PDA

View Full Version : Our Night at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party

Wendy
24-10-2012, 08:43 PM
This has become a bit of a tradition for us, I love this party and personally think it is the best Party that WDW has. I much prefer it to the Christmas Party which I have done twice now.

This year we went on Tuesday 25th September and arrived at the Magic Kingdom at about 4pm. We didn't have a reservation for dinner, but planned to eat in Cosmic Rays later in the evening. We arrived just in time for the Flag Retreat, it always brings a tear to my eye as I watch the people around put their hands to their chests and sing the anthem, you can see the pride they have for their country.

13400.vB

13401.vB

13402.vB

13403.vB

13404.vB

13405.vB

13406.vB

We then strolled down Main Street trying to avoid the people coming towards us, I've never seen it so busy this early before. There were a few people dressed up, but not as many as I thought there would be, I was glad I hadn't :) Chris was able to get some good shots of people in their outfits, some of them had obviously taken a long time to get ready, whilst others..............well :lol:

13407.vB

13408.vB

13409.vB

13410.vB

13411.vB

13412.vB

13413.vB

13414.vB

We wandered over to Splash Mountain as I desperately wanted to get a photo of the 7 dwarfs, sadly it was only 6.30pm and the line was already past the 40 minute sign :sigh: never mind, maybe one day :)

We had decided not to go trick or treating this year until much later as we wanted to just enjoy the atmosphere and later on a lot of the children have gone so it is a little less chaotic.

We went into Cosmic Rays and had a bite to eat, I was planning on having ribs and chicken, but that station was closed, so we chose the bacon burger which was delcious as usual.

After feeling completely full we started to make our way to Main Street to watch the parade, I don't know what made us decide to watch the early one this year as we normally see the later parade. Main Street was packed, so we walked along looking for a space but found nothing, so decided to stand in the hub, which was as it turned out was a good choice.

Here are some photos of the parade:

13415.vB

13416.vB

13417.vB

13418.vB

13419.vB

13420.vB

13421.vB

13422.vB

13423.vB

13424.vB

13425.vB

13426.vB

13427.vB

13428.vB

13429.vB

13430.vB

13431.vB

13432.vB

13433.vB

When this was over, we went across to the Train Station to grab some seats that had been vacated by people who had watched the parade. Chris wanted to take some photos of the fireworks from here as it had been a while since he'd done this. Sadly, people were swinging on the rail, so even though he's attached his camera to it, with the hope of it being still a lot of the photos didn't come out to his standard. Here are just a few that survived after he'd looked at them and even now he would not be happy if he knew I'd posted them.

13434.vB

13435.vB

13436.vB

After the fireworks a lot of people started to leave and the park quietened down nicely :) We went over to Tomorrowland to have watch the dance party with Goofy, Stitch and Pluto, I love watching the faces of the children when one of the characters comes over and starts dancing with them. After a few hugs and high fives from Goofy and Pluto, we walked over to Storybook Circus to see what it looked like in the dark. I think it looks nicer at night than it does during the day.

We decided at that point to go trick or treating for our little man :D Chris kept stopping for some photos and he took a lovely photo of the Liberty Belle.

13437.vB

By now, it was getting late and I could hardly walk so we decided it was time to leave. I think I speak for Chris as well, but we had a great time doing things at a slower pace and we will probably do the same thing next year :D

Lisa1976
24-10-2012, 09:36 PM
I love the costumes :)

Fantastically crisp photos, can I ask what camera you guys use?

foreverducky
24-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Wow, that's a lot of spandex on that lady in the leotard.

I love all the costumes!

The parade looks like a lot of fun. The ghosts are very interesting. I'm always so impressed with the detail.

Tink
25-10-2012, 01:20 AM
Wonderful photos, Wendy. Thank you for sharing them with us.

Johnie
25-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Lol that's Barbie and Ken :-)

foreverducky
25-10-2012, 01:40 AM

:lol: I guess it is....now it's even funnier that she's wearing all that spandex.

Britchick
25-10-2012, 06:39 AM
Sounds like you had fun! What time do you recommend lining up for the 7 dwarves?

uscwest
25-10-2012, 11:07 AM
It sounds like you and Chris did indeed have a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing the photos.

piglet
25-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Oh Wendy, I can't believe this was the night that we went. We got there round about the same time as we had a booking at Liberty Tree at 4.30pm (wouldn't go back there again, food not my cup of tea). We watched the parade from somewhere near Splash Mountain, watched the fireworks and then started trick and treating. My poor little GS was absolutely dead on his feet, not long after this so he had a piggyback to the bus which was waiting for us. It was a great night.:wiggle::wiggle:

Slowhand
25-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Great photos Wendy....and tell Chris there`s now`t wrong with the fireworks shots! :thumbsup:

Mari
25-10-2012, 04:44 PM
wow!!

Thank you so much!

The pictures were wonderful! Now Im excited to go in the future :)

Wendy
25-10-2012, 04:49 PM
I love the costumes :)

Fantastically crisp photos, can I ask what camera you guys use?

Thank you, it will mean a lot to Chris, he's not happy with them at all. He has an old Canon 40D but he is hoping to upgrade soon, so he keeps telling me :lol:

Wendy
25-10-2012, 04:50 PM

:lol: We wondered who they were meant to be :lol:

Wendy
25-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Great photos Wendy....and tell Chris there`s now`t wrong with the fireworks shots! :thumbsup:

Thanks Terry, but you know what he's like :rolleyes:

Wendy
25-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Oh Wendy, I can't believe this was the night that we went. We got there round about the same time as we had a booking at Liberty Tree at 4.30pm (wouldn't go back there again, food not my cup of tea). We watched the parade from somewhere near Splash Mountain, watched the fireworks and then started trick and treating. My poor little GS was absolutely dead on his feet, not long after this so he had a piggyback to the bus which was waiting for us. It was a great night.:wiggle::wiggle:

You are joking :sigh: knowing my luck I was probably stood in line behind you :lol:

Wendy
25-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Sounds like you had fun! What time do you recommend lining up for the 7 dwarves?

Seriously Julie, if you want to have your photos with them, you will probably have to line up at 6pm at the latest, to even stand a chance of being one of the first in the line.

Johnie
25-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Oh yes, ken and Barbie were in Toy Story 3. We saw people last year who did that as well. Cute outfit but I couldn't imagine wearing spandex in public!

Britchick
25-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Seriously Julie, if you want to have your photos with them, you will probably have to line up at 6pm at the latest, to even stand a chance of being one of the first in the line.

that is not a problem, there will be no rolling of eyes when we want to do things like this :tongue::rolleyes3:

Wendy
25-10-2012, 07:14 PM
that is not a problem, there will be no rolling of eyes when we want to do things like this :tongue::rolleyes3:

It will be worth getting there early if you can, it will be a brilliant photo to get a photo with them :yes:

Britchick
25-10-2012, 07:23 PM
It will be worth getting there early if you can, it will be a brilliant photo to get a photo with them :yes:

we'll be there from 4 ish i think, then start lining up at 5.45. Which side of SM are they?

Wendy
25-10-2012, 07:48 PM
As you go down the steps there is an area for children to play on the right hand side, there will be an area set up past there on the right, it's before you get to the shop.

Suebeattie
25-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Wonderful pictures Wendy. Thank you for sharing.

:wiggle:

Wendy
25-10-2012, 09:00 PM
Thanks Sue :)

Lisa1976
26-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Thank you, it will mean a lot to Chris, he's not happy with them at all. He has an old Canon 40D but he is hoping to upgrade soon, so he keeps telling me :lol:

I love my 40D, it takes brilliant pictures. What lens is he using? He should be very happy with those, there fantastic :)

Wendy
26-10-2012, 07:27 AM
I love my 40D, it takes brilliant pictures. What lens is he using? He should be very happy with those, there fantastic :)

Umm, pass :lol: I'll ask him when he gets home :)

He is very self critical when it comes to his photographs.

Lisa1976
26-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Thanks Wendy. My hubby is just the same :)

MystikPiglit
26-10-2012, 12:53 PM
Superb photos of the parade, Wendy, and the Liberty Belle photo is beautiful. :thumbsup:

Tishypops
06-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Can I ask about the etiquette with lines for character greetings like this, I would happily queue from 5:30 to get this picture but I dont think DHs knees could take i (hence us getting an assistance pass for him whilst we are there). Is it completely inappropriate for me to wait in line and DH join me later (we would all be on the one picture so it wouldn't slow anyone else down)

Beccaberry
06-06-2013, 11:28 AM
I personally don't see a problem with that at all. He could simply stand off to the side and join you when you walked up to the character - easy peasy.

Wendy
06-06-2013, 11:48 AM
A lot of people do it, so I don't think there would be a problem, it might be difficult if he has to make his way along the line though.

I have noticed Guests with an Assistance Pass go up the exit to a Cast Member, show their pass and then get their photo taken. I don't know if the Pass is meant for meet and greets as well, but I have seen it happen :shrug: It might be worth emailing Disney and asking.

The other thing to bear in mind is that if you got to one of the first few Parties, the crowds are very light, so you might not have to wait a long time. The characters don't become available until 7pm.

Tishypops
06-06-2013, 11:51 AM
Sorry to sound really dumb but parties?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wendy
06-06-2013, 12:41 PM
No, it's my description :lol:

There is a party twice a week in September and so if you go to one early on the crowds are low :)

Tishypops
06-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Ahhhhh ok lol

Wendy
06-06-2013, 12:50 PM
Ahhhhh ok lol

What more can I say, I'm blonde :D

Tishypops
06-06-2013, 12:50 PM
I am so torn as to which one to do. We don't arrive until the 6th so I think possibly the 10th is a little too early to do the party (although we will head over to do dinner ;) lol) but I am concerned Friday 13th will be packed because it is Halloween themed and obviously Friday 13th would be cool to do that on but the 17th might be a but late for the party crowds.

Tishypops
06-06-2013, 12:51 PM
What more can I say, I'm blonde :D

No it makes absolute sense, hmmm if you think it's a blonde comment and I think it's logical what does that say about me hahaha

Wendy
06-06-2013, 02:21 PM
I am so torn as to which one to do. We don't arrive until the 6th so I think possibly the 10th is a little too early to do the party (although we will head over to do dinner ;) lol) but I am concerned Friday 13th will be packed because it is Halloween themed and obviously Friday 13th would be cool to do that on but the 17th might be a but late for the party crowds.

Oh no don't do the party on the 13th, you need to be at Hollywood Studios on that day, they are having Unleash the Villains Night. Disney's advertising information says "Disney villains are so excited about Friday the 13th, they're taking over Disney's Hollywood Studios! Join in the fun for a night of mischief and a villainous dance party that will last until the 13th hour (1 a.m.)" We are going to that hopefully :D

We were going on the 10th, the only reason we aren't now is because Chris can isn't a big MK fan , he enjoys it much more than he did, but I thought if I booked BoG for another night then we would be able to stay in the park later for 2 nights instead of 1 :lol:

A mid week party is usually quieter than a Friday night party.

Tishypops
06-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Ooooooh ok yes I am doing HS that night!!!!! I think now I strain my brain I remember reading something about it. That messes up my itinerary again now though hahaha

Wendy
06-06-2013, 02:32 PM
Ooooooh ok yes I am doing HS that night!!!!! I think now I strain my brain I remember reading something about it. That messes up my itinerary again now though hahaha

:lol: The joys of making plans :lol:

Beccaberry
06-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Oh no don't do the party on the 13th, you need to be at Hollywood Studios on that day, they are having Unleash the Villains Night. Disney's advertising information says "Disney villains are so excited about Friday the 13th, they're taking over Disney's Hollywood Studios! Join in the fun for a night of mischief and a villainous dance party that will last until the 13th hour (1 a.m.)" We are going to that hopefully :D

We were going on the 10th, the only reason we aren't now is because Chris can isn't a big MK fan , he enjoys it much more than he did, but I thought if I booked BoG for another night then we would be able to stay in the park later for 2 nights instead of 1 :lol:

A mid week party is usually quieter than a Friday night party.

I'm so disappointed that we'll miss this! It sounds like so much fun!

keith
06-06-2013, 03:00 PM
really enjoyed reading this thread again... so much fun

Wendy
06-06-2013, 03:05 PM
Why thank you kind Sir :D :hug2: