PDA

View Full Version : Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando - Not Happy

Lisa1976
16-01-2013, 04:56 PM
Simon wanted to buy a new light weight all singing all dancing tripod for this trip, found one with a company in New York at a fantastic price even with shipping to Orlando.

Our thinking was to have it delivered to the hotel so it's there when we check in next Friday.

I emailed the Rosen to make sure this was ok and what info I'd need to put on the package. Get an email back today and they charge up to $25 per item, even if its received when we're already checked in.

Our owners locker box is supposed to be delivered there for us too.

It looks like it will cost us $50 for both - how extortionate is that.

I'm not a happy bunny and will have to rethink now. Am wondering if I can pick up my owners locker box instead :(

Sorry just wanting to rant and get it off my chest.

Wendy
16-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Wow, that's not very good, whenever we've stayed anywhere and had something delivered to a hotel or club house there hasn't been a charge.

I can't help with the owners locker, but I'd give them a call or email them, they might have somewhere you could have the tripod delivered :unsure:

Lisa1976
16-01-2013, 05:08 PM
I know, that's always been the same for us too. Yes in going to email them and see what they say.

keith
16-01-2013, 06:22 PM
Yeah I had something delivered to the contemporary in dec and I asked them if it was ok and what to write on it no mention of a fee. Then when I collected they charged I think $5 per parcel. Far cry from 25, which is extortionate, but still given the hotel was several hundred a night...

Britchick
16-01-2013, 08:10 PM
wow! POFQ was free, even had a case of water bottles delivered there

keith
16-01-2013, 08:19 PM
wow! POFQ was free, even had a case of water bottles delivered there

yeah :/ I've had stuff delivered to Disney hotels before and it was free (including swan and dolphin). I think the problem with the contemporary is that they have the stupid business centre charging STUPID amounts for internet access etc and that's where the parcel was stored :/

Lisa1976
16-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Yup that's what the rosen's is their business centre :(

keith
16-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Yup that's what the rosen's is their business centre :(

Those places are just EVIL!

The contemporary one was charging an AMAZING amount per minute for internet and literally everything you do in there costs money.

Can I ask what photography place you used though? most of the ones I know in the US will only ship to where the credit card is registered which makes them no good for UKers :( it'd be good to know of a place that will ship to a hotel

Lisa1976
16-01-2013, 09:11 PM
Keith, the company is Adorama. They are based in New York. We did email them to make sure they would deliver to the hotel and that we'd be paying in dollars through our sun trust account and all seemed fine. They are charging $12 for a 3 day shipping :)

keith
16-01-2013, 09:26 PM
Keith, the company is Adorama. They are based in New York. We did email them to make sure they would deliver to the hotel and that we'd be paying in dollars through our sun trust account and all seemed fine. They are charging $12 for a 3 day shipping :)

oo yes I know Adorama ! very good company but they usually refuse the uk CC, it must be the US bank account that they liked. Useful to know!!

Lisa1976
16-01-2013, 09:31 PM
Ahhh, I hope it was that, fingers crossed it works :)

Kate
17-01-2013, 06:46 PM
I cant believe hotels charge to take in a parcel for you - i think i might start doing that to the people round here, i could make a fortune!! :lol:

Johnie
17-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Tbh, I'm surprised Disney hasn't started charging. There are so many people getting things delivered to the resorts. It can take up a lot of space and manpower.

Britchick
17-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Tbh, I'm surprised Disney hasn't started charging. There are so many people getting things delivered to the resorts. It can take up a lot of space and manpower.

i did feel quite guilty :unsure: probably the only time i'll do it just because i didn't have a car

keith
17-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Well they did, at the Contemporary anyway

I think there are some things we expect from hotels. When I travel on business, it's very usual for me to receive contracts, packets of information and in the past faxes :lol: if I had to pay for each one, I wouldn't be staying at that hotel again :shrug1:

Let's face it, nothing at Disney, or really any successful business, is truly free, what we mean is that it's included in the price of the room. If something that was free, ceases to be so, then it's just another form of price increase.

I dunno, just feels tacky to me :shrug1: and $25 is just insane profiteering!

Johnie
17-01-2013, 08:12 PM
It is an insane amount! I wonder if they do that since so many business people stay there and can possibly expense it? No excuse but curious.

Julie, no need to feel guilty! I'm just surprised they've allowed it so long.

Lisa1976
17-01-2013, 08:43 PM
Think we are going to wait and have the tripod delivered to Disney when we check in there, but we're still going to have to pay for our owners locker if we can't pick it up.

Mari
18-01-2013, 07:03 PM
oh wow!

thats a lot!

Disney resorts will receive and even deliver your packages to your room without a charge, we even had groceries delivered!