PDA

View Full Version : A year without ukwdwnut

Lauren Rogers
29-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to recognise that yesterday was the year anniversary that we lost Mick, my dad.

I wanted to say thanks for all your lovely words as my family and I found great comfort from everyone who knew him on here.

In the year since he passed, We've had good times and hard times and were working towards fulfilling all the things he wanted to achieve including the 'celebration of life' trip to Florida and Miami.

Thank you again to all his friends on here,

Lots of love Lauren :grouphug: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Britchick
29-11-2012, 01:08 PM
lots of love to you all Lauren :hug2:

MystikPiglit
29-11-2012, 01:12 PM
:hug2:

Wendy
29-11-2012, 01:23 PM

Deb
29-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi Lauren :hug2: Lots of love to you and your family at this time of remembering your lovely Dad.

We miss him still, but he will always be a big part of this place :yes:

arkvilla
29-11-2012, 01:51 PM

I often look at the star at the top of the page and think of Mick :-)

Sandra

Watchinherskip
29-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Thank you Lauren.

I think it is wonderful to celebrate his life at WDW. What a fitting way to remember him. I was fortunate to be there last January and got a chance to toast his life with my brother and remember his life. We miss him here, I miss him here.

Lisa1976
29-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Big hugs to you and your family Lauren

lisaw
29-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Thinking of you all Lauren, he will be missed here always :hug2:

Dorothy
29-11-2012, 03:52 PM
I think about him all the time honey. He will never be forgotten :hug2:

Slowhand
29-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Rest assured that your Dad is still looking down on us Lauren.
He really is missed by all of us here. :hug2:

keith
29-11-2012, 05:35 PM
I too often look at the star and think of Mick. I still pick up my phone when it buzzes expecting it to be a joke of the day from him.

He really is very missed indeed although he'll always be here with us :hug2:

Isafari
29-11-2012, 06:03 PM
I often look at the star at the top of the page and think of Mick

Me too - still miss the crazy guy. Love to you and your family Lauren :hug2:

catrancher
29-11-2012, 06:59 PM
I still keep waiting for him to tell me again just how wrong I am.

I miss that. :sigh:

Tom (:macwave:... and yes, I'm still a Mac bigot despite his best efforts!)

Lauren Rogers
29-11-2012, 07:28 PM
Thanks guys,

I know, I think the star is a lovely dedication to him. I had a star named after him and we are hoping to get a telescope so that we can see it as we have the co'ordinates for it.

My dad and I were very interested in astronomy and loved laying outside watching a meteor shower etc so it is very appropriate that he has the star dedicated to him. :yes:

I miss the jokes also, I had to tell him off for sending me inappropriate rude jokes sometimes! He had a filthy sense of humour!

And Tom, I know how passionate he was about microsoft lol, (he still had an apple iphone though!)

Watchinherskip, thats lovely of you to toast his life at wdw, that would mean so much to him. I think I'll find wishes hard to watch as he loved it so much.

xxx

Johnie
29-11-2012, 08:01 PM
I can't believe it has been a year. I miss him as well. Lol and I loved his filthy jokes!

lozzy
29-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Can't believe it's been a year since a great man was taken.
But although he has now gone to join the stars he loved to look at, he will never be forgotten.
We are going to Florida in August and I will be toast him when we are watching wishes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dizneyblonde
29-11-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm glad I also have my own star in his memory.
I can still picture him sat on my sofa telling me how he wanted his bacon cooked for his breakfast!

As Take That once said...Never Forget

Xxx

Lauren Rogers
29-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm glad I also have my own star in his memory.
I can still picture him sat on my sofa telling me how he wanted his bacon cooked for his breakfast!

As Take That once said...Never Forget

Xxx

I was looking through the pictures of when you came to my flat when i lived in staffordshire when we went to alton towers and the pictures from camping in devon. Hope the kids are getting on well, they must be teenagers now?!
x

uscwest
30-11-2012, 03:18 AM
Lauren, as you know from all these comments, your dad is greatly missed here. It is hard to believe it has been a year that he has been gone. :hug2::hug2:to you and the family.

Dawn
30-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Wow a whole year. :sigh:

Tink
30-11-2012, 09:37 AM
I still forget sometimes. I still look for his comments on a thread, or wonder why he hasn't yet made a comment.

It's his cheerfulness, his willingness to be supportive of anyone that I miss most. His quirky sense of humor, and dear g-d, his love for his family...

The star here really helps me. It shows me, "I'm here, in the light, in the shining brightness. I know you don't forget."

I am truly thankful that you come here and keep us posted on how you are all doing. He was so very proud of you and your successful business ventures.

I hope you always find a moment or two to stop by and let us know how you are doing.

Take care, and enjoy every minute at WDW. Our Mick loved it so.

Esmeralda
30-11-2012, 01:29 PM
I got a rude joke for ya Mick.... up there in Heaven.. ;)

A woman answers the phone to a heavy breather who says to her... "I bet you have a tight little asshole" to which she replies... I do as a matter of fact he's sitting here on the sofa... who shall I say wants to speak to him?

Dizneyblonde
30-11-2012, 06:16 PM
I was looking through the pictures of when you came to my flat when i lived in staffordshire when we went to alton towers and the pictures from camping in devon. Hope the kids are getting on well, they must be teenagers now?!
x

Lots of happy memories Lauren and some great photos too.
I had a star tattooed on my back in your Dad's memory similar to the Secrets one.

Robyn is 19 in Jan and is at Uni.Jack is 16 and has just started 6th form...

Mags
02-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Love to all the family Lauren at this difficult time. Unfortunately I can say I know exactly how you feel. :hug2:

Mags

Beccaberry
03-12-2012, 03:19 PM
:hug2: Thinking of you all, always.