PDA

View Full Version : Just had an interesting experience!

Slowhand
15-03-2013, 03:13 PM
The annual service on my Jaguar had become due, and a couple of weeks ago I received an email from Jaguar asking if I would like to take part in their "Mystery Shopper Programme", so I agreed.
They gave me a special telephone number that I had to use if I had to contact the dealership so that the conversations could be recorded, and obviously I could not breathe a word to anyone prior to my visit, and if the Jag dealers were to contact me I was told to hang up and call them back using this number!

Today was the date for my car`s service.
I had arranged a clandestine meeting point with the mystery shopper who came with me to drop my car off and he was rigged up with a hidden camera to record everything that took place.
While my car was being serviced, my "newly acquired friend" drove me to the town centre where I had coffee and a snack as he had another job to do locally, and he arranged to collect me at a designated spot a couple of hours later.

Back at the garage to collect my car, the guy again came into the dealership with me, again secretly filming all that took place.
After we left, we met up again at our rendezvous location where I had to complete a short questionnaire, after which I was given a cheque for 150 for my troubles. :bounce:

I found the whole thing very surreal, especially as I have been a Jaguar owner for 20 years or so and hence know all the folk at the dealership very well, and always have a laugh and a joke with them whenever I pay them a visit.
I only hope that none of them said anything "out of turn" to me which Jaguar may pick up on. :fingers:

Beccaberry
15-03-2013, 03:19 PM
What a very cool experience, Terry! So then, what will you be doing with your windfall??

Slowhand
15-03-2013, 03:26 PM
So then, what will you be doing with your windfall??
It didn`t last long Becca.
The garage told me that I would shortly need a couple of tyres that cost around 250 EACH!!!!:sorry:

Beccaberry
15-03-2013, 03:28 PM
Oh my, then you should definitely use those pounds for a round of drinks...or two...to dull the pain :)

By the way, will the Jag dealership ever know that you were "undercover" or must you keep it a secret?

keith
15-03-2013, 03:32 PM
I couldn't be more impressed with Jaguar.

The trip to the factory showed how much pride they take in building the cars and the dealerships seem great so far.

In fact, customer service was the big reason to switch from BMW for me. One day about a year or so ago my bmw got something stuck in its tyre and same happened to my friends jag. We met in town and went to bmw first to sort mine out. After waiting an age, BMW guy came out and said, well it'll be 1400.. I said um WHAT?! yeah well the tyre cant be repaired, it's not safe and we dont have any of those tyres so we'll have to quote 4 new ones. After establishing I wasn't on candid camera or some kind of game show, I tried negotiating but they werent having any of it. They wouldnt order me in one, they wouldnt fit one if I bought one off the internet. Nothing. In the end, much to their scowling displeasure, I drove the car and went to an independant who fixed it right up in 15mins.

We then went to Jaguar wondering what they'd say to us. Guy there took his car, offered us tea/coffee, had a good chat, 15mins later they gave him back his keys. He said how much do I owe? They said for a bit of a puncture? Nothing sir, and we've given it a bit of a wash for you as well.

We went for a bite to eat and were discussing the different experiences when Jaguar called him to ask how the service had been and the experience of the dealership. Just to make sure it all went ok.

Jaguar really seem to "get" customer service these days... BMW not so much in my experience :(

uscwest
15-03-2013, 03:37 PM
Wow, Terry, undercover and rewarded for your being a "spy". LOL Sorry to hear you had to spend it on new tires though.

Slowhand
15-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Jaguar really seem to "get" customer service these days... BMW not so much in my experience :(

I totally agree Keith.
Having owned a couple of BMW`s, I always felt that their dealers were doing me a favour in selling me [or rather my company] one of their cars.

I switched to Jaguar and I`m still with them, 7 cars later down the road. :yes:

Mags
15-03-2013, 03:46 PM
What a really great thing to happen Terry. Such a pity that it was gone in an instant though!

Mags

Slowhand
15-03-2013, 03:51 PM
By the way, will the Jag dealership ever know that you were "undercover" or must you keep it a secret?
I dunno for sure Becca, nothing was said about this. :unsure:

No doubt I will mention it to a couple of the folks who work there as I occasionally bump into them socially.

Wendy
15-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Excellent result :) so how did it feel playing James Bond :wink: I think you should take Sue out for a nice meal as the money was unexpected and so you should do something that nice and for you :D

Slowhand
15-03-2013, 03:55 PM
I think you should take Sue out for a nice meal as the money was unexpected and so you should do something that nice and for you :D

Can`t afford Wendy....I`ve got a couple of darn tyres to pay for now! :lol:

keith
15-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Can`t afford Wendy....I`ve got a couple of darn tyres to pay for now! :lol:

Could always dine on the old tyres, call it a chinese, it'd be rubb-er-ly

Wendy
15-03-2013, 04:36 PM

:unsure: Oh dear, I can't believe you said that :lol: :lol:

keith
15-03-2013, 04:38 PM
:unsure: Oh dear, I can't believe you said that :lol: :lol:

oh yes you can :lol:

It's a Terry thread after all!

Slowhand
15-03-2013, 04:42 PM

I never get TYRED of your jokes Keith. :lol:

Wendy
15-03-2013, 04:43 PM
Oh dear here we go :lol:

keith
15-03-2013, 04:43 PM
I never get TYRED of your jokes Keith. :lol:

Thanks Terry but we must TREAD carefully :yes:

Slowhand
15-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Thanks Terry but we must TREAD carefully :yes:
Yeah, we must keep things SLICK or WHEEL be in bother. :lol:

keith
15-03-2013, 04:55 PM
:rotfl:

Wendy
15-03-2013, 05:11 PM
:laugh: you two are as bad as one another :lol:

Mari
15-03-2013, 07:12 PM
I like the check... quite interesting! :yes:

Johnie
16-03-2013, 01:33 AM
Nice!

I've been interested on doing mystery shopping but I swear is give myself away lol

Tink
16-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Wow, that's quite an experience, Terry! I did think it was a bit amusing that they chose you though! You have such a wonderful reputation with all you come in contact with, your visit there must have been quite nice! If Jaguar was hoping to learn about any problems with service, I don't see that happening with you. :)

Jaguar sounds like an excellent customer service company. :yes: I saw a new Jaguar on the road the other day and for the first time in years, I really liked the body style! Now, I know body style is no reason to like or dislike a car, especially when you've never ridden in one, but this one was really impressive. It's good to know a car that costly comes with great service.

As for Beemers? Well, I was driving along to work yesterday in the right lane, thankyouverymuch... just going along, 65 mph or so when this beemer passes me on the left, cuts in front of me, slams on his brakes (forcing me into the passing lane, thank heaven no one was there) and flips me off?! :eek: I'm sure he (yep, it was a guy) thought I was someone else (that's the only reason I can think of) but what a jerk. Now, that doesn't speak to service, but it just may point out the type of person who buys beemers! ;) Not a nice experience.

I have to buy new tires too, Terry so I share your pain. :sigh:

Wendy
16-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Terry, Chris says you are slipping, he thought you would a negotiated a good discount whilst you were with him :wink:

Britchick
16-03-2013, 10:56 AM
Good to know that customer service is so good, why have I got the mission impossible theme tune playing in my head? :rotfl: