View Full Version : Are there any decent counter service options

12-11-2012, 08:21 PM
at Hollywood Studios?

We've eaten counter service meals there twice, at ABC Commisiary and at the Studio Catering Company and haven't been impressed

12-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Tumbleweed......... Mmmm I used to like pizza planet but last year it was all greasy.

12-11-2012, 09:56 PM
Haven't eaten there but understand Fairfax Fare has upgraded their fare.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

13-11-2012, 01:35 AM
You know? We've never eaten there but once at ABC. It wasn't good either. Herself ate at Mama Melrose once with her sister. Unimpressed.

13-11-2012, 08:51 PM
I just never know where to eat when we go to that park!

We had a nice lunch, nothing spectacular, at Hollywood & Vine, and Im guessing the other restaurants are similar, so, not really worth the money they cost. But then thinking about counter service options, and they are even worse hahahaha :lol:

Im stuck!

We tried to leave to go to Beaches N Cream last time we were there, but the kids didnt want to leave the park, so something right there would be best

14-11-2012, 12:50 AM
HS is my least favorite park in terms of dining. We usually go to pizza planet for our counter meal. When I was there in August I had a beer at the outdoor bar near the giant Coke bottle and grabbed a sandwich at the counter service right around the corner from the bar. I have no idea what the name of the bar or the counter service place but I do remember that I enjoyed the sandwich very much and the beer was pretty good too.

14-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Mari, it isn't counter service but 50's Prime Time serves very good food. I don't know how much English your girls speak but the staff is quite interactive.

14-11-2012, 04:18 AM
We always have a wonderful time at 50's Prime Time Cafe. We also enjoy Mama Melrose. And I had a phenomenal lunch at Brown Derby when I dined with the Imaganeer

14-11-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm with the others, I love 50's Prime Time (even though it's not counter service). The food is good and the entertainment value is great (even if you do more of observing than interacting).

14-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Mari, it isn't counter service but 50's Prime Time serves very good food. I don't know how much English your girls speak but the staff is quite interactive.

Weve never done 50's Prime Time, but I have to admit it kind of scares me ... :sorry: I guess its just not the same when you are not a native speaker.

Tatiana understands far more English than Natalia, Im hoping that by next August it will be enough for her to be able to interact a bit more with characters.... it will still take Natalia 2-4 years to get to that point...

14-11-2012, 07:43 PM
We grabbed lunch at Fairfax Fare last week. They have a chicken and BBQ ribs meal that could easily feed 2 if not 3. You get a quarter chicken, a quarter slab of BBQ ribs (3-4 bones), Cole slaw and baked beans. Not the best I've ever had, but actually pretty good. Y
ou can also get just ribs or just chicken

15-11-2012, 05:20 PM
Thank you

so, we will probably try Fairfax Fare next time...