PDA

View Full Version : Can I Ask for Some Magic Dust Please

Wendy
12-03-2013, 12:57 PM
If you've got any to spare please can you send some to my friend Teresa, she had a double masectomy yesterday, she's 40 years old :sigh: She had cancer in one and had the tumor removed but it got infected so now nearly 12 months later they have decided she had to have this done :cry2:

My heart breaks for her, she has also been told that she can't have reconstructive surgery for at lease 5 years :( Her husband isn't taking it well at all which makes me a little angry with him, but I guess he is in shock as well. Her 3 children seem ok, Teresa believes in telling them what is going on, so they understand completely what ishappening.

So if you have any, no matter how small, can you spare a little dust for Teresa and her family :hug2:

Britchick
12-03-2013, 01:30 PM
I can't even imagine what they are going through at the moment :( lots of pixie dust :hug2:

uscwest
12-03-2013, 01:58 PM
:pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixie dust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust:: pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixiedust::pixied ust:

A load on its way.

robertcraig
12-03-2013, 02:26 PM
THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOUR FRIEND AND HER FAMILY

Slowhand
12-03-2013, 02:27 PM
....and here`s some from me, with a few hugs thrown in also.

:pixiedust: :pixiedust: :pixiedust:

:hug2::hug2::hug2:

Mags
12-03-2013, 02:32 PM
My thoughts go to your friend Wendy. All my very best wishes to her in her journey ahead. xx

Mags

Wendy
12-03-2013, 03:12 PM
Thanks everyone, I can't even begin to imagine how she must be feeling :sigh:

Deafjeff
12-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Poor thing grr re husband will light a candle to give her strength and light to go through this

Jeff

Wendy
12-03-2013, 04:59 PM
Thanks Jeff :hug2:

lozzy
12-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Sending her and her family positive thought.
Hope her husband comes to terms with what has happened and he doesn't let his feelings affect they relationship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wendy
12-03-2013, 08:52 PM
I hope so too Lozzy, I think Chris is going to try and talk to him at some point.

Johnie
12-03-2013, 09:01 PM
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear this Wendy. May I come over and smack the husband??

lozzy
12-03-2013, 09:13 PM
I know it must be so hard for her to be going though this, but for him it must also be tough, the woman that he loves is going to change physical and that for a man is a hard thing to except. As we know men think of things in a completely different way to us women.

Wendy
12-03-2013, 09:28 PM
What you say is true Lozzy, that's why Chris is going to talk to him.

He's not normally like this, so I think he will sort himself out.

lozzy
12-03-2013, 09:38 PM
I hope so for both of them, it's at times like this you need the people you love to be there for you.

Johnie
12-03-2013, 10:19 PM
I understand that men think differently but you don't fall in love and commit yourself to someone over a body part

Wendy
12-03-2013, 10:35 PM
I agree Johnie and he will come round, I think it's all been so quick from the consultant telling them and 10 days later she is in hospital.

They are a lovely family and they will get through this, they've been married for 23 years.

Dorothy
12-03-2013, 10:53 PM
All my prayers and PD are going out to your friend and her family :yes:

Tink
13-03-2013, 01:11 AM
Every ounce we have, Wendy. :hug2: I hope her husband finds his way through his own sadness and is able to support her in the very difficult and extremely uncomfortable days to come. My friend Edi had the same operation and it was very hard on her. She and her husband ended up divorcing. :(

That's a little too gloomy. :sorry:

Every good wish for her complete recovery.

Mari
13-03-2013, 03:31 AM
Of course sweetie, lots of pixie dust for Teresa and her family!

Sam
13-03-2013, 08:42 AM
I'm sending her lots of love and light. I spoke to Andrew about the husbands reaction and he thinks that if it was me it would be more of the fact that he couldn't protect me from this thing and that he would feel helpless. x

:pdust::pdust:

Wendy
13-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Thanks Sam, my Chris said the same sort of thing. He said it wouldn't be about the masectomy that wouldn't make a difference to him, he would feel there was nothing he could do for me, but he would be there by my side every step of the way.

Tink, I hope they make it through, they have had a tough life with illness and they have been there for each other all this way, I don't think he would leave her, he loves her too much, he just needs to put his own feelings behind him and show her some support.

Kate
13-03-2013, 11:28 AM
Gosh, how awful :( Thinking of your friend and her family and wishing her a speedy recovery.
Hope that husband of hers works out why he's feeling and acting that way, i bet she could really do with his support right now

Watchinherskip
13-03-2013, 02:41 PM
Oh, just saw this, so sorry to hear Wendy. Sending lots of PD their way. Hoping he will come around, he needs to stand up and be there for her.

MystikPiglit
13-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Oh dear. Lots of pixiedust and good wishes. I know how she is feeling.. Her hubby must put his feelings aside for now. She will need his strength. I wouldn't have survived without my Pete.

Wendy
13-03-2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks Diane :hug2:

I've just spoken to her actually, she sounds ok, she said she is very sore which is to be expected and that the consultant said she can go home on Monday.

I asked how her hubby was and she said he walked down to the theatre with her and then when she came back to the ward he was sitting there waiting for her. He still doesn't want to talk about it though. Teresa spoke to the nurse about it, she said that a lot of men take a while to accept it, but it is a step in the right direction that he is there all the time.

Tink
14-03-2013, 01:10 AM
That is a very good step, indeed. It may be extremely hard for him to articulate. Perhaps, he's deeply feared that he would lose her. It's a very personal thing, reacting to a catastrophic illness.

I hope he continues to find his way through what is clearly a very hard time in his life.

Johnie
17-03-2013, 02:34 AM
I hope your friends are doing well :hug2:

Wendy
17-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Thanks for asking Johnie :hug2:

They are ok, hopefully she will be allowed to come home on Monday :fingers: Her hubby has said he's worried that he's going to lose her and also how he will react when he sees her for the first time. He said it doesn't bother him, he knows he is being selfish but he doesn't want to let her down :(

Beccaberry
17-03-2013, 01:52 PM
Sending every good wish to this family you hold so dear, Wendy...

I have no words other than those. x

lozzy
23-03-2013, 08:44 PM
How is your friend doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wendy
23-03-2013, 09:38 PM
Thanks for asking Laura :hug2:

She is home, she still has drains in and has to go back to hospital every day, the infection was deeper than they thought and she has had to have some of the muscle taken away as well :sigh: I can't believe how upbeat she is, she's almost too upbeat if you know what I mean :unsure: She has been offered some counselling so hopefully she will go.

Her husband has been brilliant, he really has, after the initial shock he has been really supportive.

lozzy
23-03-2013, 09:42 PM
Sorry to hear she's having a tougher time than was expected, really glad her husband is okay and has got over the shock.
Fingers crossed things go well from here on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Beccaberry
23-03-2013, 09:48 PM
Brilliant news about the husband, so very happy to hear. Keeping your friend in my thoughts, Wendy. x

uscwest
23-03-2013, 09:56 PM
Glad to hear her DH is coming around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wendy
23-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Thank you Becca and John.

It is a relief, his parents have been down to stay with them so they can help out with the children. His mum is a no nonsense type of person, so she may well have talked some sense into him :yes:

robertcraig
23-03-2013, 11:50 PM
?Thoughts and prayers with your friend and her family