PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose please

Isafari
17-08-2008, 02:54 PM
I need to get things moving on the car hire. Do I go for....

Alamo compact 4 door Chevrolet Cavalier (or similar) for 468.
Advantage: choose own car from selected group

Dollar compact 4 door Dodge Neon (or similar) FOR 460.
Advantage: Can get a free express pass to jump the queue

Slowhand
17-08-2008, 02:56 PM
I`d go with Dollar if only for the queue jumping bit. [A bit cheaper too.]

Wendy
17-08-2008, 02:57 PM
I'd choose Dollar, expecially after last year's experience with Alamo.

Dorothy
17-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Both cars are pretty much equal so if you can get the car quicker with Dollar then I'd go with them too.

ukwdwnut
17-08-2008, 04:32 PM
remember alamo have direct road for Q jumping too diane

Tink
17-08-2008, 04:46 PM
I'd give Dollar a try this time. :yes: Although, I've not had problems with Alamo, it seems any number of visitors have, so give them a miss, and try the one that comes with a better recommendation. :yes:

daveann
17-08-2008, 04:50 PM
we had a neon and loved the car was very spacious

Britchick
17-08-2008, 04:57 PM
do you not have to pay extra insurance for tyres and windscreen with dollar?

Isafari
17-08-2008, 06:02 PM

We haven't in the past.

OK....the site is listing this as my insurance details....is this everything?

UNLIMITED MILEAGE, LDW, SLI($1,000,000 COVER), TAXES & AIRPORT FEES, HOMELAND SECURITY FEES, CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGES, UNISURED MOTORIST PROTECTION, ALL ADDITIONAL DRIVERS OVER 25 PLUS INTIAL TANK OF FUEL

Wendy
17-08-2008, 06:04 PM

I think they are all bringing it in :rolleyes2: which I think is a bit silly when you pay up front for your insurances over here :(

We were told we had to have this last year with Alamo and the man was quite rude when we said no. He really tried to put the frighteners on about how we could be charged $100s if we had a flat tyre :(

He threw the paperwork at us when it was completed, never even told us where to go, so it was a good job we knew roughly where it was.

The trouble is that you are so tired after getting off the flight, they think they can talk you into anything :rolleyes008:

Wendy
17-08-2008, 06:07 PM
We haven't in the past.

OK....the site is listing this as my insurance details....is this everything?

UNLIMITED MILEAGE, LDW, SLI($1,000,000 COVER), TAXES & AIRPORT FEES, HOMELAND SECURITY FEES, CUSTOMER FACILITY CHARGES, UNISURED MOTORIST PROTECTION, ALL ADDITIONAL DRIVERS OVER 25 PLUS INTIAL TANK OF FUEL

The tyre/screen insurance is what they are telling you that you need when you get there Diane, it's not included in what you pre-pay.

When I wrote to Alamo last year they told me that this is an extra insurance :rolleyes2: So it would seem that their all inclusive insurance isn't in fact all inclusive anymore :shrug:

Isafari
17-08-2008, 06:15 PM
The tyre/screen insurance is what they are telling you that you need when you get there Diane, it's not included in what you pre-pay.

When I wrote to Alamo last year they told me that this is an extra insurance :rolleyes2: So it would seem that their all inclusive insurance isn't in fact all inclusive anymore :shrug:

But....this is optional right? What sort of price are they charging for this Wendy...do you know?

Wendy
17-08-2008, 06:24 PM
But....this is optional right? What sort of price are they charging for this Wendy...do you know?

Yes it is optional, but Alamo make it sound as if you have to have it :rolleyes2: Just say no and stick to it.

It was something silly like $30 I think :shrug:

Isafari
17-08-2008, 06:30 PM
Yes it is optional, but Alamo make it sound as if you have to have it :rolleyes2: Just say no and stick to it.

It was something silly like $30 I think :shrug:

Thanks.....I've just pressed the button and the car hire is sorted :p015: One less thing to worry about.....although we've only paid 50 deposit....the rest is payable 8 weeks before our trip.

Wendy
17-08-2008, 06:31 PM
Who did you get it through in the end USrentacar or Allstates?

Isafari
17-08-2008, 06:33 PM
Who did you get it through in the end USrentacar or Allstates?

USrentacar.....they were cheaper.....but only by 12.