PDA

View Full Version : Apple special event - live stream to apple tv!

keith
23-10-2012, 05:19 PM
I dont know if anyones watching it, it's the announcement of the 13" retina notebook and we think, a smaller ipad

first time in ages that they've done a live stream on apple.com but for those with apple tv, turn it on and tune to APPLE EVENTS and watch in wonderful HD on your tv :D

Britchick
23-10-2012, 05:36 PM
was watching it on laptop but now watching on apple TV, thanks:thumbsup:

Britchick
23-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Oh that is CUTE!

catrancher
23-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Was trying to watch with one eye and one ear while listening to a conference call with the other ear.

I have no idea what anyone said or did. On either the webcast or the conference call. :shrug:

Tom (:macwave:... single threaded at best...)

Skywatcher
24-10-2012, 04:51 PM
New iMacs look gorgeous. iPad 4 really :/ , mini iPad cute

catrancher
24-10-2012, 05:08 PM
New iMacs look gorgeous. iPad 4 really :/ , mini iPad cute

Yep. The new iMac looks brilliant. And so thin! :shocked:

Not sure about the lack of an optical drive but I suppose you could always buy the Thunderbolt external one if you felt the need. Will also be interested to see how the Fusion Drive will work out.

The iPad mini is making me wonder if it's time to upgrade my old iPad 1. :unsure:

So many choices! :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... no. Apple. Stop. Get your hand out of my wallet!)

Skywatcher
24-10-2012, 05:20 PM
I baulked at the lack of the drive but then I thought about the last time I used mine.

Only really use it to rip CDs to iTunes.

Cannot justify an upgrade as my iMac is better know than the day I bought it. There is nothing I need to do that I can't already. When there is or it breaks them ill upgrade. The iPad 3 will be going for a bargain and they are a huge leap over the 1 Tom , which is what I upgraded from.

Still loving my iPhone 5 :)

catrancher
24-10-2012, 05:24 PM
The iPad 3 will be going for a bargain and they are a huge leap over the 1

Hmmm... interesting thought that. :brightidea:

Tom (:macwave:... watching prices now...)

catrancher
24-10-2012, 05:32 PM
The iPad 3

Ahhh... now it becomes clear. What iPad 3? :unsure:

I just checked the Apple Store and the iPad 3 is no more. Bereft of life it rests in peace. It's snuffed it. It's shuffled off it's mortal coil and gone off to join the choir invisible.

It's now a...

wait for it....

wait...

iPad Retina

Sneaky. N'est-ce pas?

Tom (:macwave:... who'd be looking for iPad 3 prices for a very long time!)

keith
24-10-2012, 06:22 PM
I baulked at the lack of the drive but then I thought about the last time I used mine.

Only really use it to rip CDs to iTunes.

I feel the same way BUT I like to know SOMETHING I have has the capability to read a DVD/CD when necessary :/ I do have the USB superdrive just in case

Cannot justify an upgrade as my iMac is better know than the day I bought it. There is nothing I need to do that I can't already. When there is or it breaks them ill upgrade.

likewise!!!! It's been the best computer purchase I've made in years. Used it for 12hours + every day and it's perfect. I'd love a nice new one but same res, wont notice any speed differences ... just can't do it until this one breaks.

The iPad 3 will be going for a bargain and they are a huge leap over the 1 Tom , which is what I upgraded from.

Still loving my iPhone 5 :)

ditto ditto.

The 4 coming out so soon and with so little in terms of upgrade is very Grrrsome indeed.

Wendy
24-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Why have Apple gone against everything that Steve Jobs said, he was adamant that there would never be a mini ipad and it seems that now he's not here, they are doing the one thing he didn't want. It just seems sad to me :unsure: :shrug:

keith
24-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Why have Apple gone against everything that Steve Jobs said, he was adamant that there would never be a mini ipad and it seems that now he's not here, they are doing the one thing he didn't want. It just seems sad to me :unsure: :shrug:

Oh I'm so going to give you a wooden spoon so you can stir some more :lol:

To be honest, Apple has always been like that. "3G is rubbish and too battery heavy to use in a cell phone"... a few months before they bring one out. All one one computers do nothing well, a few months before the imac. Mouse's should only ever have one button, before they fake a second by tapping the other side of the mouse.

Honestly, Apple say whatever they have to in order to promote the stuff they're selling TODAY. Tomorrow is always a different matter.

Wendy
24-10-2012, 08:53 PM
What do you mean stir :unsure: it was an honest question, I honestly think it is sad, maybe I'm just an idiot for thinking it :shrug:

keith
24-10-2012, 09:07 PM
What do you mean stir :unsure: it was an honest question, I honestly think it is sad, maybe I'm just an idiot for thinking it :shrug:

not at all :hug2: I do think there are some strongly held steve beliefs which will hit the bin in the coming months/years. a smaller tablet was I suspect always on the cards but they're going to need to do something about touch for larger displays etc.

A lot of people think of Apple as truly innovative but I don't necessarily think that's true. What they've tended to do is see a concept that's working and then make it hugely better and sell it. OK that's innovative in its own way but it's not invention exactly.

What they've been brilliant at is executing the vision and there I agree with you. We may well be starting to see that vision being not so far sighted as it was with Steve. In other words, instead of taking something that's ahead of its time and making it great, we may be starting to see a lot more taking stuff that's out there now and tweaking it.

catrancher
25-10-2012, 11:32 AM
Actually, I had heard that Jobs was initially opposed to a smaller iPad but then, shortly before his death, had softened on it and was actively considering it. Knowing that Apple typically has about 5 years of product in the pipeline makes me think that Jobs had indeed blessed the smaller form factor at some point in time.

A lot of people think of Apple as truly innovative but I don't necessarily think that's true.

That's so very true! :yes:

Look at the original Mac interface. Mouse, graphical display. Came straight out of Xerox PARC labs. As Jobs himself once said:

We have always been shameless about stealing great ideas.

Tom (:macwave:... and what good little thief's they are!)