PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to california grill?

keith
17-02-2013, 01:50 PM
So the california grill will be closed for refurb whilst we're there in May :(

What we love about CG is the view really more than anything else. Trying to think of another restaurant, that has something special going for it in terms of location?

robertcraig
17-02-2013, 02:17 PM
what about OHANNAS

keith
17-02-2013, 02:28 PM
what about OHANNAS

you know, we've never yet had a good time at Ohannas. Kids running everywhere and there seems to be two parts to it, a main bit and a side bit. We always seem to get stuck in the side bit by the serving door :/ which feels little out of it.

Perhaps if we were in the main bit it'd be a different experience?

uscwest
17-02-2013, 02:45 PM
Keith, I know you've had some bad luck with Citrico's but it really is a lovely restaurant. We've not done Narcoossee's for a while but it has a nice view of the MK fireworks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

robertcraig
17-02-2013, 02:50 PM
you know, we've never yet had a good time at Ohannas. Kids running everywhere and there seems to be two parts to it, a main bit and a side bit. We always seem to get stuck in the side bit by the serving door :/ which feels little out of it.

Perhaps if we were in the main bit it'd be a different experience?
Maybe i was just lucky when i was there i also like ARTIST POINT and Narcossees

keith
17-02-2013, 02:55 PM
Keith, I know you've had some bad luck with Citrico's but it really is a lovely restaurant. We've not done Narcoossee's for a while but it has a nice view of the MK fireworks.

I think we're just hopelessly jinxed with Citricos :lol: on the one hand I'd like to try it again but on the other hand, to be honest, the food isn't really our type. The sauces and med. tastes just don't really appeal.

Narcoosees is where I keep coming back to as well :/ Although its so variable, on a GOOD night, it can be really nice and as you say, good views which is what I'm looking for.

Vikki
17-02-2013, 07:58 PM
We're thinking the same. Really wanted to do CG. Have actually booked GF Cafe as an alternative, really like it there.

Slowhand
17-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Keith, have you considered the Bistro de Paris...or whatever it is called now?

keith
17-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Keith, have you considered the Bistro de Paris...or whatever it is called now?

hmmmm good point no I hadn't! Can you see out of the windows up there? it's not some weird frosted over thing or anything :lol:

Slowhand
17-02-2013, 08:28 PM
hmmmm good point no I hadn't! Can you see out of the windows up there? it's not some weird frosted over thing or anything :lol:

We had dinner there a couple of years ago and managed to get a window seat from where we had a reasonable view of Illuminations and the windows were clear glass.
Some folks sitting towards the centre of the room were allowed out in-between courses to see the show, returning for their "pud" afterwards.

keith
17-02-2013, 08:29 PM
We had dinner there a couple of years ago and managed to get a window seat from where we had a reasonable view of Illuminations and the windows were clear glass.
Some folks sitting towards the centre of the room were allowed out in-between courses to see the show, returning for their "pud" afterwards.

oooo ok that sounds good! thanks! :yes:

uscwest
17-02-2013, 08:40 PM
It is now Monsieur Paul and we are eating there tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

keith
17-02-2013, 08:43 PM
It is now Monsieur Paul and we are eating there tonight.

excellent! look forward to hearing what you think about it! :yes:

uscwest
18-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Well, what can I say? It was FANTASTIC. The menu is somewhat limited, but sufficient for our needs. I chose not to do the Prix Fixe after our server told me I could have the lamb ala carte. You'll see our full report when we can get them done. Owing to stodgy Internet here at SOG I'm not getting on line much. Donna and I are early eaters so there were some noisy kids early on. It got a bit quieter as our evening went on.

keith
18-02-2013, 12:21 PM
OOOO excellent thanks John! I'll look forward to the full report but sounds like it's a must do for May

Wendy
18-02-2013, 12:35 PM
OOOO excellent thanks John! I'll look forward to the full report but sounds like it's a must do for May

Make a reservation now, just in case :)

keith
18-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Make a reservation now, just in case :)

yeah better had given I cant get into be our guest cry

I've also got a reservation at the restaurant at the waldorf astoria at bonnet creek. Looking forward to that!

Wendy
18-02-2013, 12:54 PM
yeah better had given I cant get into be our guest cry

I've also got a reservation at the restaurant at the waldorf astoria at bonnet creek. Looking forward to that!

Oooh, I can't wait to hear what you think of that :D

uscwest
19-02-2013, 06:40 PM
We were at BOG last night. They are booked solid through August.

Wendy
19-02-2013, 07:43 PM
What did you think of it John :unsure:

Vikki
19-02-2013, 08:36 PM
Pleased we got an ADR for August then :D

uscwest
20-02-2013, 02:25 AM
What did you think of it John :unsure:

Absolutely wonderful Wendy. Hoping we can do it again in December.

Wendy
20-02-2013, 06:59 AM
We are hoping to get an ADR in September :fingers:

uscwest
20-02-2013, 07:37 AM
Get on it as soon as your dates open.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wendy
20-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Well that's my plan, hopefully people that are staying onsite don't book everything first :lol: