PDA

View Full Version : Who's Ready for Christmas

Wendy
19-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Only 6 days to go until Christmas Day, are you ready for the big day?

I am happy to say I am finally ready, I wrapped presents yesterday, all my cards have been sent and all that's left to do is pick up the turkey and get the vegetables on Christmas Eve :)

I have managed to ice the remaining cakes, sort of :lol: they will just have plastic decorations on them though as I can't make anything.

We are having dinner at home on Christmas Day and then going to friends for the evening, on Boxing Day we are going to see our friends with the girls :)

Who else is all ready and what are your Christmas plans?

uscwest
19-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Still have some wrapping to do and yesterday Donna's car developed a problem so need to try and get it in to the garage. Christmas day our youngest son, his DW and their 2 boys will be here. We will also be hosting our Jewish friend and his girl friend for dinner, which will be Roast Prime Rib with Yorkshire Pudding.

Wendy
19-12-2012, 10:29 AM
Yum, I've heard lots of good things about your Roast Prime Rib and Yorkshire Puddings :D

Hope Donna's car gets fixed :hug2:

catrancher
19-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Oh... I am. I'm ready. :yes:

I think. :unsure:

Maybe. :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... wonder what I've forgotten?)

keith
19-12-2012, 12:12 PM
Christmas???? no one mentioned it, when is it >?!?!??! :unsure:

So no :lol: completely unprepared in every way.

Wendy
19-12-2012, 12:44 PM
Oh... I am. I'm ready. :yes:

I think. :unsure:

Maybe. :mental:

Tom (:macwave:... wonder what I've forgotten?)

Christmas???? no one mentioned it, when is it >?!?!??! :unsure:

So no :lol: completely unprepared in every way.

............but have you both bought your lovely wives something special :D

keith
19-12-2012, 12:44 PM

well they have us? :unsure:

catrancher
19-12-2012, 12:45 PM

:yes: :angel:

Tom (:macwave:... who knows upon which side his bread is buttered!)

Wendy
19-12-2012, 01:28 PM
well they have us? :unsure:

Keith, I know Helen is very lucky to have you, but I hope you have got her something :lol:

:yes: :angel:

Tom (:macwave:... who knows upon which side his bread is buttered!)

Wow, finally a man that is organised and not shopping on Christmas eve :lol:

keith
19-12-2012, 01:34 PM
Keith, I know Helen is very lucky to have you, but I hope you have got her something :lol:

I have yes :yes: amazon is incredible useful

Wendy
19-12-2012, 02:07 PM
I have yes :yes: amazon is incredible useful

Well I hope you used the link on the right :D

Watchinherskip
19-12-2012, 02:20 PM
You would ask that question...wouldn't you???:nono:

:unsure:Well almost done. I have a few more items to get today for my lovely wife. I think another present for my goofy brother. Something like some fishing flies..

Only have a half day on Friday. Guess I will spend it getting the wrapping done, preparing the car, and packing. DW, DD and DP (that is dear poochie) will be heading to Pennsylvania to spend the holidays in Nazareth. Fitting right? (We will be heading to Bethlehem as well hehe). We will see family, our old college friends and family, and head back to spend the New Years weekend at the Outer Banks with our VA friends and family. Lots of travelling.

uscwest
19-12-2012, 04:44 PM
Donna's stuff is bought and wrapped. Can't put it under the tree yet because we'll have the boys for a few hours on Saturday.

Britchick
19-12-2012, 06:26 PM
only 1 more thing to wrap, i'm not cooking this year which is great! i have 5 days off so will be spending some nice family time. Might go and see the hobbit on Christmas Eve

foreverducky
19-12-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm not really doing much this year, however I do have two days off (plus the weekend), so I will be enjoying those days in my pjs. I'm very excited about this. I'm sure there will even be naps involved...yep I'm that old. :goingtobed:

:candycanedonald:

Dawn
19-12-2012, 06:45 PM
Presents are wrapped, most of food stashed and Tesco bringing the rest tomorrow. Adrian collecting meat from butcher tomorrow too. Steven's class had their nativity performance on Monday - he was a wise man and the whole performance was done in Italian! :D

We're off to visit Adrian's parents this weekend and my parents are coming to us on Christmas Day - which is probably when I'll figure out what I have forgotten. :lol:

Johnie
19-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Not ready at all! The only presents purchased are the ones that I purchased ages ago.

The Christmas tree and decorations are not up. Sadly I don't think that is going to happen.

Mom and I are headed out at 10am (I have a job club at 9) and headed to Kentucky to see my grandma. We are coming home Sunday. Thankfully I have off the 24th, 25th and 26th.

Tink
20-12-2012, 02:02 AM
I placed my Seven Fishes order tonight at Publix. I'll pick it up on Monday morning.

I have just a couple of things to wrap, but it will be done before Monday night.

I'm as ready as I ever intended to be. :shrug:

Sam
20-12-2012, 02:24 AM
For once I'm organised, cards sent, presents (except for two) wrapped and new kitten delivered by Santa today.

I've had this week off to catch up on washing and ironing, tackling the bomb sites better known as the kids bedrooms and get the house tidy ready for our Mulled Wine and Mince Pie open house for the neighbours on Saturday. So far I've only managed to put on one load of washing and quick general tidy up the house. Thanks to hospital appointments, visitors, delivery of kittens and spending half my life stood in the post office lines I've not managed to get much done. Now I find out that Andrew has decided to finish work for Christmas today so now I have him under my feet. Oh well at least I can get all my ironing done on Sunday - oh no wait a minute, not a chance I'm bag packing with Scouts. Looks like the ironing is going to have be deposited in the back bedroom until the festivities are over.

Just need to get the veg and deliver a couple of pressies to friends and I'm done. I'm supposed to be cooking the dinner this year, but if I know Andrew he won't be able to stop himself interfering until eventually he'll take over. It's that point I shall retire to the living room to construct Gethin's (or rather mine) Lego Star Wars Millenium Falcon.

:santasleigh::santasleigh:

uscwest
20-12-2012, 09:07 AM
I've had this week off to catch up on washing and ironing, tackling the bomb sites better known as the kids bedrooms and get the house tidy ready for our Mulled Wine and Mince Pie open house for the neighbours on Saturday.

YUM, what time does the party start? LOL

Sam
20-12-2012, 09:50 AM
2pm my lovely, I'll be expecting you.

Shellyamc
20-12-2012, 03:28 PM
I am NOT READY!! :mental:

I might be ready by Christmas, but I'm not totally sure. Between getting our living room redone and the baby that loves nothing more than to cuddle all day long, I am very behind this year. I think I have all my shopping done, and I do have 1 or 2 cookies done, but I am going to be busting my tail this weekend to get gifts wrapped, cookies done, and the shopping for Christmas dinner done. :surrender: I am tired already!

Today I am off to be a homeroom parent for Katie's party, Marc's party at nursery school is also today, and then tomorrow is pajama/polar express day! Woo!

Dawn
20-12-2012, 03:34 PM
I'm not ready either.:mental:

Will be spending the rest of today helping Steven to make shortbread and cookies to give as gifts to his teachers tomorrow. :mental:

MystikPiglit
20-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Not ready.... I've been ill plus we have an ongoing family crisis. :hissyfit:
Luckily I have managed to buy the presents and order the meat, so I'm halfway there. :rolleyes:

josh.p.
20-12-2012, 08:21 PM
I'm ready! :yay: Presents bought and wrapped is pretty much the only thing I have to do! Nando has Venison for Christmas dinner!

Tink
21-12-2012, 01:01 AM
I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, Mystikpiglit. :hug2: Shelly, you are SO busy!!! Young mothers. :D

Josh, do deer run wild anywhere near you? I've always heard (get ready for another old wive's tale :D ) that if you feed a dog venni they will chase deer. (Now, how a dog will relate to a hunk of meat being a deer on the hoof is beyond me, but I just thought I'd share that old saw with you). :D

Johnie
21-12-2012, 01:40 AM
13997.vB. For Mick. It's just up. It's not finished being fluffed and certainly not decorated but it sure is pretty

Watchinherskip
21-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Well glad to see the Mayans were confused like the rest of the world. So I guess I better finish preparing. Have a short day at work. Only one planetarium show at 1 then off for last minute shopping, wrapping and packing.

Looks like we will get some snow in Pennsylvania! Some tomorrow and a small storm Christmas Eve. Yay!

DW Sally, DD Alex and I are off tonight to see a wonderful production of the Messiah. That brings it home.

Not sure how much I will be on the forum, so to all my friends here...a very merry, peacful, and restful Christmas!:xmasgraphic:

uscwest
21-12-2012, 09:16 PM
13997. For Mick. It's just up. It's not finished being fluffed and certainly not decorated but it sure is pretty

Pretty indeed Johnie.

josh.p.
24-12-2012, 11:17 PM
I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, Mystikpiglit. :hug2: Shelly, you are SO busy!!! Young mothers. :D

Josh, do deer run wild anywhere near you? I've always heard (get ready for another old wive's tale :D ) that if you feed a dog venni they will chase deer. (Now, how a dog will relate to a hunk of meat being a deer on the hoof is beyond me, but I just thought I'd share that old saw with you). :D

We don't have any wild deer, I've heard that too :) He eats raw lamb, beef and chicken and hasn't managed to chase any livestock yet :rotfl: My Mum told me the same thing though! :lol:

Tink
25-12-2012, 05:50 AM
Yeah, my thoughts exactly!!! If a dog is fed fish, does s/he then go after fish in the ocean? LOL.

Well, it's nearly 1:00 am here and we are finally done. Santa has been, and I'm getting in a few minutes peace before going to bed.

If it's not done, it's not going to be done! LOL.

Merry Christmas!