PDA

View Full Version : silly outrage about disney clothing

UKTim
16-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Parents Angry Over Disney's 'Dive In' Underwear for Young Girls
Thursday, August 14, 2008

Share“High School Musical” underwear for young girls have sparked outrage — because they have the words “Dive in” on them.

A British woman bought a packet of five pairs, with a “Disney-approved” design promoting the hit movie, for her seven-year-old granddaughter.

“When she put them on, myself and my daughter thought, ‘Oh my goodness.’ It is inappropriate because it is sexually suggestive,” Sue Ralph, a 57-year-old civil servant, said. “You just never know who could see that and think it was a bit too enticing for a young child to be wearing.”

Sue is demanding the $7.50 packs are removed from her local Asda supermarket in Broadstairs, Kent, where she bought them.

The underwear has also angered the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, a British children’s charity.

NSPCC said: “This is part of a worrying trend of inappropriate clothing marketed at young children.”

“The design was approved by Disney. It was completely innocent and not meant to cause offence,” Asda said in a statement.

Ursula
16-08-2008, 01:18 PM
I saw the clothing and couldn't understand the fuss. However I AM against little girls being bought thongs and bras to wear by their parents at age six etc... that is just bliddy ridiculous.

Claire
16-08-2008, 01:29 PM
I didn't see the words "dive in" as anything other than a description of what you might do when swimming. I guess it all depends on how your mind deciphers the wording as to whether you find it offensive. :shrug:

lisaw
16-08-2008, 01:48 PM
I didn't see the words "dive in" as anything other than a description of what you might do when swimming. I guess it all depends on how your mind deciphers the wording as to whether you find it offensive. :shrug:

Exactly what I thought. :(

I wouldn't have given it a second thought tbh.

Shellyamc
16-08-2008, 03:12 PM
I honestly don't like anything written on my little girl's bottom..but that is just me. :shrug:

Tink
16-08-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm with you Shellyamc. I don't find it appropriate at all to draw attention to a little girl (or boy's for that matter) bottom. The pedophiles don't need any encouragement.

However, I think they are talking about underwear and no one other than prents should be able to see a child's underwear.

Shellyamc
16-08-2008, 04:50 PM
oh ok, I didn't realize it was underwear. I guess it really wouldn't matter then, no one should see it. Unless you are me..when I was little I liked to wear my Wonder Woman underwear outside my clothes so everyone could see :oops:

disneymom
16-08-2008, 07:15 PM
i just dont like the sound of it sorry :(

Britchick
16-08-2008, 08:14 PM
i think its fuss over nothing, just the connotation that someone put on to something innocent.

Tink
17-08-2008, 12:05 AM
:lol: Shellyamc! :lol:

PsychoAlice
17-08-2008, 02:34 AM
oh ok, I didn't realize it was underwear. I guess it really wouldn't matter then, no one should see it. Unless you are me..when I was little I liked to wear my Wonder Woman underwear outside my clothes so everyone could see :oops:

Underoos!!!

I had soooooo many of the wonder woman underoos it wasnt even funny...and I did the same thing!

Shellyamc
17-08-2008, 03:16 AM
Underoos!!!

I had soooooo many of the wonder woman underoos it wasnt even funny...and I did the same thing!

..and look how we turned out :lol:

PsychoAlice
17-08-2008, 04:57 AM
just fine if you ask me!!