PDA

View Full Version : Wishing each of you a beautiful Christmas...

Tink
24-12-2012, 10:33 AM
As the year draws to a close, and while we are preparing to enjoy the festivities of Christmas Eve and Day, it seems to be a good time to reflect a bit on the past twelve months.

It’s been a short, “long year” hasn’t it? We’ve marked the anniversary of the sudden loss of our dear Mick, and gone on to lose two other beloved members, Ann and Trish. We’ll hold them always in our memories and cherish their contributions here. We are forever grateful for having shared a part of their lives. Each time we run across a post written by Mick, or Ann, or Trish it is as if they never left, a bittersweet ache of longing for them to still be with us.

Our sadness has given way to sheer joy at the birth of the newest Secrets members! What a beautiful circle of life to see the precious faces of the new babies who joined their individual families, as well as our Secrets family. The parents are generous folk who share their children with us through photos and tales of daily life. We look forward to watching them grow (too fast!) and to the babies we are eagerly awaiting to arrive in the new year.

Some of us have had personal losses, and we received the most compassionate and kind support here at Secrets than we could have anywhere. Losing a beloved family member brings a grief that can only be eased by the care and concern of our dear friends at Secrets. As we move through grief, we know that our family here will see us through.

Some of us are facing personal challenges on several fronts. Our members here offer support, hope, and encouragement to keep the hope strong one more day. As we walk the journey with friends, relatives, or even ourselves we know we are never alone because our Secrets community is here to lean on; to hold us steady and keep us from faltering on the way.

We have all experienced social unrest, and economic challenges; health challenges… and through it all, we support one another. We share our concerns, and discuss the issues that matter the most to us on any given day, at any given time. We have differences of opinions, isn’t that what it’s all about? How boring it would be to all be of the same mindset. We discuss with respect for one another and never fail to recognize that everyone has a right to her or his own opinion. Reasonable minds will differ, and that is an aspect of our diversity.

Disney, or more properly, our love of Disney brought us together. Keith created this beautiful site for us to share our experiences, our knowledge, our enthusiasm, our planning and our happiness with all things Disney. Disney offers something for everyone, as does Secrets. If you need information it’s here. If you need help, we’ve got you covered. If you want opinions on something Disney they are not in short supply around here! There isn’t much we like better than helping plan someone’s holiday, or providing detailed information to help someone plan the perfect holiday.

The members who come here, those who have been here from the beginning and those who honor us with having recently joined are the most unique group of people to come together through the magic of the internet. Many of us have never laid eyes on one another in person, but we care about each other as if we’ve been neighbors for decades. In reality, that’s what we are, isn’t it? Neighbors in the truest sense of the word, regardless of location. And for those who have met, it was as if you were reconnecting with an old friend, rather than meeting someone “new.” We know each other, regardless of proximity.

It takes pixie dust, hope, faith, trust, and respect for one another, and the glue that is our Keith, to forge and maintain this incredible community.

So, I wish you a Merry Christmas, and hope that your celebrations are all that you want them to be. May 2013 bring us a continuation of our strong and caring community, peace in our personal lives, new members to share with and learn from, healthy babies, and a gentle step as we go along life’s journey.

There are many carols, and Christmas songs from which to choose to represent the season. I hope you like this one. It’s a favorite of mine, and not played incessantly over the air. Last I knew not one chipmunk was heard even humming this tune, either! Happy Christmas, everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fVMBLfAw4E

Vikki
24-12-2012, 10:43 AM
That's beautiful.
Merry Christmas everybody :)

uscwest
24-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Don't think I have ever heard that song before Tink. Thank you for posting not only the song but also your Christmas message.

Hope everyone has a blessed and wonderful Christmas season.

MystikPiglit
24-12-2012, 11:57 AM
:hug2:

foreverducky
24-12-2012, 12:24 PM
You have such a beautiful way with words...they inspire, spring hope, encourage, and comfort those around you. Thank you. :hug2:

Merry Christmas!

Kate
24-12-2012, 01:09 PM
Im not sure my hormones are capable of handling such beautiful words right now! :lol:
You do have a way with words Tink :yes:

Merry Christmas to all of my friends here at Secrets! :hug2:

Beccaberry
24-12-2012, 01:11 PM
Lovely, true, and echoes exactly what I feel in my heart. Thank you, Tink xoxo

Tink
24-12-2012, 01:11 PM
:hug2: Hope you are feeling well today, Kate!! :hug2:

Lisa1976
24-12-2012, 01:14 PM
Awww Tink, that's lovely. Hugs to you all :)

catrancher
24-12-2012, 01:57 PM
Wow Tink, what delightful sentiments. Thank you so much.

As for me, I suppose the best I can do is wish everyone the merriest of Christmases!

:mickminchimney:

Tom (:macwave:... Ho, Ho, Ho!)

Dawn
24-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Perfect. Just perfect my dear friend. :hug2:

Britchick
24-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Merry Christmas everyone, and beautiful words as ever Tink

:xmasgraphic:

Slowhand
24-12-2012, 03:46 PM
A brilliant post Tink, and so heartfelt. :hug2:

Merry Christmas to all on Secrets.

Claire
24-12-2012, 04:31 PM
So eloquent. Thank you Tink. XXX

I'm not around as much as I'd like but I still love you guys! Wishing you all a fabulous Christmas.

Shellyamc
24-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Merry Christmas to my other, and much loved, family :hug2:

lisaw
24-12-2012, 06:08 PM
That is a beautiful post Tink :hug2: I wish you and everybody at Secrets a very happy and peaceful Christmas :hug2:

Tink
24-12-2012, 06:53 PM
See how kind and generous you all are? :yes: Thank you so much.

Well, I've got the lasagne made (managed that early this am) the house somewhat cleaned, the mulling spices put together.

I'm THAWING the seafood. :hopmad: Not too impressed with Publix today. They didn't have my order ready and had to put it together from the deep freeze. I did say to the worker that it was a good thing I wasn't planning on Seven Fishes for LUNCH! :sigh:

No matter, it will thaw, all will be well. I still have presents to wrap. :D

Oh, and we are going to try our hand at sugarplums. :yes: Hope everyone is having a good day! (Well, it's into evening elsewhere now)!

OOOOOOH, must go check on Santa!!

arkvilla
24-12-2012, 07:13 PM
I always love your posts Tink, thank you so much.

Wishing all my Secrets friends a wonderful Christmas and for each of you to be blessed with a Healthy, Happy, New Year.

Sandra

Johnie
24-12-2012, 08:52 PM
Merry Christmas to you and yours Tink!

Ohhhh sugar plums? That sounds interesting. Please let us know how they turn out. I made Figgy Pudding because of the song. Quite good but it was cake lol

Merry Christmas to all of my Secrets family!

Deb
24-12-2012, 09:06 PM
Tink, thank you for that :hug2: I just popped on here on a difficult Christmas Eve and that message just made me know I was in the right place.

Lots of love to you all :hug2:

And God Bless us every one!! :)

robertcraig
24-12-2012, 09:13 PM
A happy and peaceful christmas to all my DISNEY SECRETS friends and my thoughts are with everybody who have lost someone this year

Wendy
24-12-2012, 09:22 PM
Tink, your words are just perfect, thank you :hug2:

Merry Christmas to you all and I hope that the coming year is happy, healthy and your hopes and dreams come true :hug2:

Sam
24-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Thank you Tink for such beautiful words.

You are all very dear and special friends and I wish you all a very, very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Looking forward to sharing 2013 with you all.