PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite Counter Service Restaurant in Each Disney Park

Wendy
22-01-2013, 11:44 AM
With a lot of the table service restaurants being booked up so far in advance, we tend to just have counter service if we are eating at one of the Disney Parks.

We always head for Cosmic Rays in the Magic Kingdom, although I have yet to try Be Our Guest, so that may very well change.

When we are in Epcot we tend to go to the Boulangerie or the Tangierine Cafe in World Showcase or Sunshine Seasons in Future World.

There isn't really anywhere we eat in Hollywood Studios, possibly Starring Rolls or Writers Stop at a push.

Animal Kingdom is another place we don't really eat, we just snack. We have had a pizza at Pizzafari though and that was nice.

At Downtown Disney, there really is no competition it has to be the Earl of Sandwich:D

What are your favourite counter service restaurants at WDW?

uscwest
22-01-2013, 12:31 PM
MK - Casey's

DHS - Don't really have one

AK - Flame Tree BBQ

EPCOT - Sommerfest

keith
22-01-2013, 01:13 PM
we havent been to AK for YEARS :/ so nothing there really

DHS - sometimes end up at the ABC Commissary because they tend to do different things to the normal burgers. They sometimes have curry etc.

EPCOT - always seems to be the electric umbrella - although that's SO unexciting really given there must be wonderful options in the countries

MK - my longtime fave, Cosmic rays. Despite all the opulence of V&A, the fireworks at the california grill, some of my most favourite of memories have been made going for a late night dinner of chicken and ribs at Cosmic Rays :D

Britchick
22-01-2013, 02:27 PM
MK- caseys definitely
Epcot- difficult to decide... i'll go with Tangerine Cafe
DHS- don't tend to eat counter service there
AK- flame grill thingie -forgot the name lol
and DTD has to be Earl of Sandwich

keith
22-01-2013, 06:36 PM
Interested in the Caseys comments. What am I missing there? are the hot dogs REALLY better there than elsewhere? should I be trying some other concoction from there? tell me all :D

Mags
22-01-2013, 06:36 PM
MK - We dont stay long in MK but have always enjoyed Columbia Harbour House

HS - the options arent great but we do love Starring Rolls (lovely food and great for people watching) We also like Writer's Stop but to be honest we often go elsewhere for lunch, either taking the boat over to Epcot or heading somewhere like the Pepper Market.

AK - we have always struggled here as we had tried Flame Tree and it was horrible. We tried Yak and Yeti CS last time and it was excellent.

Epcot - Sunshine Seasons wins hand down but Les Halles is definitely on the list for 2013.

Mags

Britchick
22-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Interested in the Caseys comments. What am I missing there? are the hot dogs REALLY better there than elsewhere? should I be trying some other concoction from there? tell me all :D

did you see the picture i posted?!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/23/yqeja5e7.jpg

keith
22-01-2013, 06:45 PM
did you see the picture i posted?!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/23/yqeja5e7.jpg

jeez! what the heck is that!

Britchick
22-01-2013, 06:49 PM
a dog with pulled pork and slaw...don't knock it till you've tried it :lol:

Johnie
22-01-2013, 08:08 PM
BBQ should ALWAYS be topped with slaw. It is the southern way :-)

Britchick
22-01-2013, 08:18 PM
BBQ should ALWAYS be topped with slaw. It is the southern way :-)

Keith just doesn't get it LOL, we need to drag him into the real South :lol:

Johnie
22-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Lol he would have a grand time! We know how to eat down here :-)

Britchick
22-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Lol he would have a grand time! We know how to eat down here :-)

we could teach him to do that southern dance that has a rude sounding name too :rotfl:

Johnie
22-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Lol I'm not even sure what you're talking about

Johnie
22-01-2013, 09:32 PM
Lol that one!

keith
22-01-2013, 10:13 PM
I'll drink and dance but I aint eatin no slaw no way no how

Johnie
22-01-2013, 10:25 PM
Lol I used to say that. I wouldn't eat slaw at all. Have you had the slaw at KFC? Sooooo good

Britchick
22-01-2013, 10:45 PM
I'll drink and dance but I aint eatin no slaw no way no how

Nice attempt at a southern drawl, never had you down as a dancer though Keith! :dance:

keith
22-01-2013, 10:46 PM
Nice attempt at a southern drawl, never had you down as a dancer though Keith! :dance:

Well if there's enough drink....

Britchick
22-01-2013, 10:48 PM
Well if there's enough drink....

You are the best dancer! :taunt:

keith
22-01-2013, 10:55 PM
You are the best dancer! :taunt:

:wiggle:

Johnie
23-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Lol! I know who the best dancer is!! Too bad the Adventurer's Club is no more :-(

Wendy
23-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Lol! I know who the best dancer is!! Too bad the Adventurer's Club is no more :-(

Hhhmm would that happen to be our Mr Slowhand :laugh: I was too chicken to go in so I didn't see it :lol:

BUTTERHEAD1
23-01-2013, 04:10 PM
MK- Columbia House
Epcot - Fish N chips
HS- Studio Catering Company with a beer from High Octane
AK- Flaming Tree BBQ

Isafari
26-01-2013, 03:02 PM
AK - Yak and Yeti is a must every trip (sweet & sour)
MK - Columbia Harbour House (tuna sandwich)
DHS - Starring Rolls (vanilla slice is to die for)
Epcot - Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe (ham and cheese toastie)
DTD - DH says the best milkshake he has ever tasted was at Haagen Dazs

Tink
26-01-2013, 11:20 PM
Hmmmm
EPCOT: Can't choose just one. Really depends upon what I feel like eating. Counter service at France, Morocco, Germany, or Japan... tend to be my favorites.

MK: Another "depends" but probably Ray's or Columbia House. Really don't care for Casey's at all. I'm really particular about hot dogs though...

AK: Hard one. Not much there that we like so we avoid eating there. Popcorn usually. :D

DHS: Another one where we don't eat. Tune In Lounge for a great milkshake though.

(And coleslaw is vile stuff. ICK).

Ooops. Forgot DTD. Probably the walk up window at Bongo's. :yes: