PDA

View Full Version : Past Attractions and Entertainment at Walt Disney World

Wendy
08-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Over the years, a lot of good attractions and rides have disappeared from WDW.

If you could bring some back what would you choose :)

Britchick
08-02-2013, 11:32 PM
Hunchback show :yes:

Tink
09-02-2013, 02:26 AM
The Living Statues, and Bella Nova come to mind first.

I liked the "chair ride" that used to be in MK...

Mr. Toad, of course. :D

uscwest
09-02-2013, 03:31 AM
Mr. Toad
Tapestry of Nations

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

wdwgrandma
09-02-2013, 01:41 PM
Mr Toad!!!

Wendy
09-02-2013, 01:49 PM
What was Mr Toad like?

Slowhand
09-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Definitely Tapestry of Nations. :yes:

wdwgrandma
09-02-2013, 02:34 PM
Nothing spectacular actually. It just made me laugh! Have you ever done Snow White's Scary Adventure? It was similar to that except you are in an old auto, and the premise is, of course, based around The Wind in the Willows.

One of my favorite memories is the trip back in'97 when we took Mom to WDW for her first visit. She normally doesn't enjoy rides, but she laughed like a little girl the entire time she was on this!

Isafari
09-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Hunchback and Tapestry of Nations - just to see what they were like. Heard great things about both and they both finished just before our first ever trip.

Faythstar
09-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Loved Tapestry of Nations. That would be cool to see again. I only saw it once because it was discontinued after my first trip.

Always wanted to see the 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea ride. I love ocean stuff, so that really intrigues me.

And the Zero to Hero parade! It was going on on my first trip but I didn't pay attention then because I hadn't seen the Hercules movie, and now it's one of my top 5 favorite Disney movies and I'm always so sad that you never see the characters at the park. Hercules has a pretty solid following, I don't know why they can't show those characters from time to time. :(

Wendy
09-02-2013, 09:13 PM
For me it's Tapestry of Nations, the Character Bus and Hunchback.

I just thought of another thing, bring back Pleasure Island with the end stage.

wdwgrandma
09-02-2013, 10:31 PM
Adventurers Club! Kungaloosh!

Wendy
09-02-2013, 10:36 PM

:D

Slowhand
10-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Gotta agree with this, even though in my case it does merit a :hide: :lol:

Faythstar
11-02-2013, 01:21 AM
I don't know what Kungaloosh or the Character Bus is. :/

Slowhand
11-02-2013, 02:41 PM
I don't know what Kungaloosh or the Character Bus is. :/

Kungaloosh was the name of a drink they sold at the Adventurer`s Club, it was also a kind of theme song for the place.
The Character Bus was at Epcot when all of the Disney characters appeared on it and made a few stops for meets & photos etc.
Those were the days!

uscwest
11-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Kungaloosh was the name of a drink they sold at the Adventurer`s Club, it was also a kind of theme song for the place.
The Character Bus was at Epcot when all of the Disney characters appeared on it and made a few stops for meets & photos etc.
Those were the days! Couldn't have put it better myself Terry. I miss those days. BTW, the bus was a British Double Decker too. And they used to run it around the World Showcase and you could jump on and off. I think they discontiued it because of the number of folks walking around and not paying any attention.

Slowhand
11-02-2013, 03:17 PM
BTW, the bus was a British Double Decker too.
I`d totally forgot about that until you mentioned it John.
Now I do recall the steering wheel being on the right [aka "correct"] side of the bus. :lol:

Jaime
11-02-2013, 03:59 PM
Ok I miss 2000 leagues under the sea and in MK the gondola ride (don't remember what they were really called)!

Faythstar
11-02-2013, 10:28 PM
I had always heard of the Adventurer's Club, but don't know a whole lot about it. Was definitely before my time, lol.

The Character Bus sounds like fun though!

uscwest
12-02-2013, 03:32 PM
I had always heard of the Adventurer's Club, but don't know a whole lot about it. Was definitely before my time, lol.

The Character Bus sounds like fun though! The Advernturer's Club was far and away THE BEST adult entertainment at WDW. No one under the age of 21.

piglet
15-02-2013, 11:57 AM
This isn't a ride but for me it was an attraction and that was Discovery Island (I think that was what it was called). It was a little island just a short boat ride from Wilderness Lodge and it was a little oasis of peace from the crowds. Lots of birds and very knowledgeable CM's and lovely hammocks just to lie and relax in. :wink:

Slowhand
15-02-2013, 05:12 PM
This isn't a ride but for me it was an attraction and that was Discovery Island (I think that was what it was called). It was a little island just a short boat ride from Wilderness Lodge and it was a little oasis of peace from the crowds. Lots of birds and very knowledgeable CM's and lovely hammocks just to lie and relax in. :wink:

I`d totally forgot about that. :unsure:
I agree that it was a nice place to visit that made a much different experience than the parks. :yes:

canesandphins1
17-02-2013, 02:06 PM
River country would be nice to bring back most if the slides are still there

disney-fan
20-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Skyleidoscope was a airshow at EPCOT on and over the water
Golden Horse Shoe Review show
The sky ride at MK