PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone been Affected by the Heavy Rain

Wendy
22-12-2012, 09:47 PM
What is happening with this crazy weather :unsure: We have had terrible rain down here in the West Country, we couldn't even get into Plymouth at one point today as the main road was flooded.

I was watching it on the news and some areas are completely cut off, it must be terrible for the people so close to Christmas.

I hope everyone is safe and dry.

Britchick
22-12-2012, 10:37 PM
It's been very wet and lots of roads have been dodgy but nothing like others are having, stay safe Wendy! I texted Teresa today so know she's ok

keith
22-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Well we returned back to a road which had been flooded completely twice whilst we were in orlando. The garage was flooded and is just a pond of black water and leaves :/ with stuff floating around in it. I'm not THAT worried, probably just a load of old rubbish in there anyway but does mean I'll have to get round to a good clear out.

Apparently the water did come half way up the door but it's pretty well sealed so the house was fine luckily.

Last few days have been nothing but rain either so again there's a LOT of water around and a lot of closed roads

lozzy
23-12-2012, 07:41 PM
We have been very lucky where we are, no big problems, just very horrible and not idea weather to be driving in.
We live up high so all the water runs down off the hills into the fields, which have been flooded most days this week.
Everywhere is just so water logged. Really hope we don't suddenly get high winds or even freezing conditions because I think that will be a nightmear.
Hope everyone is safe and no now has suffered from the flooding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dawn
24-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Our garden is completely waterlogged and the dogs tramping mud everywhere. Could be worse. :shrug:

We went to Devon over the weekend to visit the inlaws. Most of Dorset appeared to be underwater. :unsure: And on the way home the A27 was closed at Chichester so we have to divert through... Bognor Regis...the horror.:eek:

Apparently we're in for another load of rain today though. No idea where it's going to go.

Wendy
24-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Woke up this morning to hear on the radio that we are cut off from Plymouth again :( All the main roads and country lanes in and out are flooded. It's still raining now but hopefully it will stop later.

We tried to get out yesterday to go to friends to drop their presents off and we has to turn round and come home again, this was because of flooded lanes and heavy traffic on the clear main road.

Hey Ho at least it's not snowing :lol:

Vikki
24-12-2012, 10:10 AM
We have a flood alarm in our village - they use the old air aid siren. It was going off the other night, and I had to go another way to work as the road was totally flooded.

Tink
24-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Please, please, please be careful. Flood water can be so dangerous and it moves so fast in many cases. Let's hope that the rain stops!!

Vikki
24-12-2012, 10:42 AM
Ben and Ava are hoping it stops soon as Santa always visits the market square on Christmas eve. Not sure he'll come if the weather doesn't calm down a bit :(

Tink
24-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Oh no! That's not something anyone wants to have happen, disappointing children. :(

uscwest
24-12-2012, 11:07 AM
OMG what horrible rain you are having there in the UK. Hope that everyone stays safe.

Britchick
24-12-2012, 03:53 PM
that must have been really frightening Vicki!