is quite enough! Sending you all sorts of strength to get through tomorrow! :hug2: :pixiedust:

They do not deserve one more cent of your money. :(

piglet
20-08-2008, 09:47 AM
The lady said that yes, my money should have been available for me today, she didn't know why it wasn't. She put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back and said she was sorry, but they had just started to address the incident today so my money wouldn't be available now until 24th. She also then went into a speal to try and sell me extra cover for 7 per month. She just couldn't understand why I wouldn't want this cover, especially now! I told her the main reason being that once my money was refunded to me, I would be taking my custom to a more reliable bank. She actually sounded put out that I would do such a thing and said "thank you Mrs M....., and HUNG UP ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh....I got the 'ladies' name who hung up on me.

Oh I do hope you report her and also say that confirmed your reason for changing banks

Tink
20-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Hoping things are going well for you today Isafari. :hug2:

Isafari
20-08-2008, 10:07 AM
I HAVE MONEY :yes:

Just logged on and everything has been refunded. Still going to bank this afternoon though to take my money out and sign up with a different bank. Also will try to speak to the manager to make a complaint.

I HAVE MONEY :yes:

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 10:13 AM
YAY WOOHOO :207:

kazzaqld
20-08-2008, 10:14 AM
That must be such a relief!!! :yes:

And stand your ground at the bank; we are all cheering you on. :hug2:

Isafari
20-08-2008, 10:16 AM
YAY WOOHOO :207:

I know.....I can go shopping :p015:

Isafari
20-08-2008, 10:16 AM
That must be such a relief!!! :yes:

And stand your ground at the bank; we are all cheering you on. :hug2:

I'm going to be strong.....I'm going to be heard....I am woman, hear me ROAR!

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm going to be strong.....I'm going to be heard....I am woman, hear me ROAR!

:scared004::scared004::scared004:

tell me when its safe to come back out :eek:

cathydisneynut
20-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Definitely make that complaint Diane, a grovelling apology is the least you deserve!

So glad you are paid back though!:p015:

Tink
20-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Oh thank heaven you have your money back! I'm so relieved! :yes:

Now, when you go and take it out of that bank, be sure to use a firm voice, one that carries without shouting, eh? :D :D :hug2:

You go WOMAN! :D

Ursula
20-08-2008, 02:46 PM
I have a voice that carries without shouting when I am seriously ticked off and I don't go all red and blustery neither.... want me to come down with you?

Good news you have money XXXXXXXXXX Remind us all again which bank it was?... THE TSB you say?.......LLOYDS TSB!

Beccaberry
20-08-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh Issy....I can't tell you how glad I am to hear you have money!!! :hug2:

Now. Go give them what for.

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 03:56 PM
so now you have some dosh are you gonna treat us to anything ;) :lol:

MystikPiglit
20-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Glad to hear that you have money. :D

Now go and make them regret messing with you! :nono:

SleepinCatz
20-08-2008, 04:47 PM
YAY!!!! Give em what for!!!

Jazmine
20-08-2008, 04:47 PM
So glad to hear you got MONEY Diane , now where is it youre taking us all to WDW would be a good place :lol: :hug2:
Now go tell that stupid bank where to go ;) need any help me an Val will be on the next plane down :yes:
Jacqui xxx

Isafari
20-08-2008, 04:59 PM
OK....all sorted. I will no longer bank at TSB. I was firm and got my message over....they tried to take me in a booth to discuss how they could rectify the situation but I said I was fine where I was....I was in the correct lane for them to write a cheque out for me which would close my account and that was all I wanted to do.

ukwdwnut
20-08-2008, 05:03 PM
wtg diane :D

Tink
20-08-2008, 06:08 PM
YES!!!! That's our Issy! :hug2: Good for you Isafari! :yes: They well deserved to be let go. :yes:

Beccaberry
20-08-2008, 06:16 PM
GOOD FOR YOU!!! WELL DONE!!! NICE JOB!

Johnie
20-08-2008, 06:27 PM
I'm so glad everything is sorted out now.

uscwest
20-08-2008, 07:27 PM
Glad to hear that you got it all sorted out Diane. Sorry it took so long though.

SleepinCatz
20-08-2008, 07:28 PM
Fantastic job!!!

kazzaqld
20-08-2008, 08:00 PM
:pompoms: Well done Diane!

Isafari
20-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Thanks guys.....for being here all week with me :hug2:

Tink
20-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Hey! It's what you've always done for us! :yes: :z5:

Wendy
20-08-2008, 09:02 PM
:hug1: I'm so glad it's all sorted out and I'm proud of you for standing up to them Diane :hug1: It is difficult especially now to have to add more upset and distress but you have done the right thing :hug2: Well done you :D

lisaw
20-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Glad you have your money back Diane, even if it did take far too long!

luvthemouse
21-08-2008, 01:09 AM
Good for you!! It feels good to stand up for yourself, doesn't it? You go girl!

Isafari
21-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks guys :hug2: I can eat now :lol:

ukwdwnut
21-08-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks guys.....for being here all week with me :hug2:

your so welcome diane :hug2:

just dont make a habit of it :p :lol:

Isafari
21-08-2008, 10:22 AM
just dont make a habit of it :p :lol:

Hopefully it was a 'one off' :p015:

MystikPiglit
21-08-2008, 11:27 AM
Well done. Hope you feel bit better now. :hug1:

piglet
21-08-2008, 06:15 PM
That is such great news Diane, Jacqui and I were just packing ready to come and give you some support but YOU DID IT. Sisters are doing it for themselves YEAH!!

Isafari
21-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Thanks MP and Val.....yes, I have money, I can eat now :lol: