PDA

View Full Version : Say it isn't so!

Tink
10-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Just "heard" that Main St. Bakery is closing and will be replaced by Starbuck's. :hopmad:

Johnie
10-11-2012, 02:47 AM
No!!!!!!

DisneyFreak
10-11-2012, 03:19 AM
WHAT?!? Shame on Disney!

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

uscwest
10-11-2012, 03:50 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CouchFisher
10-11-2012, 04:26 AM
When?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Dawn
10-11-2012, 06:35 AM
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

Britchick
10-11-2012, 08:55 AM
What? :lalala::lalala:

lisaw
10-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Nooooo! This is why I didn't want them at disney in the first place!

MystikPiglit
10-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I was really hoping that it was just a nasty rumour. :(

Wendy
10-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Well that is just plain stupid, what is the matter with Disney :nono:

Claire
10-11-2012, 11:25 AM
Why would they even do that????

Wendy
10-11-2012, 11:31 AM
I wonder if everyone that was happy Starbucks was coming to Disney will be so happy now :sigh:

Claire
10-11-2012, 11:41 AM
I wonder if everyone that was happy Starbucks was coming to Disney will be so happy now :sigh:

I remember saying I didn't want them at Disney. I just didn't want a recognised corporate image diluting the fairy tale environment. :(

Wendy
10-11-2012, 11:46 AM
I remember saying I didn't want them at Disney. I just didn't want a recognised corporate image diluting the fairy tale environment. :(

I'm the same Claire, there is a place for companies like Starbuck, but it's definitely not at Disney :(

piglet
10-11-2012, 12:00 PM
I heard that the Main Street bakery will be closing in January for refurbishment and then become Starbucks :nono::nono: Where am I going to get my cinnamon buns from now? Loved that bakery, it was nearly always our first stop to grab a bun and a coffee. Why would they want to change that, it's part of the spirit of Disney. I'm sure Walt will be turning in his grave :sorry:

MystikPiglit
10-11-2012, 12:08 PM
For anyone on Facebook, go to the WaltDisneyWorld page and voice your opinion on their 'recommendations'. Maybe they'll listen......

Tink
10-11-2012, 01:03 PM
Including all your comments, additionally I really dislike Starbuck's coffee. :(

WDW didn't have the best coffee to be true (Maxwell House or Nescafe or something like that) but it was drinkable. Starbuck's is burnt. Ick.

Look out for it. Casey's will become Nathan's next. :( (I don't know that by any means, just venting).

I know that it's probably good to have corporate sponsors, but what happens if Starbuck's wants to close?

I guess I'm seriously old fashioned. :( I just like the thoughts of Disney being Disney and not a collection of a bunch of different companies.

Turning into a mall, isn't it? :sigh:

foreverducky
10-11-2012, 01:09 PM
:sigh: no :sigh:

catrancher
10-11-2012, 01:22 PM
:thumbsdown:

Tom (:macwave:... not pleased!)

keith
10-11-2012, 01:44 PM
I dropped an email to a friend who works at Disney (though not in this area). They said this,

"not directly my scene but from what I can see it's not as bad as you think. It won't close and reopen as a starbucks. It'll close and behind the scenes they'll put in starbucks coffee makers and so on but then it'll reopen as the same type of outlet as before just now it'll offer a starbucks coffee opportunity. Any branding would be sympathetic to the context of the location as is always the case"

Wendy
10-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Thanks Keith :hug2: still not happy about them coming into the parks at all though - I don't drink coffee and can't stand Starbuck's hot chocolate :shrug:

Tink
10-11-2012, 02:24 PM
So they are just going to put out those pump and serve carafes with burnt coffee? That'll work.

Mags
10-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Totally %&*^ed off about this. I hate Starbucks insipid brew with a passion. I could just about put up with them taking over the provision of coffee in the Main Street Bakery but to take the whole thing over is a bad decision on Disney's part as far as Im concerned. I hope that you are correct Keith that there will be a degree of sympathy, ie: cinnamon buns and ice cream sandwiches being the very least they offer.

Mags

keith
10-11-2012, 03:34 PM
I hope that you are correct Keith that there will be a degree of sympathy, ie: cinnamon buns and ice cream sandwiches being the very least they offer.

Mags

yeah :/ I agree with you completely.

I got a bit of "attitude" for asking :lol: as if I was mad for worrying that they'd pollute the experience with an imposing brand. We'll see I guess!

Johnie
10-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Ok that makes me feel better. That's a good compromise. I only like Starbucks frappacinnos since it makes the burnt taste go away

To those who are upset about the corporate sponsorship, why? Just about everything at Disney has a corporate sponsor. I remember our first trip in 1996 and was shocked to see Exxon, Kodak, etc all over everything.

uscwest
11-11-2012, 02:06 PM
I just wish that Disney would bring back the Douwe Egbert's Coffee that they had when we first went down on a long trip several years ago. At least in most of the TS restaurants one can still get a decent cup of coffee.

Mari
12-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Im guessing this will be a wait and see game until it reopens!

PandaluvsSushi
13-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Replaced by...starbucks? What the...

I've lost my faith in humanity....

BUTTERHEAD1
14-11-2012, 01:31 AM
I enjoy a cup of coffee once in a while... maybe 2-3 cups a week however my wife has 2-3 cups a day. The thing about coffee in Disney is that we usually go in August so a hot drink is not something I crave unless its after a nice dinner. The only thing I drink from Starbucks is their lattes... Not a fan if their coffee....I also don't care for Dunkins Donuts coffee but will drink it in a pinch...I find the coffee at the local diners to be much better than the either store. I really hope that WDW doesn't start allowing commercial establishments to open shop in the parks.

josh.p.
14-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm pretty sure I remember Paris having 'illy' brand of coffee, but honestly I don't remember as it was done quite well to the point where I couldn't tell you what coffee they served. All I know is that I wouldn't want coffee in Florida anyway!!

disney-fan
15-11-2012, 03:42 AM
Wait where am i going to get my slice of chocolate cake :worship:

Faythstar
07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
I looked this up and found that Disney made this statement after the outcry about Starbucks:

"Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A."

So at least we'll still have the goodies we all know and love!

The full article is here:Link removed by Administrator.

Eidian
18-12-2012, 07:52 PM
I was upset when the Penny Arcade was reduced to a retail area because my 4 y/o daughter loves the Pinocchio puppet machine (fortunately we found it in the Frontierland store). I went to the bakery only once so my feelings aren't as strong as many of you other's are.

But there is one thing that I have noticed when I go go DCA, there are a LOT of people holding Starbucks cups. It's too bad that the bakery is being "sacrificed" but better there than the Coca Cola Cafe where I always make first stop to get a soda and jalapeño-cheese pretzel. ;-)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tink
20-12-2012, 02:08 AM
Eidian! It's so nice to hear from you! :yes:

You are right, there are other places that could have caused a bigger stir. Can you imagine if Disney replaced the Dole Whip place with a Starbuck's? :eek:

Wendy
20-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Noooooo not Aloha Isle I'd have been really devastated :(

Eidian
20-12-2012, 04:51 PM
Eidian! It's so nice to hear from you! :yes:

You are right, there are other places that could have caused a bigger stir. Can you imagine if Disney replaced the Dole Whip place with a Starbuck's? :eek:

Thank you Tink!

Replacing the Dole Whip stand would've caused a riot. Imagine thousands of angry guests waving their Pirates swords while wearing their Mickey Mouse ears at the front gates.

SleepinCatz
20-12-2012, 04:58 PM
What they need to do Coffee wise is serve the coffee they sell in the gift shops- using bottled water of course....Florida water leaves alot to be desired lol.:lol:

Tink
21-12-2012, 10:40 AM
Thank you Tink!

Replacing the Dole Whip stand would've caused a riot. Imagine thousands of angry guests waving their Pirates swords while wearing their Mickey Mouse ears at the front gates.

:lol: That conjures up quite a picture!! :lol: