PDA

View Full Version : Kate

Wendy
24-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Hi mummy to be, how are you :hug2: Is baby behaving herself and letting mummy get some rest now and then :)

Not long to go now and you will have the little bundle of joy to cuddle and Isabelle will be a big sister :D

Tink
24-02-2013, 02:38 PM
Where are we now in the countdown, Kate? I lose track of things so very easily. :sorry: Sure hope you are feeling well!! Is Isabelle getting excited?

Kate
24-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Thank you both for thinking of me! :hug2:

Im not too bad thanks, waiting to hear from the physio about pain in my hips and pelvis - dont think they can do much apart from a support belt. I mentioned it to my midiwfe at 16wks, again at 24wks and the GP at 30wks - they didnt help me and the gp even told me to "grin and bare it". The pain is horrendous at times but i found out that i can self refer so its finally under way.

Tink, i am due in 5wks time! Isabelle is very excited and cant wait for her baby sister to come along!

No names yet either, its so hard trying to find something that we all like!

Tink
24-02-2013, 06:52 PM
Oh my. :( I don't like the sound of that doctor at all. Grin? Maybe that person needs to feel your discomfort for eight hours and see what that's like then.

I hope you are able to rest? Does that help the discomfort? :hug2:

Naming is such fun, isn't it? Hard to do but so significant. It's great to be able to tell a child the "story of your name."

I don't know if you know Ieuan Rees? He's a member who visits very infrequently, but a very sweet man none the less. :D He had two daughters, with the eldest naming the second child. She named her sister Georgina. Ieuan and his wife, Diane were happy enough to go with that choice. Lucy told them a bit later (after Georgina was born and named) that she'd named her for a giraffe in a children's story! :lol: Lovely girls, both of them and so very smart! :yes:

Anyway, I surely hope you are able to get some relief from the discomfort. Doesn't sound nice at all. :hug2:

Vikki
24-02-2013, 07:51 PM
You never know, a name might just come out of the blue :)

My mum got my sisters name from watching TV credits. It was Carla, as in Carla Lane, who wroye butterflies.

Tink
24-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Well, I quite like the name Kate! I think it would be lovely to have a variation of that name for your daughter. :yes: :D

(Now who is being old fashioned)? :D :D

Kate
25-02-2013, 01:29 PM
Tink, its very hard to get comfy at the moment so as silly as it sounds resting is hard! Turning over in bed is incredibly painful, as is getting up out of bed - so im not sleeping too well. I am hoping that as soon as baby is born this will go - fingers crossed anyway!

Im looking at credits, books, anything i can really but nothing is jumping out - and the ones that i think 'oh thats nice' dh and isabelle screw their noses up at!

Well as for letting isabelle have a say - she said Tinkerbell :rolleyes: now if we were getting a puppy or a kitten then i might let her have her own way, but not for her baby sister!! :lol:

Wendy
25-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Tink, its very hard to get comfy at the moment so as silly as it sounds resting is hard! Turning over in bed is incredibly painful, as is getting up out of bed - so im not sleeping too well. I am hoping that as soon as baby is born this will go - fingers crossed anyway!

Im looking at credits, books, anything i can really but nothing is jumping out - and the ones that i think 'oh thats nice' dh and isabelle screw their noses up at!

Well as for letting isabelle have a say - she said Tinkerbell :rolleyes: now if we were getting a puppy or a kitten then i might let her have her own way, but not for her baby sister!! :lol:

I wish you could find a comfortable position, being in pain all the time is no fun at all :hug2:

You do realise that Tink we see nothing wrong with Isabelle's choice of name :lol:

Are you looking for something that's traditional like Victoria or modern like Mercedes :wink:

Kate
26-02-2013, 11:48 AM
Definately not trendy like Mercedes!! :lol: I hear some names and wonder what on earth some people were thinking of, their poor child has to carry that name for the rest of their lives!!

Not sure we're classic either - infact we're just kind of floating around with nothing! haha! 'Isabelle' was chosen so early on, by this time with her we were ready and waiting - this time round i still have quite a bit to do - not including all the washing!!

