PDA

View Full Version : First Pookie update

Shellyamc
15-08-2008, 09:33 PM
We had our first appointment yesterday and everything is going well. It was a new doctor because my old one is all by himself right now and couldn't fit me in because of when I'm due :sigh;. But so far I really like my new doctor and I felt very comfortable with him :p015: They checked me out and said that Katelyn coming early shouldn't have any effect on Pookie and I should have no problem with carrying to full term. I think we traced Katelyn being 3 weeks early back to some dental trouble I was having at the time :rolleyes008: So we have a due date of April 11th for now :) Other than that appointments every 4 weeks and my first sono at about 14 weeks.

This has been your Pookie update for today :D

Isafari
15-08-2008, 09:37 PM
How exciting for you :yes: It's very good that you're comfortable with your new doctor too. Are you going to find out if it's going to be a boy or a girl...or do you want a surprise?
:hug2:

kazzaqld
15-08-2008, 09:37 PM
thank you for sharing Shelley - look forward to more updates as Pookie progresses!

How exciting for you all! :hug2:

Claire
15-08-2008, 10:14 PM
I shall enjoy hearing all about Pookie's journey from now till we finally meet him/her!

Also it's so important to that you feel good about your doctor!

disneymom
15-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Thats so exciting :hug2:

Shellyamc
15-08-2008, 10:40 PM
I don't think we will be finding out if Pookie is a boy or a girl :p:lol: It drove everyone in my family CRAZY...but I loved that "you have a baby girl!" moment. It was so special.

I was really nervous about my doctor. I loved the one I went to for Katelyn and I was just so upset that I had to make a new "relationship" at a time like this. It is a practice of 3 doctors, 2 men and 2 woman, and so far they all seem very nice. They will make sure I see a different one each time, so that by the time I deliver I will be comfortable with each one. The nurses seem really sweet and I even got a goodie bag, so I'm happy so far!

Tink
16-08-2008, 01:44 AM
It is so very important to have a good relationship with your doctor. Taht seems like a lot of doctors to go through though! Are you going to Utica to deliver? :unsure:

So our Pookie is doing well! WONDERFUL! :yes: Will look forward to hearing more about Pookie's progress. :yes:

Shellyamc
16-08-2008, 04:35 AM
It is so very important to have a good relationship with your doctor. Taht seems like a lot of doctors to go through though! Are you going to Utica to deliver? :unsure:

So our Pookie is doing well! WONDERFUL! :yes: Will look forward to hearing more about Pookie's progress. :yes:

Yes, we will deliver in Utica :p015: Our only other option these days is Cooperstown and although I have heard wonderful things about the hospital there, it is a longer ride then I am comfortable with. It seems long to me on a good day when I'm not in labor :lol: I had Katelyn in Utica and we were very happy with the whole process. The nurses were very nice and we felt well taken care of. When we got home I really missed the woman who kept bringing me ice cold apple juice :sigh; :lol:

Beccaberry
16-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Well done mom and Pookie!! :yes: Seems like everyone is faring well and coming along nicely...April 11, eh? Just before tax day!! :lol: Excellent!!

Glad to hear things are going well, Shelly...how are *you* feeling? Not overdoing it I hope?

Tink
16-08-2008, 09:17 AM
Wow. Cooperstown is the only alternative? That's is a long ride! :eek: I'm just happy for you that you have a doc and a delivery site that you are comfortable with! :yes:

lisaw
16-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Glad things are going well Shelly, It's so exciting! :hug2:

luvthemouse
16-08-2008, 02:19 PM
Yay! We have a countdown! I am so excited for you...:hug2:

Shellyamc
16-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Well done mom and Pookie!! :yes: Seems like everyone is faring well and coming along nicely...April 11, eh? Just before tax day!! :lol: Excellent!!

Glad to hear things are going well, Shelly...how are *you* feeling? Not overdoing it I hope?

Awwww...a little tax deduction :lol: I didn't think about that! I am doing very well, thank you. I am doing little bits here and there, but not too much. I wish I could help with the painting, but I'm staying away :sigh; I really was never sick when I carried Katelyn and it looks like it is going to be the same this time. I'm lucky, I guess:yes:

Wow. Cooperstown is the only alternative? That's is a long ride! :eek: I'm just happy for you that you have a doc and a delivery site that you are comfortable with! :yes:

Yup, no one around here delivers except Utica and Cooperstown. You can go to other places for basic care, but to deliver you will end up at one or the other. Seems strange, but I'm just glad the hospital in Utica isn't going downhill like everything else there :rolleyes008:

Tink
16-08-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh gosh, you are so right. Utica is so very depressing. :( I am not knocking the area, honest. My parents live in the general vicinity, but I truly hate going up there and seeing how drab, dirty and economically depressed Utica is. There seems to be so very few areas to have a decent meal... and every time you turn around something is catching fire (usually arson suspected).

The hospitals remain remarkably good though. Amazes me! But keeps me feeling ok with regard to my parents' health. At least I know they have good medical care at the ready.

Eeeesh! Didn't mean to go on about Utica, in a sweet Pookie thread! :sorry:

mainecoon lover
16-08-2008, 03:45 PM
Thanks for including us all in yours and Pookie update. I agree in not wanting to know if its a boy or girl until the baby is born, so much more special.

Taja
16-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Yes, we will deliver in Utica :p015: Our only other option these days is Cooperstown and although I have heard wonderful things about the hospital there, it is a longer ride then I am comfortable with. It seems long to me on a good day when I'm not in labor :lol: I had Katelyn in Utica and we were very happy with the whole process. The nurses were very nice and we felt well taken care of. When we got home I really missed the woman who kept bringing me ice cold apple juice :sigh; :lol:

Thanks for the Pookie update, Shelly! Glad both of you--all of you!--are doing well.

SleepinCatz
17-08-2008, 12:40 AM
Fantastic news doll :) but if Pookie wants to come just a little late..I hear April 26th is a great day for being born:wink:

Shellyamc
17-08-2008, 01:43 AM
Oh gosh, you are so right. Utica is so very depressing. :( I am not knocking the area, honest. My parents live in the general vicinity, but I truly hate going up there and seeing how drab, dirty and economically depressed Utica is. There seems to be so very few areas to have a decent meal... and every time you turn around something is catching fire (usually arson suspected).

The hospitals remain remarkably good though. Amazes me! But keeps me feeling ok with regard to my parents' health. At least I know they have good medical care at the ready.

Eeeesh! Didn't mean to go on about Utica, in a sweet Pookie thread! :sorry:

No worries. The arson thing is getting really freaky around there. A few people are trying to clean it up and get things moving again, but people just don't seem to want it to get better. I guess time will tell :sigh;

Fantastic news doll :) but if Pookie wants to come just a little late..I hear April 26th is a great day for being born:wink:

I will cross my legs and hold on as long as I can :lol: I would want Pookie to have a good Birthday :yes:

Tink
17-08-2008, 01:45 AM
OH! No need to wait! :D April 2nd is a great date too! :D :D :lol:

Shellyamc
17-08-2008, 01:47 AM
OH! No need to wait! :D April 2nd is a great date too! :D :D :lol:

LOL...oh no..this is going to get ugly :lol:

Beccaberry
17-08-2008, 02:00 AM
LOL...well May 11 is lovely as well....but I adore you Shel and would NOT wish THAT on you :D

kazzaqld
17-08-2008, 02:16 AM
My nephew was born on April 6th - he was really late though!

Shellyamc
17-08-2008, 03:21 AM
LOL...well May 11 is lovely as well....but I adore you Shel and would NOT wish THAT on you :D
Thank you!! I don't think I want to wait THAT long!! Well that and my birthday is May 15th..I think that would be a pretty cool gift :)

My nephew was born on April 6th - he was really late though!

I think I like this date better :lol: