PDA

View Full Version : Back From the Cruise

Lisa1976
03-02-2013, 06:50 PM
Hey all!!

Well I'm safely back on Disney property we're now at OKW for our last 6 nights.

The cruise, hmmm, firstly I have to say the ship itself is AMAZING. The staff, entertainment, food everything was perfect.

Unfortunately we had a really rough sailing, very choppy waters and Friday night I was in tears and wanted to get off. I hated the feeling, it felt like I was drunk all the time :(

From some where I picked up a cold and spent Friday in bed with chills and am still really blocked up :(

Aside from that when we were docked and not moving it was brilliant.

The stage shows were fantastic too.

Took loads of photos which I'm afraid you'll have to wait for as they are on our big camera.

Off to Be Our Guest restaurant tonight :)

Wendy
03-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Oh Lisa :hug2: I'm sorry it was rough, I hope it didn't spoil the whole experience too much for you :hug2: and on top of that picking up a cold, I'm not surprised you were upset :hug2:

I can't wait to see your photos and hear about the good parts :D

You are going to have a brilliant time at Be Our Guest tonight, I'm hoping for a reservation in September :fingers:

Slowhand
03-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Unfortunately we had a really rough sailing, very choppy waters and Friday night I was in tears and wanted to get off. I hated the feeling, it felt like I was drunk all the time

Oddly enough the very same thing happened to my DW and I on our first DCL cruise. In fact many of the crew members said that it had been the roughest that they had experienced!
Having said that, after an evening in the sessions bar on the first night renewing our friendship with Tim [the pianist], I was the only one who could walk in a straight line back to our stateroom. :lol:

Britchick
03-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Sorry you had a bad time :( can't wait to hear what you think of BOG!

Tink
03-02-2013, 08:08 PM
That is such a danger with cruising. :( I'm so sorry the water was rough. You can't really tell if you like cruising or not when the water is choppy!

I was sick one night on one of our cruises, and I know the feeling you are talking about. If I'm going to be that sick, then I want to have had some fun getting that way! :eek:

I hope the rest of your holiday is wonderful!!!

uscwest
03-02-2013, 09:40 PM
When we were on our cruise we had some rough water early on. But once the stabilizer arms went out we had no problems. Sorry your cruise was so rough, but hope it doesn't deter you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watchinherskip
05-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Welcome back Lisa. Sorry about your cold (I have been kind of a neurotic washing my hands a lot this cold season).

Know what you mean about rough seas. We had to have an unplanned "Fun day at sea" rather than hit one of our ports of call as a hurricane was bearing down on us. The mood on the ship turned dour, they tried to appease the guest with free watered down cocktails. It was funny, the mood did a 180 as we finally hit the good side of the storm, the seas calmed, the sun came out and it was like nothing happened at all. It was back to being a good time for one and all....well at least for the ones that didn't totally take advantage of the free alcohol!:lol: They had their own problems to contend with after that.