MystikPiglit
26-02-2013, 03:23 PM
Wow, not long now Kate. Don't overthink names... one will pop up as soon as baby arrives. :)

As for sleeping, try propping yourself up on 3 or 4 soft pillows. Graduate them from waist level to headboard. That way you'll be able to shift position with actually rolling. Good luck. :hug2:

Vikki
26-02-2013, 08:13 PM
You may not even decide until she arrives. I have to be honest, Ava's name came from a baby name app! I know its not a great story to tell her when she's older, but we just saw it and loved it :) worth a try perhaps :)

Wendy
11-03-2013, 11:03 AM
How is the pain in your hips Kate, were you able to get any help so that you could get some relief :hug2:

Kate
11-03-2013, 12:12 PM
No, no better :( infact as shes getting bigger its getting worse! I heard back from the physio (just), but when the letter came it wasnt even an appointment, it was just asking me where i would prefer to go and would i rather morning or afternoon :sigh: kind of feel now that with only 3wks to go by the time the appointment actually came through it wouldnt be worth it! Im just taking things easy and not doing much - while i can!

Oh, and i have gestional diabetes too so i cant even eat chocolate!

Never mind, not long now! :D

Tink
11-03-2013, 12:41 PM
Oh gosh, Kate. :hug2: You sure are having a time of it. Gestational diabetes can mean a very big baby! :eek: Not always though, just sometimes.

Do rest as much as you can and keep off your feet.

No chocolate needs to be illegal. Can you try some sugar free chocolate? There are some brands that taste ok. :yes:

Hopefully, the next few weeks will clip right on by for you and before you know it, a sweet little one will be with you! :yes:

Kate
11-03-2013, 12:46 PM
I had a scan last week to check babys size just incase she was too big, i was told that if she was they would bring my section forward to 38 weeks - thankfully though she's measuring just fine right now so she can cook for that extra week!

Im having a few chocolates here and there - not the bunch of them that i would probably have had before but hey, thats not a bad thing is it!

Tink
11-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Not a bad thing at all! A few chocolates are nice things to have. :yes:

Good that the doctor is keeping an eye on her size. I didn't realize you were having a section. (That's my sieve like memory again). That will help a bit if she does get big. :yes: Is this where we start the scary "I knew a woman who" stories? ;) :hug2: That always bugged me when others did that to expecting mothers. Telling horror stories or making out how bad their own deliveries were, trying out do one another with trials and tribs.

You'll have a spring baby for sure, Kate! (I still think you need to consider Kate for a name)! :D

Kate
11-03-2013, 01:35 PM
:lol: Kate isnt on the list for this baby! infact there isnt even a list for this poor baby girls name!

I was actually "missed out" when i shouldve been tested for he diabetes, they arent entirely sure how i was missed but i was, so i was only diagnosed with it about 10days ago when i think i shouldve been tested around 26 or 28wks pregnant - so they had to rush me through for a scan as ive not had the monitoring i shouldve had.

Im booked in for a section as my birth with isabelle was a bit horrendous. But you are right, everyone likes to tell their birth stories whether they are good or bad - and they always like to tell them to someone who is about to have their own baby! I have a friend who asked about mine when she was heavily pregnant with her first, i remember sitting on my sofa and telling her when she was sat there ina couple of weeks with her baby i would share my story with her, until then she wasnt knowing a thing!!

Wendy
11-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Oh no, you can't have chocolate, I'll just have to make sure I send you a big box of Thorntons when baby is born :D

I wish you could get some relief, but like you say, it's only a few more weeks and it will be here soon enough :hug2: You need to get hubby to massage your back for you :wink:

Kate
13-03-2013, 11:32 AM
That would be very naughty of you Wendy!!! :lol:

He's always asking if i want him to rub my back - but to be honest thats not where the pain is so theres not much point! Its all in my pelvis and hips, i can hear them clicking and crunching about and it feels like my plvis is tearing apart!

2 weeks and 6 days to go!

Wendy
13-03-2013, 11:49 AM
:lol: I think the expression is naughty but nice :D

Not long to go :hug2: